PDA

View Full Version : Other Any comments on Tenerife Telecom?

Chewbacca
10-03-2012, 19:06
Hi, can anyone give me any feedback on Tenerife Telecom??? good or bad, we are looking to possibly change from Telefonica.
Thanks

richard king
10-03-2012, 20:00
been with direct telecom couple years now...internet is cheaper and calls to england (especially land lines) are considerably so...never had any reason to call them out but am told they are pretty prompt when asked to do so.. for me it was a no brainer but i hear telefonica do some deals now that were not around when i switched..cant see it being cheaper than d t....

9PLUS
10-03-2012, 22:41
hi, can anyone give me any feedback on tenerife telecom??? Good or bad, we are looking to possibly change from telefonica.
Thanks

aaaeeeeegggghhh aaaeeeeegggghhh aaaeeeeegggghhh

timmylish
11-03-2012, 00:03
been with direct telecom couple years now...internet is cheaper and calls to england (especially land lines) are considerably so...never had any reason to call them out but am told they are pretty prompt when asked to do so.. for me it was a no brainer but i hear telefonica do some deals now that were not around when i switched..cant see it being cheaper than d t....

Where do you get the notion that they are cheaper than Telefonica for internet access?

richard king
11-03-2012, 00:20
must admit that they are only slightly cheaper for internet..for me anyway..but for calls home there was no comparison...do you know any one with better deals ??..why is internet so dear here anyway ??

timmylish
11-03-2012, 01:21
must admit that they are only slightly cheaper for internet..for me anyway..but for calls home there was no comparison...do you know any one with better deals ??..why is internet so dear here anyway ??

I come back to the same question. Internet and related charges, all Spanish land line calls and mobile calls at the week-end all in incl. line rental is 34€,s. Is that expensive? I do call home but then that,s here in San Isidro!

TenerifeTeddy
11-03-2012, 01:30

The main reason that there is no true competition over traditional phone line ADSL, is that although the Spanish government de-regularised the provision of phone and ADSL services, they made no ruling on the cost that Telefonica were allowed to charge competitors using their infrastructure. Hence, instead of like in the UK where BT were made to apply wholesale rates to competitors using their infrastructure, Telefonica charged their competitors 5c less per ADSL line than the normal retail rate, so that no true competition was possible on ADSL. Phone charges were a different issue and Direct Telecom can offer very attractive VOIP call rates, though phone line rental charges and the ADSL charges are very similar to those of Telefonica/Movistar for the reasons listed above.

There will be more competition coming with the completion of the fibre optic link, which is not owned by Telefonica/Movistar, and integration into local exchanges, and much truer competitive rates will be seen as this is rolled out over the next couple of years.

Chewbacca
11-03-2012, 03:11
you all seem to be talking about "direct telecom"..... I asked about "Tenerife Telecom".....
Are they the same company, or are you lot getting confused???

Harlequin
11-03-2012, 15:35
you all seem to be talking about "direct telecom"..... I asked about "Tenerife Telecom".....
Are they the same company, or are you lot getting confused???

Hi Chewbacca

You may not believe this but I got a Google alert about your question just a few moments ago. Speaks volumes for Google and the forum's design...!

In answer to your question...

Tenerife Telecom and Direct Telecom are not the same company and I have no issues when people call us quoting their prices as I know we are cheaper and offer unlimited free calls.

I hope that answers your question and if you have any more please feel free to get in touch...

atlantico
23-12-2013, 21:27
anyone know whats happened to Tenerife Telecom website? their twitter pages seem to be OK.

www.tenerifetelecom.com

Whois states that its for sale !

TenerifeTelecom.com is for sale (http://whois.domaintools.com/tenerifetelecom.com)
The owner of the domain you are researching has it listed for sale

atlantico
01-01-2014, 11:39
does anyone know ???????

atlantico
09-01-2014, 14:49
OK, further to this matter, Tenerife Telecom operated by Michael Mason is/was a re-seller for Xtra Telecom SLU, Grupo (Xtratel) .

Is anyone with Xtra Telecom ?