PDA

View Full Version : Other Brains: home or away?

tracy hampshire
10-03-2012, 21:52
today i walked with my dog along playa jardin in puerto de la cruz up to punta brava, the waves were awsome and amazing to see crashing over the rocks, when i walked back to the other end of the beach, i was taken aback by the stupidity of some people, there is a break water that goes out to sea, which was cordened off due to the conditions, & people were blatently ignoring this just to get a photo,the poor life guard looked to be at his wits end, every time he turned his back along came another fool, finally i came back home and sat on my balcony only to see 3 people stood at the end of the breakwater, with waves crashing over them, one was finally thrown onto the rocks and not into the sea, thankfully, risking your life for a photo, where do these people leave there brains when they come on holiday :dontknow:

cainaries
10-03-2012, 22:00
Here on La Palma I have seen the police arrest people in their bathing trunks as they come out of the sea having ignored the red flag on the beach. Bet they shiver a bit in the police station - they're not even given the chance to get dry. Quite right, too. Why should some poor lifeguard risk his life for them?

timmylish
11-03-2012, 17:38
Idiots to a man (or woman).

Suej
11-03-2012, 17:40
today i walked with my dog along playa jardin in puerto de la cruz up to punta brava, the waves were awsome and amazing to see crashing over the rocks, when i walked back to the other end of the beach, i was taken aback by the stupidity of some people, there is a break water that goes out to sea, which was cordened off due to the conditions, & people were blatently ignoring this just to get a photo,the poor life guard looked to be at his wits end, every time he turned his back along came another fool, finally i came back home and sat on my balcony only to see 3 people stood at the end of the breakwater, with waves crashing over them, one was finally thrown onto the rocks and not into the sea, thankfully, risking your life for a photo, where do these people leave there brains when they come on holiday :dontknow:

On the plane Tracy!:crazy:

tracy hampshire
11-03-2012, 17:47
the stupidity of some people is amazing, i sometimes leave my brain in the bottom of a wine bottle, but i'm never that stupid & careless ........i think ?

cainaries
11-03-2012, 18:53
the stupidity of some people is amazing, i sometimes leave my brain in the bottom of a wine bottle, but i'm never that stupid & careless ........i think ?
That must be where mine is, I'd better check them before I recycle them!

Perhaps on days when it is beautifully warm and sunny people can't understand that this is the middle of the Atlantic with huge currents and not the Mediterranean?

warbey
11-03-2012, 21:56
Its Nature's way of eliminating those not fit to breed..

Santiago
11-03-2012, 22:39
That must be where mine is, I'd better check them before I recycle them!

Perhaps on days when it is beautifully warm and sunny people can't understand that this is the middle of the Atlantic with huge currents and not the Mediterranean?

They probably don't even know where the Canary Islands are and think they ARE in the Mediterranean. We get them in Cornwall, going onto the rocks for a photo and then getting washed into the sea. Sometimes they survive, sometimes not!