PDA

View Full Version : I'm not stupid, but...

Tom & Sharon
11-06-2011, 09:55
Listening to a national radio station in the UK the other day and they discussed this topic,I'll give a few examples;

A male listener texted in and said that his wife in all seriousness stated that she believed when driving past a speed camera that if she lent forward to cover the speedometer,that she couldn't be charged with speeding as the camera couldn't see the speedometer !!! :lol:

Another male listener said he'd convinced his young girlfriend that 'sleeping policemen' or speed humps were for the benefit of blind passengers in cars as a sort of braille to warn them that they were approaching roundabouts :lol:

Another female listener said she always thought Torquay was in Japan?

When back in the UK,I used to take part in a quiz night at the local pub.
One night one of the questions was "In Greek mythology what was the name of the mystical sisters that sang to seamen to lure them on to the rocks"
In a eureka moment :idea:my mate Tony shouted out loud "The Beverley sisters" and for a full 10 seconds he was convinced he was right :doh:

What reminiscences do you have or better still, confessions?

cjd01
11-06-2011, 10:41
Brilliant! I once convinced my ex brother in law that PG rating on films meant Pretty Good!:whistle:

CIM
11-06-2011, 10:48
I used to have Blockbusters on my commodore 64 and when I had friends playing it with me, would tell them they had to speak the answers to the computer - how they tried in all sorts of increasing loud voices to get it to accept their answers....

dokgolf
11-06-2011, 10:53
My wife and some friends were flying to Tenerife a number of years ago. One of the girls hadn't flown before. They told her that because of the pressurised cabin that her underwear would get tight........

Halfway through the flight, my wife noticed that this friend was sitting uncomfortably. "Whats wrong" she asked. Her friend wasn't wearing any knickers and her jeans were killing her!!