PDA

View Full Version : Any Estate Agents who deal with rural properties in Tenerife?

Jackie
11-03-2012, 09:39
Can anyone recommend any Estate Agents that deal with rural properties. I need someone that will actually market the property rather than just put it on a website where it will remain even five years after it's sold

finca18jrl
11-03-2012, 10:19
Yes, agree completely! We are looking for one too and have no faith in the response from any agents contacted so far....

fonica
11-03-2012, 14:31
Yes, agree completely! We are looking for one too and have no faith in the response from any agents contacted so far.... Who have you contacted so far and what have they said to you? If your asking price is not where the agent thinks it should be then he is unlikely to make a huge effort to come out and take photos etc.,especially now, when there are so many properties on the market. There are some good recommendations on here as well as warnings so have a look on the other threads regarding agents.

Suej
11-03-2012, 15:38
Can anyone recommend any Estate Agents that deal with rural properties. I need someone that will actually market the property rather than just put it on a website where it will remain even five years after it's sold

Too cold up in them hills Jackie?:wave:

Jackie
11-03-2012, 15:43
Too cold up in them hills Jackie?:wave:

Something like that Sue lol ;)

marbro8
11-03-2012, 18:13
Can anyone recommend any Estate Agents that deal with rural properties. I need someone that will actually market the property rather than just put it on a website where it will remain even five years after it's soldhi jackie have you tried young golfer or c.i.m ? i know they are very trustworthy and have been members on here for some years now, but i don't know if there is a difference between rural estate agents and agents that sell holiday properties?:wink:

chris
11-03-2012, 18:14

Why not try our own Young Golfer or CIM?

Added after 2 min sorry Marbro8 but you beat me to it.

finca18jrl
11-03-2012, 20:01
Who have you contacted so far and what have they said to you? If your asking price is not where the agent thinks it should be then he is unlikely to make a huge effort to come out and take photos etc.,especially now, when there are so many properties on the market. There are some good recommendations on here as well as warnings so have a look on the other threads regarding agents.

We have approached 2 or 3 agents and asked them to give us their opinion price-wise, as when all is said and done it is their profession. None of them have got back to us AT ALL!! I think a phone call or email as a minimum would be nice. Clearly they are all too busy!

YOUNG GOLFER
11-03-2012, 23:46
hi jackie have you tried young golfer or c.i.m ? i know they are very trustworthy and have been members on here for some years now, but i don't know if there is a difference between rural estate agents and agents that sell holiday properties?:wink:

Thanks marbro8 and Chris very kind.

If anyone is wanting to put their property up for sale then why not try the forum first you never know someone might be looking......take some good photos,give plenty of details size of property yearly fees ect.

Times are hard and it is a buyers market but don't be to surprised if you get silly or low offers.

My advice is if you don't need to sell then hold on to it or rent it out for the time being.
But if anyone want's to make a apointment with me then i will come and have a chat and might be able to bring a few other agents in the hope you might get a sale.....and two of these guys work in Rural property.

Added after 17 minutes:

We have approached 2 or 3 agents and asked them to give us their opinion price-wise, as when all is said and done it is their profession. None of them have got back to us AT ALL!! I think a phone call or email as a minimum would be nice. Clearly they are all too busy!

I can only talk for myself and it is busy at the moment as there are people still buying....i find it hard to find the time to take on new properties but i do get around to it.

Mind you it does not help spending a hour with someone listing a property when they a week later put up a huge FOR SALE DIRECT FROM THE OWNER SIGN..... at 5% less than i HAD it listed....what a cheek.

Also someone who won't listen to the fact there are 3 properties BIGGER on the same complex 10% less.....his words it's my price or i will just lock it up.

Or can i put my property up at a silly price (don't really care if it sells or not just testing the market) again it's wasting peoples time....to me there are people out there who want to sell their property and are willing to listen to advice but more so being more realistic in wanting to sell in these tought times.

Or my best one this year guy walks into my shop and asked me to list his property and it was a great bargain......not only me but given it to most agents.......only to find he has given his partners (or should i say X partners) details just to wind that person up......even after i rang him to say what are you playing at he had the cheek to asked me if i still had his disk lol.