PDA

View Full Version : Smoking in Cars

Bobe the Book
11-03-2012, 10:10
Does anyone know the Tenerife law that applies to a driver who his smoking whilst driving a car. There was a story in this weeks "Tenerife Weekly" page 16 under the heading National News "Police Target Drivers Behaving Badly" . ???

obs
11-03-2012, 10:20
I doubt that there is one, I regularly see police (of all flavours) puffing away as they drive around. Although I think it is against the law, as their car is in effect their workplace, and as such should be smoke free! :whistle:

Suej
11-03-2012, 11:55
It's very, very common to see people smoking in cars so I don't think there is a law here! if there is no one takes a blind bit of notice!:wink:

timmylish
11-03-2012, 17:35
Fag lighters and ashtrays provided and in newer cars lots of drink holders. What are we supposed to do but use the damn things!

anegib
23-04-2012, 12:03
I have been told that it is now against the law to smoke while driving a car.

cainaries
23-04-2012, 12:30
I have been told that it is now against the law to smoke while driving a car.

I'm never going to convince OH of this. I'll just have to wait until he gets fined. Thanks for the info, though.

Fred Perry
23-04-2012, 12:47
I hope so! It should be banned. Drivers are allowed to light up and smoke whislt driving but I canīt use my mobile? Doesīnt add up.

timmylish
23-04-2012, 15:22
But you can use your mobile using properly installed systems leaving you free to do everything by voice control. Big difference between people trying to MAKE calls whilst driving at any speed to just having a fag for pleasure, imho!

Simon-M
23-04-2012, 16:05
Oh, you have to take one hand off the steering wheel to change gear too. Surely that should be illegal. What about operating your radio. That should be illegal too. Talking on the phone is one thing but texting while driving, now that is just plain STUPID!