PDA

View Full Version : Info required on renewing a passport in the UK

sandra
13-03-2012, 18:46
Hi guys, anyone know if i have to get passport photos countersigned if i am renewing a passport in the UK.

Sandra xx

Tom & Sharon
13-03-2012, 18:50
Hi guys, anyone know if i have to get passport photos countersigned if i am renewing a passport in the UK.

Sandra xx

Yes,when you pick up the application form for renewal at the Post Office,the notes attached describe in detail what you have to do.

Leam_Lin
13-03-2012, 19:03
I renewed my passport in January, did not have to have the photo countersigned, also downloaded the application form.Advised not to keep specs on for photo.
On returning to Birmingham earlier this month they have the machines to take the new passports.
I used the old way due to OH having the old style passport.

sandra
13-03-2012, 19:31
I renewed my passport in January, did not have to have the photo countersigned, also downloaded the application form.Advised not to keep specs on for photo.
On returning to Birmingham earlier this month they have the machines to take the new passports.
I used the old way due to OH having the old style passport.

Cheers I thought i didnt have to have them signed. Thanks a lot xx

jewels
13-03-2012, 19:38
I just applied for my daughters,It says in the notes they only need to be countersigned if the difference is very noticable

Tom & Sharon
13-03-2012, 19:59
I just applied for my daughters,It says in the notes they only need to be countersigned if the difference is very noticable

After a little thought,I do concede that my renewal late last year included replacing my old photo with a new different one,hence it required countersigning.
My apologies for providing incorrect information.

Tom

sandra
13-03-2012, 20:07
After a little thought,I do concede that my renewal late last year included replacing my old photo with a new different one,hence it required countersigning.
My apologies for providing incorrect information.

Tom did you get someone from tenerife to countersign the fotos

Tom & Sharon
13-03-2012, 20:13
did you get someone from tenerife to countersign the fotos

No, I was in the UK for a couple of months so i renewed whilst there and used a family friend who I'd used before.

Leam_Lin
13-03-2012, 20:51
My photos were different, old one I had specs on & curly hair, new one straight hair & as asked no specs., still did not have them countersigned.

primrose
13-03-2012, 21:06
Renewed ours in Liverpool when we went back to England for Holiday and didn't have them countersigned.