PDA

View Full Version : Latest CD Tenerife & Armada Sur 92 News

Fred Perry
11-06-2011, 11:53
What a few weeks it has been. Never a dull moment at the soap story that is "CD Tenerife". The s*** has hit the fan recently and the changes are drastic. Good in a way as we obviously needed a fresh start but everyone is currently a bit nervy about how it will all pan out.

Anyway;

Nearly every player has been have been told they will not be required for the new season. The Club have asked many of them to accept a reduced pay-off and also to be paid in installments.

Last Wednesday the official club website announced that they could not guarantee that CD Tenerife would be able to play in the 2nd b next season. The statement was to put pressure on the players to negotiate a deal before June 30th so that the club does not suffer yet another relegation.

Players that will stay are likely to be 1) Omar Ramos 2) Pablo Sicilia (this is due to the injury sustained in the last game which will keep his sidelined until Christmas) 3) Kitoko 4) Germán & several other youth team players. News is not clear about promising youngster Josmar Zambrano, he could well stay as he is prepared to re-negociate his salary.

Next season will start early on Aug 20th/21st. The draw for the new fixtures will be made on July 7th.

The cull goes on ; CD Tenerife manager Amaral - SACKED. Tenerife B manager Merino SACKED. All stadium staff, ticket office staff sacked. Many owed money for wages.

A new "platform" has been formed to attempt to force the club into changes. "Tenerife Joven" (Young Tenerife) have been on local radio and are gaining support for their new project. Armada Sur will meet with them in the next couple of weeks.

The "un-official" 3 way collaboration between CD Tenerife/CF Granada and Italian club Udinese for next season will mean that several young Udinese could make their way here on loan. Udinese have a big squad and play in the Champions League 2011/2012.

Ex-Tenerife legend Cristo Marrero has signed for UD Las Zocas in the south of Tenerife. Might be worth a few trips next season.

So far the only Canarian teams playing in the 2nd B along side Tenerife next season are Vecindario (south Gran Canaria) & Universidad de Las Palmas (city center). There is a chance that Lanzarote & Las Palmas B can still be promoted but they both lost their first leg play off matches.

Most home matches will be played on Sunday at midday. TV Canaria will purchase a block of games and they are likely to be played on Saturday afternoons.

ARMADA SUR
SUNDAY June 19th - BBQ Chio Forest. Coach full for this one but anyone is welcome to join us on the day. Starts 1pm.

Season tickets - 2011/2012
Early days but prices will obviously drop. If anyone does not wish to re-new please let me know. Also anyone that is upstairs (Pop. Alta) and wishes to swap for downstairs (Pop. Baja) this should be possible.

Armada Sur - New style 2011/2012
New t-shirts, new designs and new banners.

Frente Blanquiazul - After roughly 16 years the Frente are undergoing a major "generation change". The youth have come through as the Old Guard take a back seat. Next season sees the 25th anniversary of the group and despite the 2nd B level everyone is determined to make it a memorable one off the pitch.

If anyone has any ideas regarding the running of the club or iniciatives for Armada Sur feel free to comment (and no we are not going across to support Las Palmas)

Now if any multi-millionaire is reading this now is your chance to enter into a potentially great club that has been badly run for many years.
As rumoured RED BULL were very interested in buying CD Tenerife but we do not want to go down that route, change of colours/crest/name. No way!!

Fred Perry
11-06-2011, 12:35
Yes, I suppose in hindsight that promotion was the worst thing that could have happened (but I would not have swapped it for the anything). The bigwigs in charge were simply not competant enough to take the club onto greater things. A thin base and when that falls through - bang. It all falls apart. The best & in a way most organised thing about the club at present are the supporters.

BBQ Coach
Toby Jug - midday
Royal Oak - 12.10
Los Menores (Dama Rosa) - 12.30

redarrow
12-06-2011, 11:16
Granada have reached the final of the playoff by beating Celta on penalties. I would back them against Valladolid or Elche.

I'm trying to work out if promotion for them will be better or worse for us. One thing for sure, is that there is a worry that our young Canarian players will be pushed aside in favour of Udinese players. Not good in my view.

bonitatime
13-06-2011, 21:39
Redarrow - Elche have some fairly underhand tricks. After a foul yesterday one of their players actually managed to take one of his boots off mid air and then have the cheek to blame Valladolid. Not sure if you watched the game but the refereeing was fairly onesided. (The sort of treatment we get normally)
looking forward to Sunday.
There was no doubt we would need new banners as we seem to have lost this years one. Shame really as it was a great banner.

If you speak and Spanish there is a you-tube video in 2 parts on the Soy del Tete Tenerife fan shop facebookpage which describes the modern history of the club by Antenna 3 Canarias. (I am too lazy to link it now )

redarrow
14-06-2011, 11:21
Redarrow - Elche have some fairly underhand tricks. After a foul yesterday one of their players actually managed to take one of his boots off mid air and then have the cheek to blame Valladolid. Not sure if you watched the game but the refereeing was fairly onesided. (The sort of treatment we get normally)

Terrible decision by the ref for awarding a free kick for Elche's second goal. The ball was clearly headed. Goalkeeper had an absolute nightmare on all three goals.

I'll be surprised if Elche get past Granada, they really aren't Primera standard. Mind you, I wouldn't say Rayo were either.

Fred Perry
15-06-2011, 12:24
News;
Another player likely to stay at the club is Argentinian center half Ezequiel Luna.

Luanvi will present the brand new CD Tenerife kits in the next couple of weeks. Three new kits will unveiled and some information regarding their design has been released. The home kit will ofcourse be blue shorts and white top. The Flag (cross) will be part of the design(first time for a home shirt) and we keep the flag on the blue and away top but this slightly lower down on the rib section.
The third kit will be the most suprising according to reports. Lime green shirt with orange shorts.

Armada Sur will meet with the new "Platform Tenerife Joven" this Friday. Another movement is being formed from ex-players, politicians and businessmen to attempt a takeover of CD Tenerife. This one is rather secretive for now.

Nino is Osasuna bound - the deal has been agreed and will be made official in the next few days. Nino "pardoned" CD Tenerife almost 2.5 million € in wages owed on his contract!

Tenerife are still involved in intense negotiations with existing players contracts. Still a chance that CD Tenerife will fall into administration or will be demoted during the summer to the 3rd Division.

ARMADA SUR
BBQ SUNDAY AT CHIO - weather forecast is hot hot hot - 32c. I hope the bbq areas are not closed due to fire risk.
Still a few places on coach as quite a few driving now.

Heffalumpy
16-06-2011, 08:49
ARMADA SUR
BBQ SUNDAY AT CHIO - weather forecast is hot hot hot - 32c. I hope the bbq areas are not closed due to fire risk.
Still a few places on coach as quite a few driving now.[/QUOTE]

Whereabouts is the BBQ area in Chio?

bonitatime
16-06-2011, 10:58
Whereabouts is the BBQ area in Chio?

You need to go through Chio, and take the road to Teide. Once you are a way past the pine forests on the left there is a sign which says Parque Recreativo....... with a big car park and lots of cars. Its in there.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/BONITATIME/ScreenShot004.jpg

Fred Perry
16-06-2011, 16:16
Mikel Alonso is on the point of signing for League One English club Charlton Athletic.

Real Betis are very interested in signing Tenerife forward Omar Ramos

Regards BBQ;
Take the road to Chio then after the village turn off towards El Teide. Follow the road straight until you go through the Pine level and out the other side and it is on the right. See map above.

Davethepubsinger
17-06-2011, 13:52
I'll wave to you if we pass overhead when landing.

Fred Perry
30-06-2011, 15:20
News coming in thick & fast;

1) Universidad de Las Palmas are very likely to be demoted after failing to find the 450.000€ needed to pay off players. Infact it is almost certain that they will totally fold as a football club. It means we will lose our other derby as it is not certain the another Canarian team will take their place under new rules.

2) CD Tenerife have held a press conference to report that they will need to lay off 50 employees of the Club. There is still a chance that CD Tenerife will go into administration (but this does not affect the teams status or does not mean a points deduction)

3) Amaral has now officialy been sacked as manager although he has refused to sign his letter. The matter will now go to court.

4) It looks as though goalkeeper Sergio Aragoneses will be staying after all. This is very good news (we do have some! :pray:)

5) The brand new CDT kits will be presented in the next fortnight.

6) The composition of the new groups in 2nd B will be decided tomorrow at a meeting in Madrid. New fixtures out next Wed. July 6th.

7) Regards away games; Ryan-air have changed their timetable and now have flights that leave Tenerife south at 4pm Saturday and return Sunday evening. Perfect for the Sunday midday games around the Madrid area. Most flights cost between 30-50€ return.

8) No news yet on any pre-season matches although the annual CD Marino vs CD Tenerife in Las Americas will likely take place around early August. If the game falls on a Fri or Sat. The Royal Oak will host a party for the 25th anniversary of the Frente Blanaquiazul with a concert by Oi! Se Arma.

Added after 5 Hours 24 minutes:

BREAKING NEWS
UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS PALMAS - RELEGATED TO THIRD DIVISION.

In total 12 Spanish football clubs have been demoted for non-payment to players this afternoon.
Cultural Leonesa, Palencia, Castellón, Universidad de Las Palmas, Polideportivo Ejido, Alicante y Rayo Vallecano B. Also Benidorm, Cerro Reyes, Estepona, Jumilla y La Muela.

It is not yet clear who will take the place of Universidad. We should find out tomorrow. There are rumours that Las Palmas B will take the place. I would prefer UD Lanzarote.

TheBloke
30-06-2011, 21:43
Thanks for the updates Chris but what is happening with the players that have denounced the club for wages owed?

bonitatime
30-06-2011, 21:58
Thanks for the updates Chris but what is happening with the players that have denounced the club for wages owed?
We will be informed by the middle of next month who they are and then have time to negotiate

Chayofa Tete
01-07-2011, 09:23
Has anyone any thoughts on the new coach? we really need him in place as the new season is getting quite close now.

redarrow
01-07-2011, 11:58
It's quite sad what has happened to Universidad. Having said that, they just missed out on the playoffs last season, so there must be a couple of standout players we could take.

On the manager front, goodness knows. Cristo would probably need a lot of help. Me, I'd try and get Tapia back, but he's probably got the hump with us.

Fred Perry
01-07-2011, 12:19
Well we were waiting for Carlos Terrazas from Guadalajara but they got promoted in the play-offs last weekend and unsuprisingly he decided to stay there in the 2nd than drop a league.

Yes, sad about Universidad de Las Palmas but they did not get the support. On a egoistic level they were a team always pushing for promotion and as Bob says they have some decent players we could do with now.

Shockingly for the Island of Tenerife a number of sporting teams have hit hard times & have gone bust this week. CV Tenerife, who are the women volleyball team (they won the European Champions League in 2005 & many super leagues) could not afford to keep going in the league.

Also the historic 3 de Mayo (handball) have folded. Interestingly although a different sport this was the first team that the Frente Blanquiazul grouped together to animate back in 1986.

The Tenerife Mens Volleyball team from the south that had various British players has now folded & the men waterpolo team from Puerto de la Cruz has gone bust. Okay, all fringe sports but all these clubs played in national leagues spreading the name of Tenerife across Europe & mainland Spain.

My dream one day would be for CD Tenerife to run all these clubs under one name (something FC Barcelona do).
Basketball, voleyball, hockey etc. could all be the same institution. I suppose CDT have enough trouble running just their football team for now!! Does seem crazy though for an Island with a population of 1 million and all the tourism that all the Island Sports clubs are in deep crisis.

bonitatime
01-07-2011, 12:20
Christo has signed to play for Las Zocas this year.
It seems very quiet. I hope they have some plans for a coach. The difficulty seems to be they had Guadalajara's coach in mind but when they went up to 2A he opted to stay there.

Fred Perry
01-07-2011, 14:30
Bufff. chaos. The Federation have not been able to sort the groups out today after all as a couple of clubs that were demoted have come up with guarantees so they can stay in the league. Also some confusion about who can take Universidad´s place in the league as Las Palmas B & UD Lanzarote have said there is no way that they can pay off the 450.000,€ debt left by Universidad. Next team in the list is Granadilla (Tenerife South).

BUT it is now being reported that a club will not need to pay the 450.000€ straight debt, what happens is the whole debts are added up between the demoted teams and then the amount is divided between teams that wish to take their place. So it should be less and perhaps more accesible to teams.

We will not know now until Mon or Tues of next week the composiiton of the leagues for next season and this could delay the fixture list being released in 2nd B.

Davethepubsinger
01-07-2011, 14:57
Why not approach Universidads manager as he has experience or segunda b?

Fred Perry
02-07-2011, 16:55
This is someone´s idea of what the new home shirt could look like;
http://i56.tinypic.com/ruu0km.jpg

Fred Perry
08-07-2011, 11:40
It has been strongly rumoured that CD Tenerife will participate in the San Gines Trophy in Lanzarote between the dates of Aug 9th to 12th. Other clubs participating will be UD Las Palmas(spit) & UD Lanzarote.

Also the annual "Teide Trophy" game in Orotava will be between CD Tenerife & Real Madrid B. Not confirmed though. Hopefully there will be a better rival. Other years have seen the presence of Ath.Bilbao, Real Zaragoza, Valencia & Peñarol(Uruguay),

canary boy
12-07-2011, 18:53
Over next week Fred cant wait to get to the shop! I think its going to be an expensive week or two!