PDA

View Full Version : RIP David Whittaker, Merry Monk

Nic
14-03-2012, 22:18
For those of you that don't know, Dave, the owner of the Merry Monk lost his battle against cancer at the weekend. There will be a party in his honour a week on Sunday in the Merry Monk, Los Cristianos.

RIP Dave :(

SuzyQ
14-03-2012, 22:53
Found out on Saturday, he fought long and hard. Lovely man, so sorry for James and Charlotte. The comments on Facebook all said the same thing, absolute Gent. Very sad.

Myra
14-03-2012, 23:00
I am so sorry, please anyone who is passing the Merry Monk, tell Charlotte and James, that I am deeply sorry, I thought a lot of David, and my Heart goes out to them .. Myra xx

slodgedad
15-03-2012, 02:27
RIP.

One of the few people who made Tenerife what it became in the day.

Sadly missed, but a fine legacy...

jim1joiner
17-03-2012, 11:43
Just read about David so sorry,what a gent will be sadly missed.Look after yourselves James & Charlotte will see you soon..

Jimmy & Sue (the spud queen):(

malvasia
17-03-2012, 12:59
For those of you that don't know, Dave, the owner of the Merry Monk lost his battle against cancer at the weekend. There will be a party in his honour a week on Sunday in the Merry Monk, Los Cristianos.

RIP Dave :(

Very sad day, Dave was a gentleman.................. and a party would have been just the send off he would have wanted.
R.I.P. Dave

SuzyQ
17-03-2012, 21:04
I believe his memorial is at the bar next Sunday the 25th at 4pm. Should be good.

jim1joiner
27-03-2012, 18:08
Did anybody go to Davids memorial and did he have a good send off

TOTO 99
28-03-2012, 08:44
Did anybody go to Davids memorial and did he have a good send off

They did him proud Jim. Really busy inside and out. Loads of well known acts taking turns to give a bit of a show. A real party atmosphere which was great to see. Dave would have been proud. A great send off for a great guy.

jewels
28-03-2012, 10:43
They did him proud Jim. Really busy inside and out. Loads of well known acts taking turns to give a bit of a show. A real party atmosphere which was great to see. Dave would have been proud. A great send off for a great guy.

It was a lovely and very fitting send off,James and Charlotte were fantastic.So many people helped out and Chris Bryan did a brilliant job comparing the whole afternoon and evening.Your right Toto 99 David would have been very proud,he would have loved it. r.i.p.you lovely man xxxx

jim1joiner
28-03-2012, 17:40
Thanks for letting me know about David TOTO 99 & jewels not going out till june will see James & Charlotte then.Glad he had a good send off

DOREEN QUINN
29-03-2012, 00:22
It was a brilliant day and night! The best of send offs for a lovely friend x