PDA

View Full Version : Finance Can anyone recommend Smart Currency Exchange?

SuzyQ
14-03-2012, 23:34
This company advertise here on the forum. has anyone used them and can recommend? I need to move some sterling to Tenerife. Thanks in advance.

waveydavey
15-03-2012, 07:19
I recently had a sum of money brought out here with Currencies Direct,they were very good and did not charge very much.They gave me a rate that they will use and the money was in my bank in three days.I will use them in the future.

TOPGUN77
24-12-2013, 12:09
I used them before but had better service and rates from Currencies 4 you.

Tom & Sharon
24-12-2013, 13:10
We have an account with Currency Index http://www.currencyindex.co.uk/

Once you have an account with them, it takes about 5 mins each time you use them to request a transfer and get the deal through. If you do it before 2 pm, the money is in your bank in Tenerife the following morning.

Highly efficient service, good rates and very, very easy.

universal
24-12-2013, 13:23
I always have the money in the account within the hour with Currencies Direct as they use their own existing funds in the receiving country.
Good rates and excellent & friendly service.

TOPGUN77
24-12-2013, 15:06
With currencies 4 you transfers over £500 are free other companies I used charged between £5-£10.If the money is in there account before 1.00pm the money is sent out same day and normally get it in my Spanish bank account the same day.Great serice I got 1.1960 3 weeks ago.

kiwiphil
24-12-2013, 15:24
The rate on Currency Fair at the moment is 1.197. The only fee is 3€ to transfer funds out. I use them every month and they are great. It does take a while to sign up though. If one of the others is better though then I'd happily change to it.

This site works slightly differently, in that you are actually doing the trade with another individual / business, and you can actually set the rate you want to trade at. You then simply wait to see if someone wants to buy your ££ at the rate you are offering them. Its all within the framework controlled by Currency Fair so is totally safe.

If people with logins to the other sites post rates today then we can get a fair comparison of the services. Or we could all agree to post live rates at a given time one day.