PDA

View Full Version : Other Metal Detector at Manchester airport?

GroovyGran
15-03-2012, 14:50
Hi, I hope someone can help. My grandaughter is flying out to Tenerife in a couple of weeks for her very first holiday abroad. However, she is a little worried about going through the metal detector at the airport, as she has a few piercings, ears, eyebrow etc.
Does anyone know if they will set it off. If so I will advise her to remove them.
Sorry to ask on this forum, but I have searched the Manchester Airport site and can't find anything!

Thanks in advance

Gran

willowlily
15-03-2012, 15:11
Hi, I hope someone can help. My grandaughter is flying out to Tenerife in a couple of weeks for her very first holiday abroad. However, she is a little worried about going through the metal detector at the airport, as she has a few piercings, ears, eyebrow etc.
Does anyone know if they will set it off. If so I will advise her to remove them.
Sorry to ask on this forum, but I have searched the Manchester Airport site and can't find anything!

Thanks in advance

Gran

airport security experience this scenario everyday and if they can see the piercings you should not have to remove them, they dont insist on wedding rings being removed so unless she has genital piercings she should have a smooth passage through through the screening process.
dont know the procedure for genital piercings but can imagine it would be a trip to a cubicle to reveal said metalalic object

GroovyGran
15-03-2012, 20:01
Thanks willowlily, that sounds ok, she has no genital piercings, just ears and face. I will let her know

regards Gran