PDA

View Full Version : Hi

roosky
17-03-2012, 00:19
Hi there,
I'm about to visit Tenerife for the first time, with my husband. Last year we had a very enjoyable holiday in Fuerteventura, and now wish to see more of the Canaries.
I am recovering from a hip operation, so can only walk on the flat, and not more than a couple of miles, so am looking to stay somewhere that isn't hilly. We'd also like to stay in an area which isn't purpose-built for tourists. We're looking at Puerto de la Cruz, with a hotel on the seafront - is this practical?

TenerifeTeddy
17-03-2012, 00:35
Hi Roosky and welcome to the forum :)

If you havenīt visited Tenerife before then you will find Puerto de la Cruz a very pretty place to visit. It has some great architecture and squares and near the sea is comparably flat. You will also be near Loro Parque which is well worth a visit and only 30 minutes drive from the Aņagua national park a beautiful place to drive through and stop and admire the views.

It is a bit cooler and wetter than the south. There are several members on her who live in that neck of the woods who can give you more detail than me, but we often go there as a change of scenery from the south when we want a break.

Mia
08-04-2012, 14:23
Hi and welcome.

I hope you have a nice holiday.
You should enjoy Puerto de la Cruz.

roosky
08-04-2012, 14:53
We're off on Tuesday, so hope the sun is shining !

sunseeker
08-04-2012, 15:22
welcome :)