PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Flights

Emmity
17-03-2012, 12:26
Hi All, Do any of you have any tips on getting a reasonably priced last minute flight? I usually just book online direct with Ryanair. I did check flying to Barcelona first then on to london and this was cheaper with my residents discount but I was just wondering if any of you have any tips.
Thanks very much

Tom & Sharon
17-03-2012, 12:32
Hi All, Do any of you have any tips on getting a reasonably priced last minute flight? I usually just book online direct with Ryanair. I did check flying to Barcelona first then on to london and this was cheaper with my residents discount but I was just wondering if any of you have any tips.
Thanks very much

Where are you flying to and when?

I always find Thomas Cook are the cheapest for last minute www.flythomascook.com but we always fly in to Manchester. Even after Feb half term we only paid £34 total at the last minute.

I believe Thomson can be quite cheap last minute for Gatwick flights.

Emmity
17-03-2012, 12:40
Flying to any London airport although i would much prefer Stansted because its closest to my destination, not sure when it will be yet but sometime over the next 6 weeks. I will look at thomas cook though thank you. If i can get a good transfer then it doesn't really matter where i land!! :)

Tom & Sharon
17-03-2012, 13:04
Flying to any London airport although i would much prefer Stansted because its closest to my destination, not sure when it will be yet but sometime over the next 6 weeks. I will look at thomas cook though thank you. If i can get a good transfer then it doesn't really matter where i land!! :)

Some time in the next 6 weeks is not last minute! Last minute is a few days before.

I book loads and loads of flights, and the best thing to do is watch the flight prices every day, you'll find they go up and down.

The cheapest ones showing for April at the moment are Ryanair into Luton, and the cheapest is £33. If you know when you want to go, I would book one of those now. Obviously they are dear over Easter.

If you don't know yet when you want to go, I would leave it until a week before. Thomas Cook throw their cheapies on 7 days before, and these are the last minute ones I normally go for. Like I say, we fly into Manchester so don't know if it's the same.

Another thing is, if it's just the odd seat, the Tue and Fri flights tend to be cheaper.

Emmity
17-03-2012, 13:15
Thanks for your help, I am waiting for the date of a hospital appointment thats why i have no idea when i am going yet :dontknow: Thanks for all the tips

Davethepubsinger
27-03-2012, 12:37
I've flown via Madrid before to London airports. However, the last time I looked Ryanair had changed the times of it's Madrid flights so it wasn't do-able anymore without an overnight stop.