PDA

View Full Version : Football Bolton player collapsed on the pitch at White Hart Lane today.

Suej
17-03-2012, 19:35
Sorry I don't know the name of the player but a midfield player for Bolton has just collapsed on the pitch...it doesn't look good as he did not respond to CPR and electric shock treatment.:(

primrose
17-03-2012, 19:39
Sorry I don't know the name of the player but a midfield player for Bolton has just collapsed on the pitch...it doesn't look good as he did not respond to CPR and electric shock treatment.:(

Match has been abandoned.

Tom & Sharon
17-03-2012, 19:40
He's died. 23, very sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabrice_Muamba

AL JAY
17-03-2012, 19:44
Its Bolton player Fabrice Muamba he had cpr/defibrillator on the pitch and has been rushed to hospital he's 23 years old,I hope to god he is ok!!!

Tom & Sharon
17-03-2012, 19:46
Its Bolton player Patrice Muamba he had cpr/defibrillator on the pitch and has been rushed to hospital he's 23 years old,I hope to god he is ok!!!

See the link above

2 mins ago Wikipedia said he died. Now it doesn't ???

AL JAY
17-03-2012, 19:52
I am watching it live now on TV the thing with wikipedia is it can be edited by anyone and often is,they still haven't confirmed anything on ESPN,i clinging to the hope that he is ok.

imablue
17-03-2012, 19:53
hope the poor lad gets through this.....absolutely shocked ...

bonitatime
17-03-2012, 19:55
They were talking about this on Spanish TV I hope he is ok.

Added after 3 minutes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/17417973?

Link From the BBC talked about collapased and stopped breathing.

AL JAY
17-03-2012, 20:31
"BREAKING NEWS: Ambulance crew confirms that they got Muamba breathing again. Thank God!" (source Everton forum uk) via twitter!

golf birdie
17-03-2012, 20:47
"BREAKING NEWS: Ambulance crew confirms that they got Muamba breathing again. Thank God!" (source Everton forum uk) via twitter!

does not mean he's out of the woods as he may well suffer brain damage if he stopped breathing;

''six to nine minutes seem to be the time frame a brain can tolerate being without oxygen before serious irreparable damage occurs''

primrose
17-03-2012, 20:56
does not mean he's out of the woods as he may well suffer brain damage if he stopped breathing;

''six to nine minutes seem to be the time frame a brain can tolerate being without oxygen before serious irreparable damage occurs''

Having a Husband who's Heart was stopped for 16 mins and knowing the terrible Brain damage that it can cause he will need a miracle to fully recover, if is Heart was stopped for as long as they say then he has a long hard fight ahead of him.I wish him all the luck in the World for a full recovery.

chris
17-03-2012, 21:12
Hospital just announced that his condition is stable so that is good news

Tom & Sharon
17-03-2012, 21:37
Glad that Wikipedia was wrong.

Wishing him a speedy recovery :nursepatient::nursepatient:

chris
17-03-2012, 21:47
Hospital just announced that his condition is stable so that is good news

Added after 30 min

Just announced on the news:

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba is stable and breathing again in a London hospital after collapsing on the pitch during a game with Tottenham

woolli
17-03-2012, 22:22
Being a Bolton fan I watched it all unfolding. It was very distressing, and I did fear the worst. It took 2 hours from the incident to Sky announcing he is now stable, it seemed like 2 days! Just hope he can now make a full recovery.
Their is a God up there!

Suej
17-03-2012, 22:32
Glad that Wikipedia was wrong.

Wishing him a speedy recovery :nursepatient::nursepatient:

I couldn't see where they had said he had died? it just said his condition was serious! Thank God he's hanging in there! let's hope he recovers soon!

primrose
17-03-2012, 22:33
Statement just been released by Bolton Wanderers that Muamba is critically ill in Intensive Care.

woolli
17-03-2012, 22:42
Yes, just been reported on Sky. Doesnt look good. Come on Fabrice, keep fighting.

YOUNG GOLFER
18-03-2012, 00:01
Wish this young man all the best...and only 23 heart attack..i just wonder are these guys too fit if that's such a thing.

Ian55
18-03-2012, 00:02
The latest news on the Footballer is here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17417973

jolfc
18-03-2012, 08:02
sky sports news report that owen coyle has said the next 24 hours will be crucial for fabrice muamba,
i really hope fabrice muamba is going to be okay.

AL JAY
19-03-2012, 19:54
Fabrice Muamba is speaking and recognising visitors,thats fantastic news... "Source Sky Sports News!

bonitatime
19-03-2012, 21:41
This is awesome news

imablue
19-03-2012, 22:31
Brilliant news.... and this from Yahoo News..15 minutes ago

Bolton's Fabrice Muamba is now breathing without a ventilator and responding to family members, the hospital treating him has said.

A statement was issued by London Chest Hospital and Bolton football club after a friend said that the player had started to speak.

Curtis Codrington, who visited Muamba in intensive care, told the Associated Press the player had spoken "minimal words in English and French, which is better than nothing".
AND .....
At 7pm London Chest Hospital and Bolton released a joint statement.

It read: "Fabrice Muamba remains in intensive care at the London Chest Hospital.
He is continuing to show signs of improvement this evening.

"He is now able to breathe independently without the aid of a ventilator. He has also been able to recognise family members and respond to questions appropriately.

"These are all positive signs of progress. However, the medical staff in intensive care will continue to monitor and treat him.

Suej
20-03-2012, 12:42
How nice to see support for Fabrice Sunday night's match Real Madrid players wore shirts with well wishes to Fabrice emblazoned on them!:)

imablue
20-03-2012, 15:24
Apparently one of the first things he asked was ..
"Who did Everton get in the draw .....?"....:wink:

Tom & Sharon
21-03-2012, 10:24
After Wikipedia announced his death rather prematurely, it is great news that he is making good progress, and we wish him well for his recovery.

I've got a question/concern about this though :-

On Saturday, they said he was not breathing on the pitch when they took him off after 10 mins, and that it took medics almost 2 hrs to get his heart beating on its own.

Now its absolutely great if he's going to make a full recovery from that, although I know it's early days. What I've been thinking though is that if he wasn't a premiership footballer, they wouldn't have worked on him for 2 hours, as I don't think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that that's normal procedure.

If he'd been playing for the local pub, and taken to the nearest hospital, he would have been pronounced dead long before 2 hrs. If it's possible to do this in a young man, how wonderful. But how many other young men who this has happened to may possibly have been saved?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's marvellous news for him and his family, it's just got me wondering.

Suej
21-03-2012, 10:58
After Wikipedia announced his death rather prematurely, it is great news that he is making good progress, and we wish him well for his recovery.

On Saturday, they said he was not breathing on the pitch when they took him off after 10 mins, and that it took medics almost 2 hrs to get his heart beating on its own.

Now its absolutely great if he's going to make a full recovery from that, although I know it's early days. What I've been thinking though is that if he wasn't a premiership footballer, they wouldn't have worked on him for 2 hours, as I don't think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that that's normal procedure.

If he'd been playing for the local pub, and taken to the nearest hospital, he would have been pronounced dead long before 2 hrs. If it's possible to do this in a young man, how wonderful. But how many other young men who this has happened to may possibly have been saved?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's marvellous news for him and his family, it's just got me wondering.

We did think the same but what they say happened may not be totally accurate! it could be that his heart was starting and stopping? Can't trust what the Media say to be 100% correct! So pleased for Fabrice and his family! I feel sure he's gonna make it!

woolli
21-03-2012, 17:43

Sharon, first you pronounce him dead, now you are questioning whether or not he should have received the treatment he did!
Let the man recover, not his fault that hes a professional footballer. Im sure everyone is wishing him a full and speedy recovery, he deserves it after all he as been through on Saturday.

bonitatime
21-03-2012, 20:03
It is probable at his age he wouldn't have had the problem if he wasnt a profesional athlete
There have been two deaths of players in recent years in Spain and it is terribly sad when a young man dies like this.

Tom & Sharon
21-03-2012, 22:05
Sharon, first you pronounce him dead, now you are questioning whether or not he should have received the treatment he did!
Let the man recover, not his fault that hes a professional footballer. Im sure everyone is wishing him a full and speedy recovery, he deserves it after all he as been through on Saturday.

Please don't misinterpret what I said.

I think it's marvellous that he is making a miraculous recovery, and I am certainly not questioning the treatment he received.

It just got me thinking about other fit young men who have befallen the same fate and maybe didn't receive the same treatment for as long.

woolli
22-03-2012, 08:46
I didnt misinterpret what you said, thats what you did say! I think the reason he as managed to recover is that professional expertise was their straight away, where as this may not be the case with other you men in the same kind of circumstances. Im sure the medical professionals must have had some kind if incline that there was still hope of getting Fabrice breathing again, and im sure every individual case is different. I dont just necessarily think its preferential treatment because of who he his.

dekingio
30-03-2012, 16:23
latest on fabrice... shows him sitting up in bed & smiling. great to see!

chris
30-03-2012, 16:45
latest on fabrice... shows him sitting up in bed & smiling. great to see!

Here he is:

Suej
30-03-2012, 18:18
Awww! Thanks for posting the pic! He looks really well!:D

imablue
16-04-2012, 22:33
what great news ... good luck to the lad ....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16042012/58/premier-league-muamba-discharged-hospital.html

AL JAY
02-05-2012, 19:59
Nice to see Fabrice Muamba just then on Sky Sports coming onto the pitch prior to the Bolton vs Spurs game!!! He looked very emotional at the wonderful reception he got from the crowd!!!

Suej
02-05-2012, 20:54
Awww! had trouble getting the stream to work properly and missed that! Thanks for the info Al! X

imablue
03-08-2012, 20:12
Fall off a bike.. you just gorra get up and ride it again... good luck to this young fella .....
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/muamba-reveals-holiday-kickabout-070247015.html

imablue
15-08-2012, 19:42
Update .....http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bolton-midfielder-muamba-retires-123557091.html

warbey
15-08-2012, 20:29
Sad News, saw it on Telly earlier.

I think He will make something of Himself though.

He has something doesn't He.? as is well liked.

Good Luck to Him..

imablue
15-08-2012, 21:34
The Big problem for him (and any club) is the insurance side of the professional game... doubt if he could get any ...big big risk ....