PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum golfing information thread

YOUNG GOLFER
29-05-2011, 18:24
As this is a very popular place for golf thought a New thread about it would be a good start...

Just ask any question you like about the Fees,best Course to play,Golf Society to join.ect ect.

Vortex Wake
29-05-2011, 18:26
Where can I get left handed golf balls?

Harmonicaman
05-06-2011, 18:11
Can you get discount tickets for Abama?:)

YOUNG GOLFER
05-06-2011, 19:30
Can you get discount tickets for Abama?:)

I think the only way you can get a discount is if you and your golf society ask them but in the off season.

It workd for us 3yrs ago it cost 180€ but we were allowed to play it twice on the same day.

Guess if you don't ask you won't know.

A very expensive place to play and to me no golf course here in Tenerife is worth that sort of money.

Harmonicaman
05-06-2011, 19:51
I think the only way you can get a discount is if you and your golf society ask them but in the off season.

It workd for us 3yrs ago it cost 180€ but we were allowed to play it twice on the same day.

Guess if you don't ask you won't know.

A very expensive place to play and to me no golf course here in Tenerife is worth that sort of money.
I agree. I've played every course on the Island except that one. I think Beunavista del Norte was the most difficult though.

imablue
05-06-2011, 21:06
me too Cam... and i think Abama is taking the Michael ......i live 5 mins. from there and i never, ever hardly see anyone playing the course .. maybe thats how they want it to be ... shame really cos if they got their act together the place could be a gem ...with societies playing there every day of the week .... typical Canarian/Spanish thinking...dead loss...

dokgolf
02-07-2011, 21:15
Could anyone tell me how much it costs to play Buenavista del Norte? As far as I know, that course was designed by Seve and was voted the second best course in Europe.

doreen
02-07-2011, 21:19
Could anyone tell me how much it costs to play Buenavista del Norte? As far as I know, that course was designed by Seve and was voted the second best course in Europe.

Here you go http://www.buenavistagolf.es/index.asp?idioma=2

Click on prices ... 70€ for 18 holes

JillADavidson
28-07-2011, 12:46
Dokgolf, I promise that you will be very, very impressed by Buenavista, it is a fabulous course and holes that remind me of Pebble Beach. Well worth the drive.:hi:

Angusjim
28-07-2011, 13:15

Try the HOOKERS up beside Oro Blanca they may be able to help you

dokgolf
28-07-2011, 23:41
Dokgolf, I promise that you will be very, very impressed by Buenavista, it is a fabulous course and holes that remind me of Pebble Beach. Well worth the drive.:hi:

Next time I'm over I'm defo going to play. Cant wait!:woo:

lesbroz
19-09-2011, 19:13
As this is a very popular place for golf thought a New thread about it would be a good start...

Just ask any question you like about the Fees,best Course to play,Golf Society to join.ect ect.

Here is my question...........Where is the best place on the island to buy Ladies Golf Clubs?

Santiago
19-09-2011, 19:45

From the same place you get left handed tees!!!!! :hole:

Ahto
20-09-2011, 10:07
Greetings,

how much are the green fees in north of tenerife on average base and what are they inclusive of? Range balls, cart, sauna etc?
Im talking about time gap of February to April.

thanks

bonitatime
20-09-2011, 10:13
http://tapatalk.com/mu/501b644e-58a3-9f62.jpg
Found this in the paper. Golf tournament in Playa de las Americas golf with gala dinner and prizes 75 euros
Contact number is 922752005 PDLA golf.

imablue
20-09-2011, 11:34
Ahto...
See link in post number 8...
they did have €40 incl. buggy 18 holes as a special on Wednesdays but thats for residents....so if you have NIE Number you may be lucky in April...

JillADavidson
24-10-2011, 13:59
Just back from Tenerife after a fabulous holiday, most of it spent on the golf courses - we played Amarilla, Golf del Sur, Adeje, Las Americas, Buanavista del Norte and Tecina on La Gomera. Golf del Sur had the best greens in our opinion, and Tecina the trickiest (the law of gravity seems to work differently in La Gomera).
For anyone not in the know, there are packages of green fee plus ferry ticket for golfers visiting Tecina, either with or without a car. It is a super day out and the golf course is incredibly beautiful.
We had just one negative experience, and that was at Adeje, a shame because it is a great place. We were sent out as a 4-ball following a 2-ball and then being followed by another 2-ball.
One of the marshalls spoke to us twice about alleged slow play, the second time (after we had invitited the people following us to play through, they declined) with a bad attitude which really infuriated our playing partners.
We had lost a little time on the 2-ball in front, but there were 4 of us - all experienced golfers - and in buggies our game took us a not unreasonable 4 hours 27 mins.
I think the Adeje management must decide if, at each tee time, they would prefer to receive 2 green fees for a 4 hour round (the target time), or 4 green fees for a 4.5 hour round. They can't have it both ways.
But it is still a great golf course.

philiprambo
21-12-2011, 09:10
Its really a good one.Thanks a lot for sharing.Keep it up.

redhornet87
29-12-2011, 19:13
Hi all coming over to your wonderful island again in April, thought I might try your wonderful looking golf courses this time round. The thing is I am not a great player and was considering a 9 hole course, can anyone inform me of any suitable courses and fees, buggies, club hire etc that are available as close to the Parque de la paz as possible.Thanks in advance

imablue
29-12-2011, 19:40
take a look here ....
http://www.webtenerifeuk.co.uk/Actividades/Deportes/golf/campos-de-golf/GOLF+COSTA+ADEJE.htm?Lang=en

Added after 7 minutes:

and here ....
http://www.golflasamericas.com/

golgie
30-12-2011, 19:32
The Irish Fiddler Temple Bar are holding there annual Golf tournament 4th an 5th January at golf Americas this year, The singer Daniel O Donnell is the captain. Just a few places left. All money made on the day goes to charity. Inq. 922716292.

fesdie
19-01-2012, 11:26
Hi

Moving out to tenerife in July and just wondered if any golf courses do annual membership in the south. If so do you have any idea what the fees are?

imablue
19-01-2012, 11:58
your best bet would be to join a society...most, if not all of the courses don,t do annual memberships,as far as i know.
the societies can get reduced green fees....

telgolf
19-01-2012, 15:41
Golf de Sur do have annual membership available - its around 3K Euro a year - best to check with them direct

imablue
19-01-2012, 22:58
why pay 3K a year..(57€ per week)? just to play one course... joining a society has got to be the better option...

fesdie
19-01-2012, 23:22
My thoughts exactly! Any info on organisations?
Thanks

imablue
20-01-2012, 12:53
probably worthwhile having a meander around the various courses of a weekend,thats when most of the societies play and you could make enquiries at the clubhouse(s) ...

telgolf
20-01-2012, 13:10
why pay 3K a year..(57€ per week)? just to play one course... joining a society has got to be the better option...
Just to clarify I wasn't suggesting fesdie joins a club simply providing information in response to his question but having said that I don't agree with you about a society necessarily being the better option. The decision rests on how often somebody wishes to play, as a member you can play as often as you wish - I would guess most members play at least three times a week which bring cost down to under 20euro a round. Societies simply provide another competitive environment - you still have to pay a green fee and a lot (most societies) would still be based at one club. Joining a club does not prevent you playing at other courses and in fact a number of clubs including GDS have matches against the other clubs in the area. Hope his is useful info.

imablue
20-01-2012, 13:37
Point taken Telgolf, i was just giving another option for Fesdie to consider ....
for herself ...

fesdie
20-01-2012, 13:56
thank you to all for useful comments, much appreciated.

fesdie
24-07-2012, 23:25
Hi, I am trying to establish what the costs would be for my 10 year old son to play on the golf courses in Tenerife south without much success, am getting lots of conflicting information. Does anyone have any idea of costs per course? Thanks in advance.

junglejim
25-07-2012, 08:43
Hi, I am trying to establish what the costs would be for my 10 year old son to play on the golf courses in Tenerife south without much success, am getting lots of conflicting information. Does anyone have any idea of costs per course? Thanks in advance.
Los Lagos at Adeje is a nice 9 hole, not too long course but it's price list shows juniors as up to 16 - might be worth phoningor email to confirm.
http://www.golfcostaadeje.com/en_tarifas_verano.php

Also Golf del Sur
http://www.golfdelsur.net/

fesdie
25-07-2012, 09:22
Thanks, will ring them now and make my boy happy!!

conandina
26-07-2012, 00:12
Hi all,

We will be retiring to Tenerife within the next year. We both play golf. We currently pay less than £300 per year to play our current course in Scotland. We realise that we will have to pay a lot more in Tenerife but ideally we'd like to be able to play between 2 and 4 games per week. I see from the thread above that it is probably possible to join as a member at Golf Del Sur. Does anybody know if, for example, Las Americas does similar or Adeje? Does anybody (Young Golfer or Tengolf maybe) have experience of being a member and how does it compare with being a member of a club in this country (restrictions etc)? Societies are mentioned above so could anybody explain how they work because for us it is about finding a slightly cheaper way of playing than paying the frankly extortionate 90Euros a game in the winter.
Any advice gratefully accepted.

junglejim
26-07-2012, 07:57
I have friend who pays a season ticket at Adeje for around €3000 a year! he plays several games a week , so he gets value from it . I stopped playing regularly a couple of years ago as I couldn't justify the cost .
I was a Colonial" member in my club back home at £80 p.a. so I could play when I went home to visit and it kept my membership.

telgolf
26-07-2012, 10:52
Annual membership at GDS is similar to that mentioned for Adeje - though I believe there are discounts for husband and wife membership - its a lot more than you are paying now but golf in Scotland is comparatively cheap when compared with golf in London for example. Whether its worth joining depends on the amount you play - unlike the UK you can play all year round - 4 games a week equates to 15euro (£12) a round. GDS has a very active members section both men and women and different competitions throughout the week, both men and ladies section also have competitions against other clubs, away days and social events. Hope this is helpful.

conandina
26-07-2012, 11:24
Thanks telgolf,
That's helpful and yes we realise we are spoiled where we are just now and we have no illusions that we could play for the same amount! Playing in almost guaranteed good weather is worth it though, although my other half does play at least 2x week throughout the year but being wrapped up as if going on a trek to the North Pole to play doesn't appeal to me! lol

telgolf
26-07-2012, 11:41
Let me know when you come over and can meet up for a game.

conandina
26-07-2012, 20:32
That's very kind of you telgolf. We will do. Thanks.

lesbroz
26-07-2012, 23:28
Does anyone know if any of the courses do a season ticket just for the winter months?

YOUNG GOLFER
27-07-2012, 00:04
The winter months are very busy here and all the courses make alot of money......so i don't think so.

miguel
27-07-2012, 00:57
Hi, I know nothing about golf but have friends coming over in Sept who would like to find out anything you may know about golf club hire prices. Thanks. Miguel.

junglejim
27-07-2012, 06:33
Does anyone know if any of the courses do a season ticket just for the winter months?
You can buy a Bono ticket for several games that will give you a discount .

JillADavidson
24-08-2012, 13:06
Hi, we are coming out to the island for our regular golfing holiday in the middle of September.
We know about the Ladies' Tenerife Open at Golf Las Americas, so no doubt that course will be in fabulous condition. But I'd be grateful to know how the other courses are playing - are there any problems that we should be aware of, please?
Also, is the road via Masca to Buenavista open following the terrible fires?

PS Can't wait:hello:

JillADavidson
02-10-2012, 22:07
Me again. Thought I might as well give you my thoughts - arrived home this morning after a fabulous golfing holiday. The high point had to be Buenavista on Sunday - Seve's course - how appropriate when "his" team went on to polish off USA that evening (nb: for anyone in Golf del Sur, the Wild Geese is THE place to watch golf, especially the Ryder Cup. My ears are still ringing!).

Anyway, Buenavista was wonderful, it is our favourite course and never disappoints.
Tecina (on La Gomera) was slightly yellow in places on the fairways, but this did not detract from our enjoyment, it is an incredibly beautiful place.
Adeje was in good condition as always, but ehy do they always insist on making everyone up into 4-balls, even when the course is very quiet?
Amarilla's fairways were very brown (they were limited to watering tees & greens at the time of the fires), but it plays so much better than it looks, a great venue for social golf.
But what is going on at Golf del Sur? The members' green fees are nortoriously high, and it is popular with visitors, so where does all the money go? We used to love it, but we have seen the overall presentation of the courses deteriorate over the last two or three years and I have to say that we were disappointed this year, to the point where we might just skip it next time.

Northern Monkey
09-10-2012, 11:55
I live in the next village to Buenavista golf and I have to say it is brilliant. Tough when the wind blows though! I just wish that they would sort their prices out, Next week is the start of the winter season and it is going to be over 60 euros for a resident and over 90 for non residents for 18 holes. Something needs to be done on all the courses in Tenerife as golf is simply not competitive against some of the deals in other destinations. I also think they could make it more accessible for youngsters.

seaswimmer13
04-05-2013, 15:19
Thanks for the information. I will visit but for that price like most courses in tenerife cost for a couple of rounds a week is out of this world.
I am a 9 handicap and brought my clubs to the island looking forward to playing. Not played a round since coming here in Nov.
I THINK THAT I MAY HAVE TO SETTLE IN MAINLAND SPAIN TO GET CHEAPER REGULAR ROUNDS OF GOLF.
Prices should be reduced for regular players like me.

LeFrunk
04-05-2013, 23:12
I play Costa Adeje , a recommendation from YG , as I only play twice a year I think its great value but if I lived there then I would consider other courses as I would like to play more often . In saying that , Adeje course is fantastic , Mick the main man keeps things running on time and always a warm welcome . Hard to beat . Just a last word on the subject , I have looked on Ryanairs site to take my clubs over but the price only seems to be for return , I want to leave my clubs at my apt so as not having to hire them at the course , anyone noticed this on their site ? , many thanks.

kiwiphil
05-05-2013, 00:16
I play Costa Adeje , a recommendation from YG , as I only play twice a year I think its great value but if I lived there then I would consider other courses as I would like to play more often . In saying that , Adeje course is fantastic , Mick the main man keeps things running on time and always a warm welcome . Hard to beat . Just a last word on the subject , I have looked on Ryanairs site to take my clubs over but the price only seems to be for return , I want to leave my clubs at my apt so as not having to hire them at the course , anyone noticed this on their site ? , many thanks.

I don't use Ryanair but when wanting to book something like this on Easyjet I always call and they do it for me, no extra cost, as they know the website is limited in some ways.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the information. I will visit but for that price like most courses in tenerife cost for a couple of rounds a week is out of this world.
I am a 9 handicap and brought my clubs to the island looking forward to playing. Not played a round since coming here in Nov.
I THINK THAT I MAY HAVE TO SETTLE IN MAINLAND SPAIN TO GET CHEAPER REGULAR ROUNDS OF GOLF.
Prices should be reduced for regular players like me.

Everything is supply and demand. The courses are packed in the winter therefore the prices are not too expensive. But in summer they are much more reasonable.

I was speaking to an Amarilla regular today and he said they get rounds for 35e in the summer there. He is a resident and is also a member of "Amarilla amigos" (I think). Winter prices are almost double. Though Amarilla pitch and put is very reasonable for annual membership 160e and is actually quite good, . Great for short game practice. Not the real thing I know, but alot more fun than the practice green.

seaswimmer13
05-05-2013, 11:26
I don't use Ryanair but when wanting to book something like this on Easyjet I always call and they do it for me, no extra cost, as they know the website is limited in some ways.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Everything is supply and demand. The courses are packed in the winter therefore the prices are not too expensive. But in summer they are much more reasonable.

I was speaking to an Amarilla regular today and he said they get rounds for 35e in the summer there. He is a resident and is also a member of "Amarilla amigos" (I think). Winter prices are almost double. Though Amarilla pitch and put is very reasonable for annual membership 160e and is actually quite good, . Great for short game practice. Not the real thing I know, but alot more fun than the practice green.

hi, thanks for that .However you did say he was a resident therefore he would be entitled to pref fees.But i will pay a visit.
AS far as the gentleman regarding transporting his clubs from uk to tenerife, thomson did one way for mine for £7.50 in 2012.