PDA

View Full Version : Barbeque restaurant recommendations urgently needed!

Topacciolo
18-03-2012, 19:54
I guys, I would like to bring couple of friend to have some meat tonight but I can't choose where to go. We all like food and we need a good quality and a decent quantity of it to feel satisfy!!!
Let me know any good place pls!!! Thanks

Topacciolo

chris
18-03-2012, 20:00
I guys, I would like to bring couple of friend to have some meat tonight but I can't choose where to go. We all like food and we need a good quality and a decent quantity of it to feel satisfy!!!
Let me know any good place pls!!! Thanks

Topacciolo

Rodeo in Fanabe great meal about 18 euros per person

Check the link out:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g230096-d1006238-Reviews-Rodeo

Topacciolo
18-03-2012, 20:56
Sounds great!!! I will go tonight and let you know after!!!
Thanks

Topacciolo

atlantico
18-03-2012, 21:13
Rodeo is the last place on this planet i'd take friends to

http://www.mesoncastellano.com/ is the only place worth going to - to impress (beware of the queue outside if you haven't booked)

tonypub
18-03-2012, 21:14
rodeo is fab

atlantico
18-03-2012, 21:16
Rodeo is an over-price factory/works canteen.

tonypub
18-03-2012, 21:17
rodeo is fab .

marbro8
18-03-2012, 21:53
rodeo is fab .did you mean to say that twice tony as to make a point or are you going senile:D

Added after 3 minutes:

Rodeo is the last place on this planet i'd take friends to

http://www.mesoncastellano.com/ is the only place worth going to - to impress (beware of the queue outside if you haven't booked)just clicked on link mate but for some reason will not translate into english?

CIM
18-03-2012, 22:02
Havent been to Rodeo but Meson Castellano is excellent.- Very good quality food.
Also El Cordero just past Guargacho on the way towards Las Chafiras - here on the map: http://g.co/maps/vfsv3
Real meat eaters place, always busy - especially so at the weekend. Can be done on a budget as well if you go for the mixed grills at 12€ each and two of these are enough for 3 people. Worth trying the steaks if you have the funds to spare.

atlantico
18-03-2012, 22:04
El Cordero is the 2nd best meat feast place !

http://www.mesoncastellano.com/ works A OK for me . . .ah , correct, no translation until you click Menu links on left !

chris
18-03-2012, 22:11
Havent been to Rodeo but Meson Castellano is excellent.- Very good quality food.
Also El Cordero just past Guargacho on the way towards Las Chafiras - here on the map: http://g.co/maps/vfsv3
Real meat eaters place, always busy - especially so at the weekend. Can be done on a budget as well if you go for the mixed grills at 12€ each and two of these are enough for 3 people. Worth trying the steaks if you have the funds to spare.

I'll give it a miss then:lol:

Jelly Baby
18-03-2012, 22:43
Rodeo has zero atmosphere. The lighting is really bright and it can be really noisy. Also, the meat is really salty which of course will have you heading for the drinks menu.

I think also it is now around 17 or 18 euros a head and that doesn΄t include dessert.

tonypub
18-03-2012, 22:48
rodeos fab

marbro8
18-03-2012, 22:53
Rodeo has zero atmosphere. The lighting is really bright and it can be really noisy. Also, the meat is really salty which of course will have you heading for the drinks menu.

I think also it is now around 17 or 18 euros a head and that doesn't include dessert.we walked there one wednesday from the el mirador strip, it took us about 90 mins and when we got there they were closed:doh: but we did get to walk down Beirut road lol

Jelly Baby
18-03-2012, 22:58
we walked there one wednesday from the el mirador strip, it took us about 90 mins and when we got there they were closed:doh: but we did get to walk down Beirut road lol

You had a lucky escape! :yum:

timmylish
18-03-2012, 23:02
Rodeo is a zero budget, all inclusive type, eat all the ...te you can throw up "restaurant". Don,t go yourself never mind friends, if you want to see them again, that is! The lighting is brighter than Wembley stadium!

Tom & Sharon
18-03-2012, 23:12

El Cordero for us as well.

As CIM said mixed grill 12€ is huge. Pork chops are ridiculously cheap at 5€ for two really good sized ones, half a chicken 4€ and a T Bone steak to die for 15€.

Best of all the house wine is 6€ a litre and drinkable..........:cheers2::drunks2::drinking::wi ne:

marbro8
18-03-2012, 23:21
You had a lucky escape! :yum:you are right because we went on to have a look at the new houses at fanabe oasis and they wanted 500,000 euros for a rabbit hutch:wow:

Simon-M
19-03-2012, 10:06
you are right because we went on to have a look at the new houses at fanabe oasis and they wanted 500,000 euros for a rabbit hutch:wow:

Oh dear. Wrong side of the highway too :(

Rodeo is a good place. The meat is salty. Yes, it's bright in there. The salad bar is amazing. It is what it is :)

bonitatime
19-03-2012, 10:29
I am with Tony Rodeo is Fab
The meat is great and the salads are the best i have seen on the island. I wouldn't go for a romantic meal but with friends we can make our own atmosphere

atlantico
19-03-2012, 12:34
El Cordero for us as well.

As CIM said mixed grill 12€ is huge. Pork chops are ridiculously cheap at 5€ for two really good sized ones, half a chicken 4€ and a T Bone steak to die for 15€.

Best of all the house wine is 6€ a litre and drinkable..........:cheers2::drunks2::drinking::wi ne:

Thats done it . . . . going there again tonight with friends . . . . having the mixed grill + pork chops + T bone + lamb leg + 2 litres house wine . . . . and thats just me !

Tom & Sharon
19-03-2012, 14:59
Thats done it . . . . going there again tonight with friends . . . . having the mixed grill + pork chops + T bone + lamb leg + 2 litres house wine . . . . and thats just me !

It's closed on Mondays isn't it?

Ian_N
19-03-2012, 15:13
New one to try is El Brasero in Las Chafiras similar to Rodeo but meat is cooked for the table e.g if there are 3 of you they cook 3 sausages etc.
Its 12 euro for adults and 6 euro for kids, i really enjoyed it the staff were very good and the drinks were very reasonable.

atlantico
19-03-2012, 17:10
It's closed on Mondays isn't it?

thanks, didn't know - that saved a walk - think i'll go to Rodeo instead . . . . . . NOT !

New one to try is El Brasero in Las Chafiras similar to Rodeo but meat is cooked for the table e.g if there are 3 of you they cook 3 sausages etc.
Its 12 euro for adults and 6 euro for kids, i really enjoyed it the staff were very good and the drinks were very reasonable.

where about is it ?

CIM
19-03-2012, 17:15
Near Barclays bank just off the Las Chafiras roundabout. I have been aswell. I thought it was pretty good for the price.

Topacciolo
20-03-2012, 18:26
Hi, I went to rodeo (I will try the other two mention earlier next time I got to Tenerife) and it was very good quality meat !!!! 3 of us, spent €90 with wine water, beers and 3 desserts.
It's bright and yes I wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner but €30 per head there are much better then €20 on a Stack House where it's all average and frozen!!! Salads are fab and meat it's great, maybe a bit salty but beer is not overpriced and they serve it very cold that helps to enjoy it!!!
If I get to Tenerife again with some hungry friend I will definitely go back!!!
Thanks again everyone for sharing your point of views, we didn't know where to go and 10min after I posted on the forum I had plenty choices!!!
Super useful as usual!!!

Topacciolo

tonypub
20-03-2012, 20:43
Hi, I went to rodeo (I will try the other two mention earlier next time I got to Tenerife) and it was very good quality meat !!!! 3 of us, spent €90 with wine water, beers and 3 desserts.
It's bright and yes I wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner but €30 per head there are much better then €20 on a Stack House where it's all average and frozen!!! Salads are fab and meat it's great, maybe a bit salty but beer is not overpriced and they serve it very cold that helps to enjoy it!!!
If I get to Tenerife again with some hungry friend I will definitely go back!!!
Thanks again everyone for sharing your point of views, we didn't know where to go and 10min after I posted on the forum I had plenty choices!!!
Super useful as usual!!!

Topaccioloknew youd enjoy it;)

angiebabe
21-03-2012, 09:26
Could you catch the Los Silencio bus to this restaurant, I have a feeling it's on the road just past the Palm Mar turn off.

atlantico
21-03-2012, 11:33
no, its on the road out of Silencio, not near Palm Mar turn off, towards the motorway past Guaragacho , and yes, the bus to Santa Cruz goes past but may be a fair walk from nearest bus stop

golf birdie
21-03-2012, 11:37
once you've been to El Cordero you won't go back to Rodeo by choice;)

atlantico
21-03-2012, 11:59
once you've had a Double Whopper from Burger King, you won't go back to Rodeo !!

atlantico
25-03-2012, 17:30
OK, an update, El Cordero in Guargacho. 3 of us, 1 mixed lamb grill, one mixed meat (chicken/steak/pork), canarian potatoes, chips, litre house wine, 3 beers, 2 coffees, couldn't eat it all - and we're 'guts aches' !! €39 in total ! WOW !!

Topacciolo
25-03-2012, 20:38
Will definitely try it in June!!!

Topacciolo