PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 25th March Leganes vs CD Tenerife

Fred Perry
19-03-2012, 22:19
SUNDAY 25TH MARCH

CD Leganes VS CD Tenerife
Kick off 11am

Live on TV Canaria

A few Armada Sur going to this one located in the suburbs of Madrid. I have been toying with the idea myself but with my *away record following Tenerife, itīs probably better that I didīnt and we need the points.

*I make it just three wins out of 32 away games.rolleyes2:

bonitatime
22-03-2012, 12:02
There are resident tickets available with the club/team return for 90 euros but they need to know by 1pm you can ring them on 922298100 or me in the shop on 922241576

FinnKris
25-03-2012, 11:49
1-0 the half time score to the home side CD Leganes.

Very very poor half by CDT, surprisingly shakey in defense & next to nothing going forward. Alarmingly we can't seem to create anything worth of note from open play, what little we have comes from set pieces.

Added after 12 minutes:

Hard to see where the required goal(s) will come from currently, Kiko Raton more likely to get a second yellow than to score, neither Ferran Tacon on the left nor Kike Lopez on the right flank contributing anything of substance so I'm hoping for a moment or two of inspiration from Luismi Loro, the only attacker to look remotely threatening at the moment.

For some reason our top scorer Perona isn't even on the bench today (injured?) so only Aridane there as an option. Hopefully he can make a difference if and when he comes on, I'd swap Ferran Tacon (or Kike L) for Victor Bravo at the break, V Bravo might be able to dribble his way past the very solid Leganes defense as especially Ferran Tacon has failed at that time and again.

Fred Perry
25-03-2012, 12:02
Terrible first half. Leganes outplaying us. It can only get better (I think) in the 2nd half. I would definetly settle for a draw as it stands.

FinnKris
25-03-2012, 13:02
2-0 Final Score...

Second half as bad if not even worse as first, that early goal second half worst possibly beginning & Loro's stupid second yellow killed whatever hope there was of a come back.

Fred Perry
25-03-2012, 13:04
This really could have not been much worse. Not only did we lose (and didīnt look like scoring until the last 5 mins when we hit the bar,and had a few headers) but for the next game we are without practically our entire midfield. Loro(sent off on 70 mins), Kike, Zaso have accumalated 5 yellows all miss. This adds to the injuries to Kitoko and Chechu(both out for another month).

IF there were any plus points?ŋ; I thought Zaso played well and Victor Bravo when he came on.
Also 80 odd Tenerife fans were in the stadium. This club does not deserve support like this sometimes.

Worse still, Rayo B chasing scored a late winner (87th min) to win away.
Real Oviedo play Albacete later, we really really need an Albacete win or a draw not too bad.

Itīs gonna be a rocky week at CDT HQ but a win next week will change everything. It makes it a must must win game.

FinnKris
25-03-2012, 13:17
Really really bad performance overall by CDT. As a one off not that disastrous (bad away days happen after all), but on the back of the loss at home to lowly SS Reyes quite worrying this trend especially as we can't seem to create anything from open play. And all of a sudden Rayo B (who won away) are back in the chase for a play off spot after they seemed out of it.

Regardless of what happens elsewhere later today, next week's home game vs Toledo is a must win now. We will have to manage without Luismi Loro (bad loss even if he has gone slightly off boil after the impressive start since signing on in January). Kike Lopez also suspended I think (5th yellow), but as he is actually quite rubbish in my opinion, just as well. Of the new signings in January Kike L is the only one who has failed to deliver, he is quick & seemingly technically skilled but his final ball & decision making is just not there (he reminds me somewhat of former Sevilla player Diego Capel in that regard).

Surely Perona will start now (assuming he is fit) & hopefully Victor Bravo (who I admittingly have a soft spot for) did enough to earn a starting place as well given all the absentees next game.

(didn't see 'Fred Perry's post above until already writing mine)

Really bad news about Chechu Flores being injured, was wondering why he wasn't in the squad for this game. He has been quite useful on the right hand side for us, especially in tandem with the normally solid Cristobal (he had a poor game today) putting in decent crossing & providing an outlet on the right.

Didn't realize Zazo will be suspended as well, really unfortunate that given all the other midfield absentees, we are going to be short in numbers for the Toledo game now.

bonitatime
25-03-2012, 17:37
It was one of the most difficult games I have seen and it reminded me very much of last year
The Coach aparently said we need to look forward to next season which some I talked to interpreted as "Lets give up on this year". I haven't seen this but it came from a source I would regard as reliable.
It is very unusual for me to be down but today was not a good game
La Opinion promises to tell all tomorrow
We will be missing a lot of players on Sunday and therefore more support will be needed in the Stadium

www.soydeltete.es

henry
25-03-2012, 20:21
yeah i seen the game from last week and today. now i support tenerife thru and thru. but from last week and today why on earth sergio have to come alllll the way out of the goal post.razak for the two weeks he played he stand by the goal post and actally block some good shots as well. yes sergio block (some) shots but why he have to come way out of his post. i donīt know?? maybe he saw a butterfly and want to get it as a pet. or maybe he saw himshelf in the clouds and want to follow it. thatīs just me and my option. i saw the first goal sergio went way out saying ohhh!!! me get ball and wham goal!!! and he just look on and said duh!!! yes as you can read iīm just a little upset with sergio coming all the way out of the goal post!! i wanna said iīm sorry for all the tenerife fans here of me talking bout sergio but you know me i called it as i see it... i bet you guys sergio will do the same thing this coming sunday go alllllll the way out of the post. sergio is a good goalie donīt get me wrong. but please answer why he allways come way out of the goalie post. sure like to know? let see if tenerife can pick up this sunday and win...

Fred Perry
25-03-2012, 22:10
Manager Tebar has delivered some home truths at a post match conference, saying that if he was the President of CDT and the team did not finish top four (and therefore in play-offs) he would not pay them and he would sack them all. This has gone down very badly amongst the players. He has not said anything about "look forward to next season", not heard that. Despite the last two poor results everyone needs to calm down, I mean this time last week we were 2nd and just 4 points behind the leader. Just 7 days ago!!

Looking at fan forums 99% of the supporters are with the manager and blame players for the relaxation at apparent "easier" games.

henry; I think you really have blown your chance of getting a drink from Bonitatime before or after a match.

bonitatime
26-03-2012, 09:05
If you dont have a shot at goal until the 92nd minute you don't have much chance to win what ever your keeper does Henry. Hopefully i will find you this weekend.

Anyone who saw the game on TV
Was Luismi's hand ball as bad as it seemed from the stand? I have yet to watch the highlights and was interested what others thought
The journalists comments on Twitter are dire
The players have 2 days off so lets see how things go on Wednesday. We are so close to the play-offs. They just need to pull together

www.soydeltete.es

Fred Perry
26-03-2012, 11:11
Regards the handball of Luismi Loro; yes, it was as bad on tv. It was one of the handballs that spotty little kids used to do in the playground, jumpers for goalposts, it was blantant. His only defence is that what should have been a deft touch header back to him by Kiko Raton ended up as a bullet header.

Davethepubsinger
27-03-2012, 12:19
I was in the (fortunate ) position of seeing part of the match at CD Marino's ground. After watching Leganes second goal the Marino game kicked off. It was great to see flowing football, incisive runs and accurate passing for a change. The 5-0 result was fully deserved with the english lad Jordan making 3 of the goals before scoring the 4th.

For anyone interested, Marino are in the final of the Heliodoro cup for the second year running and the club are running a coach and ticket entry to the match for FREE! The game is on Tuesday May 1st coaches leaving at 10.00am for a midday kick-off. I was the only Brit there last year, it will be interesting to see if anyone else joins me this year.

Fred Perry
27-03-2012, 13:18
Fair play to CD Marino they are having a good season. Thing is do they really want to be promoted? It nearly bankrupt them last time it happened (and that was when there was plenty of money about mid-nineties). Other times they have made the play-offs and half "on purpose" blown it.
Their support wavers from 80 to 200 spectators at best, not good enough for a higher level.

The example of San Isidro shows that crowds will not necesarily rise if they do get promoted to 2nd B. Prices went up and results were worse. Infact crowds went down because of those two factors and San Isidro practically folded a few years ago.