PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Number 1 FORUM in Tenerife?

Simon-M
20-03-2012, 16:10
So, who is the liar :)2665

stevem
20-03-2012, 16:45
I don't think you'll get many replies to this one:goodluck: (Don't put too much faith in Google results either ;) )

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 16:48
I don't think you'll get many replies to this one:goodluck: (Don't put too much faith in Google results either ;) )

Well there's a 50 50 chance:D

Santiago
20-03-2012, 16:50
We are the bestest of the best!!!!!

:fireworks::fireworks:

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 16:56
the greatest of the great

Santiago
20-03-2012, 16:59
With the punniest of the puns!!

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 17:03
With the Dungeon - que mas puedo decir !:D

Suej
20-03-2012, 17:21
Numero Uno! :bowdown:

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 17:28
La P ............. oh no better not :D

La Creme de la creme

Balcony
20-03-2012, 17:30
To The or not to the, that is the question.
Whether it's nobler in the bar to suffer
The words and thoughts of upset Tenerifans
Or to speak for our sea of troubles
And by choosing go quiet and sleep

Oh fiddle, faddle Shakey takes too long......so, it's whatever rocks your boat!

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 17:34
To The or not to the, that is the question.
Whether it's nobler in the bar to suffer
The words and thoughts of upset Tenerifans
Or to speak for our sea of troubles
And by choosing go quiet and sleep

Oh fiddle, faddle Shakey takes too long......so, it's whatever rocks your boat!

Suffer the slings and arrows - and all that

was he talking Darts by any chance ??

anyone for a game ?

Medman
20-03-2012, 17:42

anyone for a game ?

Do you get anything for 3 in a bed ?

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 17:44
Do you get anything for 3 in a bed ?

cramp ?...

Santiago
20-03-2012, 17:47
One drunkard and Katie?

stevem
20-03-2012, 17:51
Ok ok a few replies..................:raspberry:

Malteser Monkey
20-03-2012, 17:54

this is why we are the bestest:raspberry2: right back atcha :D

Santiago
20-03-2012, 17:55

Give it 'til midnight and you'll end up joining us!!

moonlighter
20-03-2012, 18:01
Does it really matter???

Why does this get dragged up every 5 minutes?

There are 2 forums (at least), both bigger than the other in different ways,

get over it.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz:

Medman
20-03-2012, 18:09
Does it really matter???

get over it.

Ooo beware of flying dummies ... :dummy:

Does it really matter if it doesn't really matter to you ? ...........NO :bootyshake:

BobMac
20-03-2012, 18:32

There will be a lot of replies - agree about Google results though - it tends to start by sorting results alphabetically and TE comes before TH

stevem
20-03-2012, 18:34
Give it 'til midnight and you'll end up joining us!!

I've been around since 2005 so believe me when I say, I know how these threads go...................:lol:

Added after 2 minutes:

You're right, I forgot about the amount of spam consumed :laugh: But yes, Google has the strangest ways of sorting its results.

BobMac
20-03-2012, 18:36
Does it really matter???

get over it.

Like a lot of people on this forum, I'm also a member of the other forum.

Which forum is best ??

That actually depends on what information you are looking for.

stevem
20-03-2012, 18:38
Like a lot of people on this forum, I'm also a member of the other forum.

Which forum is best ??

That actually depends on what information you are looking for. And where your mates are! :)

caroletenerife
20-03-2012, 19:03

anyone for a game ?
and in the words of another great poet!!!! Billy connolly

The internet if full of people that no one will talk if they were to go into a pub:D

Balcony
20-03-2012, 19:07
I wouldn't mind that so long as they turn off the TV and the radio, or worse two TVs and radio! Can't hear yourself drink!!!

The internet if full of people that no one will talk if they were to go into a pub:D

caroletenerife
20-03-2012, 19:11
i think all pubs should discuss the illegal letting thread at closing time, that would be sure to clear the place, record speed x

CIM
20-03-2012, 20:00
There will be a lot of replies - agree about Google results though - it tends to start by sorting results alphabetically and TE comes before TH

Thats not actually true... :)
at all, in any way....

Suej
20-03-2012, 20:15

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:...........

at all, in any way....

I just Googled Forums for Tenerife! TF still had number one slot!:wink2:

BobMac
20-03-2012, 20:38
at all, in any way....

It starts out alphabetically the first time you use Google and then as you browse it customises what you get according to what you have been browsing - the more you browse with Google the more customised the results become.

If you are more likely to use this forum ( or only use this forum ) then this forum will appear near the top of your searches.

This is part of Googles new customer conditions which have got it into hot water with the EU - they track everything you do as you move around the web and store the data so that they can customise your search results to reflect the historical data they hold.

slodgedad
20-03-2012, 21:27
I can't understand why so many people are obsessed with who is the best

All the Fora in Tenerife are different to an extent so you use the one that suits you.

I have tried them all and this is my particular favourite as I like the way it's laid out, but that is a persona thing.

It isn't a competition

Muppet
20-03-2012, 22:18
This thread is a classic example of why this forum may have more posts - 3 pages (so far) of absolute drivel - with absolutely no point and on am extremely tired an uninteresting subject.

There are two forums (and a couple of others alongside)

Get used to it and get over it

slodgedad
20-03-2012, 22:31
This thread is a classic example of why this forum may have more posts - 3 pages (so far) of absolute drivel - with absolutely no point and on am extremely tired an uninteresting subject.

There are two forums (and a couple of others alongside)

Get used to it and get over it

Every Forum has to have chat threads which is why certain topics are moved.

If you are looking for serious information you don't want to wade through 'drivel' but if it's in 'Chat' then you expect it.

cainaries
20-03-2012, 22:33
More rabbit than Sainsburys.
The Cat's Whiskers
The Dog's ********
The creme de la creme

And I don't go to The Other Place which is probably why I'm so biased.

Jelly Baby
20-03-2012, 23:01
Groan.... here we go again. Does it really, really matter?

In all fairness to the other forum this thread would have been closed by now. They very quickly stop forum bashing.

Join one, join both; there is helpful and useful information on both, nice people on both.

It's a small island folks... and with the economy the way it is it would be nice to think that people would pull together as much as they can....

slodgedad
20-03-2012, 23:11
Groan.... here we go again. Does it really, really matter?

In all fairness to the other forum this thread would have been closed by now. They very quickly stop forum bashing.

Join one, join both; there is helpful and useful information on both, nice people on both.

It's a small island folks... and with the economy the way it is it would be nice to think that people would pull together as much as they can....

????????????????????? Just a chat.

Jelly Baby
20-03-2012, 23:13
????????????????????? Just a chat.

Can you elaborate?

slodgedad
20-03-2012, 23:19
Yes, it's a chat thread, as opposed to a serious thread, so drivel is expected.

The one thing I like about here is that every thread doesn't denigrate to drivel.

If a member wants to chat it doesn't interfere with the serious threads.

Nothing worse than trying find something serious with the search facility only to be faced with pages of crap

Jelly Baby
20-03-2012, 23:27
Unfortunately threads like this usually do deteriorate and at the end of the day I am not sure what purpose they serve.

cainaries
20-03-2012, 23:29
Unfortunately threads like this usually do deteriorate and at the end of the day I am not sure what purpose they serve.
Do they have to serve a purpose? Chatting with friends is pleasant but doesn't always serve a purpose.

slodgedad
20-03-2012, 23:43
Do they have to serve a purpose? Chatting with friends is pleasant but doesn't always serve a purpose.

Exactly. The Forum prides itself in separating chat from serious.

Some members consider this as over modding but, personally, I think the balance is just about right.

It's nice to come on to a Forum and find what you're looking for, whatever it may be.

Santiago
20-03-2012, 23:51
As a change from Google I have just Yahoo'd Forums Tenerife and look what I got:

Tenerife Forum
The BIGGEST online community chat forum and information travel guide for tourists visiting and residents living in or moving to Tenerife
tenerifeforum.org - Cached

Tenerife Forum, Travel Discussion for Tenerife - TripAdvisor
Travel forums for Tenerife. Discuss Tenerife travel with TripAdvisor travellers.
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187479-i153-Tenerife... - Cached
More results from tripadvisor.co.uk »

THE Tenerife Forum Online Community
The BIGGEST online community dedicated to Tenerife giving advice and help to visitors and residents on local business and community issues.
www.****************.com - Cached

Oh, and by the way Muppet, if you don't want to read any drivel on here - then don't post any! :redcard:

Ecky Thump
21-03-2012, 00:15
Oh, and by the way Muppet, if you don't want to read any drivel on here - then don't post any! :redcard:

Ooooo Handbags at Dawn.:twak: :raspberry2: :D

CIM
21-03-2012, 02:01
It starts out alphabetically the first time you use Google and then as you browse it customises what you get according to what you have been browsing - the more you browse with Google the more customised the results become.

If you are more likely to use this forum ( or only use this forum ) then this forum will appear near the top of your searches.

This is part of Googles new customer conditions which have got it into hot water with the EU - they track everything you do as you move around the web and store the data so that they can customise your search results to reflect the historical data they hold.

What you are referring to is personalized search results. GoogleŽs number one objective is to deliver to the searcher, the best, most appropriate and most useful results possible. They draw on data from your search history and sites previously visited along with sites you may have "plus oneŽd" as they believe you favour results from these sites. This data is in addition to several hundred factors which make up an ever evolving algorithm which determines which websites are placed where. Adding "personal" search data to these results is a feature I do not find useful so I use a firefox plugin which ensures I always have unpersonalized search results from either the .co.uk or .com version of Google.
Another way to avoid this is to use a second browser (such as Chrome for example) and search with a non-logged in version of Google.

Of the 200-300 different ways in which Google determines website placement in search results, I am very sure Google does use any form of alphabetical placement. Doing so would put them on a par with the good old days of the yellow pages where all the taxi companies wanted to be called "AAA taxis" and the like....

dede
21-03-2012, 08:42
I use this forum and another one sometimes, there is a third one who say they welcome everyone but ive a sneaky feeling if i tried to join i dont think they would be happy ( the owner dont like me hehe..) Dosnt know me mind!!!

Suej
21-03-2012, 11:28

It's just a light hearted thread! and I'm proud to have been awarded one of these!2667

Muppet
21-03-2012, 11:45

.. as if proof were needed - the abuse never takes long to kick in ..

Malteser Monkey
21-03-2012, 15:02
I've been around since 2005 so believe me when I say,

7 I thought you may have been a little older than that Steve:D:raspberry2::D

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing: only you Cainaries ! only you !!!

Ooooo Handbags at Dawn.:twak: :raspberry2: :D

Who's Dawn ?:D

So Slodgie Crap is a no no and drivel's a go go :D

Harmonicaman
21-03-2012, 21:06
I use this forum and another one sometimes, there is a third one who say they welcome everyone but ive a sneaky feeling if i tried to join i dont think they would be happy ( the owner dont like me hehe..) Dosnt know me mind!!!

I have to reply to this as it is aimed at me and others.
"Try it Dede, you will be pleasantly surprised. There is no "baggage" there, how can there be considering how we started. You are more than welcome".

@Slodgie, Mike etc. I am not on a recruiting campaign, I won't even mention it's name. Just responding to unfair criticism.:)

warbey
21-03-2012, 21:16
"Try it Dede, you will be pleasantly surprised. There is no "baggage" there, how can there be considering how we started. You are more than welcome".

@Slodgie, Mike etc. I am not on a recruiting campaign, I won't even mention it's name. Just responding to unfair criticism.:)

Nice to see You Mate, whatever the reason..:D

Harmonicaman
21-03-2012, 21:17
Ni8ce to see You Mate, whatever the reason..

Hi Warbs...:hello:

dede
21-03-2012, 21:30

No your wrong harmonica man, I understood that your forum is owned by and old member from here that was called "with cheese" on here, and he is who i was referring to not you or anyone else, it would be no surprise to any of the old members on here when i say he had it in for me on here and followed every post i made just to give me grief , so why would he welcome me on there?? I explained this today to your better half when she pm'd me and she also thinks i would be made welcome but i cant see it myself. I have to say though it would be interesting to see if he was nice to me because he is now the owner of the forum. I have to add that if anyone dosnt like me through a "forum" well i just think its sad as they are missing out on knowing a nice person in real life.:)

Harmonicaman
21-03-2012, 21:33
No your wrong harmonica man, I understood that your forum is owned by and old member from here that was called "with cheese" on here, and he is who i was referring to not you or anyone else, it would be no surprise to any of the old members on here when i say he had it in for me on here and followed every post i made just to give me grief , so why would he welcome me on there?? I explained this today to your better half when she pm'd me and she also thinks i would be made welcome but i cant see it myself. I have to say though it would be interesting to see if he was nice to me because he is now the owner of the forum. I have to add that if anyone dosnt like me through a "forum" well i just think its sad as they are missing out on knowing a nice person in real life.:)

I'm "Admin" on there Dede. It's all water under the bridge. Fresh start for everybody/anybody. Anyway, we're going off-topic, Slodge will be along in a minute with his chopper!

caroletenerife
21-03-2012, 21:47
I post on all three, and have been made welcome on the other two. i dont see the point of this ' brand loyalty' thing. Thats like saying i cant help Sharon (cat woman) with her work and vice versa, because she is another charity, there is no conflict of interest..

Simon-M
23-03-2012, 09:08
"The BIGGEST online community". They both have these exact words in the description that google uses. Even down to the capital letters "BIGGEST". This was put in by someone on purpose ... so who copied who? Who is the REAL leader and who is the follower.

Malteser Monkey
23-03-2012, 10:30
Just for info - which one was stated first ?

Sundowner
23-03-2012, 11:46
Who cares who is No 1

I use both forums and find this one more to my taste, but sometimes find info on the other one which is useful!

I see them as 2 friends, one a bit boisterous (this one) and the other a bit placid!

It's nice to have variety in your friends;)

Suej
23-03-2012, 12:06
I agree! where ever you feel happy and get the info you require! I haven't got time for the other one! I spend too much time on here as it is!!!:spin:

Malteser Monkey
23-03-2012, 12:12
I agree! where ever you feel happy and get the info you require! I haven't got time for the other one! I spend too much time on here as it is!!!:spin:

hmmm "they" told me you were banned:D:crylaughing: Morning !

KirstyJay
23-03-2012, 13:10
"The BIGGEST online community". They both have these exact words in the description that google uses. Even down to the capital letters "BIGGEST". This was put in by someone on purpose ... so who copied who? Who is the REAL leader and who is the follower.

Just for info - which one was stated first ?

This one was. Started on the 7th October 2005. The 'other' forum put the statement about 'biggest' in their title when we had the changeover and re-installation. They have yet to remove it since we have overtaken them again in membership figures, and the posts and threads of the combined databases on this forum are also much larger.

I hear it's the highest form of flattery, anyway. :)

However... this forum is only really concerned with this forum. I am not really bothered about getting into a discussion about comparisons. If you like us, stay. It's quite simple :)

karinagal
24-03-2012, 10:14
I agree. THE number one forum in my opinion is whatever one you as an individual like best.... This is MY number one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Suej
24-03-2012, 13:45
I agree. THE number one forum in my opinion is whatever one you as an individual like best.... This is MY number one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Me too Karina! There are a few that disappeared before the Forum was resurrected but you will see that quite a few have returned and are posting again! :c2: so it's still probably the most popular!