PDA

View Full Version : Retailers & importers - help advice is needed

Sutty18
20-03-2012, 22:15
Hi All,

I have been asked to find out the following for importing havaiana type shoes.

My Boss has currently been quoted €62 per carton delivery costs to Canary Isles and €43 per carton to the Ballearics for multi carton deliveries (approx. €20 additional charge for single carton). We can get max 10 pairs into a carton at 1.5 to 2KG/pair weight per carton is between 15kG and 20KG

I would like to know your expert opinion/experience on the following

1. What is a typical delivery cost expected from Netherlands to Tenerife?
2. What uplift do the isalnds expect to be charged for delivery by suppliers (example if they pay €25 per pair what would they expect the mainland customers to be paying?
3. What uplift on RRP compared to mainland do Island retailers charge?

Would really appreciate your help on this, im not looking to tread on anyone's toes, just after a bit of advice.

Thanks in advance

Tom & Sharon
21-03-2012, 10:10
Hi All,

My Boss has currently been quoted €62 per carton delivery costs to Canary Isles and €43 per carton to the Ballearics for multi carton deliveries (approx. €20 additional charge for single carton). We can get max 10 pairs into a carton at 1.5 to 2KG/pair weight per carton is between 15kG and 20KG

2. What uplift do the isalnds expect to be charged for delivery by suppliers (example if they pay €25 per pair what would they expect the mainland customers to be paying?

Would really appreciate your help on this, im not looking to tread on anyone's toes, just after a bit of advice.

Thanks in advance

Strange question on here, but here goes:-

You've been quoted 62€ per carton/10 pairs per carton = 6.20€ per pair delivery.

If you buy a pair off amazon.co.uk delivery charge to Tenerife is £4.49 per pair (at time of writing 5.38€)

If your boss wants to make a profit from the British, he'll have to compete with the delivered price from Amazon. Maybe that's where he should be looking for his answers?

malvasia
21-03-2012, 13:04
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

I note that you are looking at bringing in "havaiana type shoes". I have been down that route myself, the genuine shoes would produce very little in the way of profit and the copies from China arent very good. Plus if you are importing the copies it will not be long before a parcel is caught in customs. Good luck and let us know how you get on.