PDA

View Full Version : Health Help the battle against cancer

Snowdrop
20-03-2012, 22:17
A Tenerife “swallow” has decided that his book which is being sold on Amazon will be used to raise cash to fight cancer.
His decision follows the recent death from cancer of a very good friend, who was one of the first to buy the book when it went on sale last year.
His story is one of coping with the trauma of being told that he only had months to live when diagnosed with stomach cancer; how he managed to survive; and enjoying the next decade of winters in the Tenerife sunshine.
The book is called “Waking Up To Sunshine” by Toby Strong and is available for download to e-readers from Amazon.
The tragic death of his friend here in Tenerife in February after she was very rapidly overwhelmed by cancer, has prompted the author to donate 10 percent of net royalties to research into cancer in her memory.
A review of the book on Amazon describes it as “truly inspirational as well as being a remarkable story of the triumph of love and dedication against almost overwhelming odds.......highly recommended as a beacon of hope for cancer sufferers and their carers and extremely thought provoking for the rest of us.....you will laugh and cry a lot.”
Those who are resident in Tenerife or winter here will also identify with some of the comic experiences described in the book about life in the sunshine and the fun of watching the antics of the Brits and others abroad.
Please spread the word. It can be downloaded for less than £3.

A compelling read

tizzywizzy
21-03-2012, 21:53
I have read a preview and i am going to get it for my kindle.

CaribeCelt
22-03-2012, 00:43
Is it only available on kindle?
I would buy if I could get it as a book.
Fair play to the author,a very worthy cause.

tizzywizzy
22-03-2012, 09:46
have had a search and cannot find it as a book. Thats a pity as i think it will be a book youu would enjoy

Snowdrop
22-03-2012, 09:49
Will check with author and get back to you

Will get back to you as soon as I contact author

tizzywizzy
22-03-2012, 09:53
Will check with author and get back to you

Will get back to you as soon as I contact author

Thanks Snowdrop,I have a kindle so I am ok but for others it would be good to have in book format.:c2:

Snowdrop
23-03-2012, 11:45
Unfortunately, the book is not available as a paperback. The reason is that the cost of doing this would be prohibitive.
BUT, it can be downloaded to all kinds of machines .... computers, i-pads, etc.

To download to computer:
1 google: download amazon books for pc
2 click on first website that appears: Kindle for PC
3 this will take you to the amazon site where you can download an app (application) to your pc.
4 click on download and once download is complete, it will enable you to buy and download the book to the computer.

Hope this helps