PDA

View Full Version : Where can I register with a GP in La Paz, Puerto de la Cruz?

Sputnikspouse
21-03-2012, 16:19
we are brits living in the la paz area of puerto de lacruz,residents,speak a little spanish,we need to register with a GP.anyone know a gp in this area we could use prefer one who maybe speaks a litlle english.Many thanks

Megaloo
21-03-2012, 17:08
we are brits living in the la paz area of puerto de lacruz,residents,speak a little spanish,we need to register with a GP.anyone know a gp in this area we could use prefer one who maybe speaks a litlle english.Many thanks

Are you wanting a GP in the Social system? if so you have to register at the Medical centre which is just off the Las Arenas road near Redisa, there is no guarentee you will get an English Speaking Doctor though. If you want private there is always Dr Merino in La Paz he speaks fluent English.

Noggie
04-05-2012, 23:52
Hi,
Do you have an address to Dr Merino?
Thanks

Megaloo
05-05-2012, 09:52
Hi,
Do you have an address to Dr Merino?
Thanks

Here is the telephone number
Clinca Avril
922 38 42 23

Canarybird may be able to give you the exact address, but if you go passed Supermarket 2000 with it on your right it is about 100 yards up on the same side

canarybird
05-05-2012, 18:59
Yes the address of Dr. Merino's clinic is:
Calle Acevino 4

As Megaloo says, walk on the right past Supermercado 2000, then the pizzeria, then Marcos and Carmen's little bar, and a few more steps you'll see CLINICA AVVRIL on the right down a concrete sloping walkway.

Megaloo
05-05-2012, 22:16
Dr Merino is totally private and will cost if you want the NHS in england to pay for everything you have to use spanish national health . i can give you a wpman in puerto who attends hospitals with you to translate
she has been here 30 years

I was answering Noggie on this one who actually asked for Dr Merino's address.

Noggie
05-05-2012, 23:50
Thanks to Canaribird and Megaloo for address :)
And to Satellite; if you could give me the contact info for your wpman in Puerto, that would be great!
Cheers!

canarybird
06-05-2012, 18:20
Many local residents here go to Dr. Merino and the other doctors in his clinic, myself included. And it doesn't always have to cost a lot of money, depending on what you are doing.