PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Couple looking for work in Tenerife

daveyt
21-03-2012, 21:46
Hi all,we are in our mid forties and we are looking to relocate to Tenerife within the next 2 months. My fiance is a jack of all trades from a chef to a beauty therapist. I am a tradesman in epoxy resin floors and general labouring work. Where would we be able to find the best sites for work and rental properties.We would be very grateful for any feedback. Does anyone know the names of local newspapers for jobs and properties?

Cheers

Thanks

Dave and Kaye

Jelly Baby
21-03-2012, 23:03
We have over 30% unemployment in Spain at the moment.. Things are really tough! You might want to re-think your plans as jobs are very scarce right now.

YOUNG GOLFER
22-03-2012, 02:11
You can drop me a email about rentals we can help with that.But not wanting to sound negative (as that's not me) but jobs are hard to find.......... but finding jobs are possible but you have to really put yourselves out there and i mean really.
Good luck.

miss happy
22-03-2012, 09:17
Hi, Things over here are very hard at the moment for work etc but you are right it is about putting yourself out there and being very flexible to What work you will do. Good luck with your move and job hunting.
Regards
Emma

footiefan
22-03-2012, 10:49
hi been here just over a year still scratching around for work, word of mouth is one possibility bring walking shoes as you`l need them for job hunting, good luck..........................off to the beach now.:welcome::goodluck:

stevem
22-03-2012, 11:29
I hate to sound negative here. But prepare yourself for a tough time. There is work as already said. But there isnt much and it's not well paid. Expect to be treated poorly and not to ejoy the lifestyle you were used to! Be prepared to look for the cheapest food and drink and not to enjoy many nights out. BUT the simple things in life are good. I used to love going to the pool and walking for miles, it was free as well! Best of luck though, I hope it all works for you!

Suej
22-03-2012, 11:46
Good Luck! Please! Please make sure you have enough financial back up while you are hunting for work...Tenerife could be a sorry place and lose all it's appeal if you run out of money!eek2:

golf birdie
22-03-2012, 11:55
I know one lad whos lived here for over ten years and has spent 6 hours everyday, and I mean everyday for the past 3 months walking between bars handing out his number in the hope of finding work. He tells me its the hardest its ever been out there.

Tom & Sharon
22-03-2012, 12:26
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?14382-3-yrs-today-since-we-bought-here......The-reality!

This might be a useful read......

Tysonsapple
22-03-2012, 14:12
I know one lad whos lived here for over ten years and has spent 6 hours everyday, and I mean everyday for the past 3 months walking between bars handing out his number in the hope of finding work. He tells me its the hardest its ever been out there.
Is this in playa da las americas area im flying out tommorow hoping to find work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

golf birdie
22-03-2012, 17:26
Is this in playa da las americas area im flying out tommorow hoping to find work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

everywhere from golf del sur to the west coast. Good luck.

MummyJ
22-03-2012, 17:33
1. Yes it is hard

2. Agree you will need to have money as back up as jobs are less well paid now

3. Its not all doom and gloom as if it was sooo bad alot more of us would have packed up and left

4. Everyone of us here on the island has something to offer, if all us residents keep putting down how bad it is it could also have a knock on effect to the tourists that read the board

5. Most of all Good Luck and i wish you all the best, it will be hard, but it is wrth it

stevem
22-03-2012, 19:21
3. Its not all doom and gloom as if it was sooo bad alot more of us would have packed up and left

Hate to be negative as your other thread states, but a lot of us have or are doing so.......

jeste747
22-03-2012, 19:31
Thing is, its not Tourists that are asking. Its people coming here looking for working and whilst I admire them for wanting to make the break, surely its best to give it them straight on the work situation here. There's certainly no Welfare Benefits system here for them to fall back on.

golf birdie
22-03-2012, 19:32
Its not all doom and gloom as if it was sooo bad alot more of us would have packed up and left

a lot more would but they feel there nothing back there for them, they have cut all ties, no house, no car, no bank account, no benefits. You see them daily trying to grind out a living which is far from easy.

stevem
30-03-2012, 17:21
Ahh and there is the proof for the other thread. Big fat useless scam as Doreen has edited. This was a scam 2 years ago and it's the same old scam now! Nice one Doreen ;)

doreen
30-03-2012, 17:30
Ahh and there is the proof for the other thread. Big fat useless scam as Doreen has edited. This was a scam 2 years ago and it's the same old scam now! Nice one Doreen ;)

Thanks to the members who reported various posts today: we don't have a Mod online just at the minute, and as, despite what others might think, I have no power to ban people, I had to follow our Mr Wilson around writing SCAM :lol: