PDA

View Full Version : ITV "This Morning" Sex Clinic!

Tom & Sharon
22-03-2012, 10:53
Did anyone see the Sex Clinic on ITV "This Morning" yesterday?

I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing! I was laughing that much, I could hardly breathe. Are they serious? Where do they get these people from? Is there really any need/use for it on morning TV? I was hysterical watching it, and when Tom came home from work I could hardly describe it for laughing.

Seeing as it is obviously deemed appropriate content by Ofcom for morning viewing by all (whatever happened to the watershed?) I will presume therefore it is appropriate content for an open forum.

For anyone who didn't see it, I'll do my best to relay it.

There were 3 participants - 2 couples, and a woman on her own. Apparently they'd been on last week, I didn't see it, to discuss their "problem" with the Doctor on the show, who told them how to tackle it, and go way for a week to try her advice. They were back yesterday to share their results with the whole of the UK!

The 2 couples were fairly reasonable, except for the fact they felt the need to discuss it on the TV! One couple were scared of having sex after childbirth - OK, fair enough, and they had given them some sex toys to play with instead. These were on the coffee table. The second couple had different libidos, he wanted sex all the time and she didn't really want it at all. They'd been sent away to come to a compromise. She had to say the most times she'd have sex, and he had to say the least times and compromise on that. He was also told by the doctor that he wasn't allowed to have sex for more than 5 minutes - What ??? They were back to say they had worked out a compromise of 6 times a fortnight, and they were both happy with that. The wife said that she was grateful for the 5 minute limit...........haha I bet his mates down the pub love that one!

It was the woman on her own that was the best bit. She looked late 30's/40ish and had been on (on her own) to say that although she'd had loads of sex in her life, she'd never had an orgasm. The Doctor had sent her away with a mains powered vibrator to try which looked a bit like my kitchen blender! I suppose if it doesn't work, you can always give up and make soup! This was also on the coffee table, and she'd actually drawn a smiley face on it, she said to make her feel better ??? When the doctor asked her had it worked, she said no. She said her partner had been too busy to try it with her as he was busy mending the boiler! Really? Seriously? Then the best bit - she said in all seriousness that she had read that some women have orgasms and don't know. She said that when she had got the literature out for her visit to London, and she read that the British Museum would be open, she thought she might have had one then!!! At this stage I nearly fell off the sofa, crying with laughter, and Phillip Schofield's face was an absolute picture.

I suspect that after this woman had completely humiliated herself (and partner) on National TV, he might be "fixing the boiler" for a long time to come. I really can't imagine what reception he'll get in the local pub!

It didn't stop there either. They then got a double bed on the set, complete with a couple in their 20's in pyjamas, who went on to demonstrate a variety of positions to try. When these had finished, they got off the bed, and a couple in their 70's got on it, again in pyjamas, and demonstrated the best ways to have sex when your elbows and knees have gone! If you've not worked it out by the time you're 70 it's honestly time to give up! This was followed by a phone- in on oral sex, where the doctor was giving a description of the best way for women to give that, whilst cheating at it and avoiding being sick if that's how it made you feel.

I could really not believe my eyes and ears. I just thought it was absolutely hilarious, it was the funniest thing I've seen in ages. I just don't think there's any need for it on morning mainstream TV. I'm not putting that because I'm a prude or anything, cos I'm definitely not. I'm just not sure who it's aimed at. Morning TV is generally aimed at women at home with young children, or pensioners. Women like me will just find it hysterical, but I do think that little old ladies sitting watching it while they're knitting would find it really offensive. I know if my nanas were alive still, they'd have been absolutely horrified.

I can't wait for today's programme in case it's on again, but I think it's taking morning TV too far. Do they really need it for the ratings? I think that morning TV is far more suited to Delia Smith whipping up a chocolate cake or something. They surely could make the programme contemporary with other topics than that. It smacks a bit of desperation somehow to achieve the ratings.

What does everyone else think? A lot of you must have seen it.

Malteser Monkey
22-03-2012, 11:01
No but I'll be on the ITV Player at lunchtime !!:D

sounds hilarious Sharon

Thanks

willowlily
22-03-2012, 12:55
i suppose they expect all children to be at school, but you are right it just makes me break out into a fit of giggles and today is worse i have had to turn down the tv as tears were falling down my cheeks as i was listening to this guy who's job it is to teach women how to orgasam yes! he physically massages their vagina.
if fern where there with philip i think they would have had to leave then building and even holly has her moments, still it amusing if nothing else, but i personally dont think the content has any educational value but maybe that just me.
maybe men feel differently and the programe may lift the veil of the female sexuallity but you have only got to see females reactions at a male strip show its basically a laugh but you dont see men rolling around laughing whilst watching a female strip show.
VIVA LA DIFFERENCE?

Pinkyjo
22-03-2012, 13:42
I was at the blood donors and I was attached to a machine as I was giving platelets. The tv was switched on and this was on the tv WITH SUBTITLES. It was hilarious. I thought the guy at the side of me was going to combust. The nurse came to see what the comotion was and turned it over to bargain hunt. Not quite the same lol ha ha.

dotty1
22-03-2012, 20:15
I agree it was so funny ,how could you take it serious. I have been married 53 years and if I don!t know how everything works, alright nothing to do with TV but 4 children later and funny is not the word it was hilarious, I love every time you
post on here Sharon, I am sure you will get lots of replies, this could go on for a long time

karinagal
22-03-2012, 20:50
this could go on for a long time

I thought it was limited to five minutes.......!
:p :D :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dotty1
22-03-2012, 21:05
[QUOTE=karinagal;158083]I thought it was limited to five minutes.......!
Good one Karen you know I have no feeling in my foot lol

beekay
22-03-2012, 21:06
Nice one Sharon !!

Watch it here (http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=313411) :wow:

karinagal
22-03-2012, 22:58
[QUOTE=karinagal;158083]I thought it was limited to five minutes.......!
Good one Karen you know I have no feeling in my foot lol

So there's no point in your OH sucking on your toes then... You won't get caught in a Fergie type sex scandal?

Are you in Amarilla just now Dot? If so, hang out the bunting - I arrive tomorrow evening!! :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dotty1
23-03-2012, 10:47
[QUOTE=karinagal;158114][QUOTE=dotty1;158092]

So there's no point in your OH sucking on your toes then... You won't get caught in a Fergie type sex scandal?

Are you in Amarilla just now Dot? If so, hang out the bunting - I arrive tomorrow evening!! :p
Yes still here you have some lovely weather to arrive to enjoy your stay.............................................. ...........

karinagal
23-03-2012, 12:25
Excellent Dot - I'll buy you a pint at the bar!