PDA

View Full Version : Cafés Harriet's Tea Room, Fanabe, Tenerife

peterblanks1
22-03-2012, 20:08
I have been recomended to visit Harriets tea room in fanabe, not sure where it is, has anyone else visited?
thanks in advance

peterblanks1
22-03-2012, 20:22
I have had some fantastic comments for Harriets tea room in Fanabe, everybody I talk to raves about the tea room, and all the fab cakes they bake on the premisses, has anyone else been there?

golf birdie
22-03-2012, 20:26
I have had some fantastic comments for Harriets tea room in Fanabe, everybody I talk to raves about the tea room, and all the fab cakes they bake on the premisses, has anyone else been there?

well why not ask one of them where it is ????

Nafnut
22-03-2012, 20:29
Home made cakes, nice English tea room, family run, not far from Megabowls bowling alley towards the beach, well worth a visit.

AL JAY
22-03-2012, 20:33
Why didn't you ask the people who told you how good it was to tell you its location :whistle:

Harmonicaman
22-03-2012, 20:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Andy0210
23-03-2012, 09:09
I have been recomended to visit Harriets tea room in fanabe, not sure where it is, has anyone else visited?
thanks in advance

Hahaha, not even subtle, i wonder if you fill in "the blanks" Peter is related somehow to Harriet?? :whistle:

macdonald5
23-03-2012, 09:37
Hahaha, not even subtle, i wonder if you fill in "the blanks" Peter is related somehow to Harriet?? :whistle:

We tried to find it but gave up
If it's so good the fare will do the talking!!!

brandnewtom
23-03-2012, 10:42
Hi, Its in Fanabe near the beach, up one of side streets by the beach, we found it because we saw burger king and noticed their notice board so we thought we would give BK a miss and try this place, Food was nice here. Ask anyone in the local area for directions and they will be able to point you in right direction.

bonitatime
23-03-2012, 13:50
I think I know where you mean if so it is the CC Fańabe 1

Shugstar63
23-03-2012, 14:12
Directly across from Sol Sun Beach entrance.....try the Garden Bar round the corner too....good beer & food

peterblanks1
25-03-2012, 13:00
:yum: I visited Harriets this Saturday, and I had a really good experience, My wife had the victoria sponge and I had the coffee and walnut, We both agreed it was the best cake we have ever had.
We got there about 2.pm and it was very busy, We found the tea shop by walking along the front and turning left up the hill after passing burger king on the left.
We go back to England on Thursday and will definately visit again before that.

macdonald5
25-03-2012, 13:11
Hi, Its in Fanabe near the beach, up one of side streets by the beach, we found it because we saw burger king and noticed their notice board so we thought we would give BK a miss and try this place, Food was nice here. Ask anyone in the local area for directions and they will be able to point you in right direction.

Thanks ,we back there in a few weeks so will have better chance to try this time

peterblanks1
17-06-2012, 23:21
Visiting Tenerife next week, is Harriets tea room still open in playa fanabe ?
Visited on my last visit, and its first on my list to go to again, as I am not staying in the same area this time I don't want to travel for half hour to find it closed.

Tom & Sharon
18-06-2012, 11:08
Visited on my last visit, and its first on my list to go to again, as I am not staying in the same area this time I don't want to travel for half hour to find it closed.

I think it's still there, but the original owners have sold it and moved to San Blas and opened as "Hattie's Tea Shop".

This may be nearer for you if you're not staying in the same area?

Tojack
18-06-2012, 16:24
Is that in the square? Great homemade cakes.Do you know opening hours please.

Tom & Sharon
18-06-2012, 16:35
It's kind of on the back rd, in what used to be Ocean's Edge.

I'm sorry I don't know the opening hrs, but I would imagine it's just day time.

plancher
18-06-2012, 19:01
Yes it is open Tuesday to Saturdays....Still very busy, with the new owners doing exceptionally well.

peterblanks1
18-06-2012, 23:13
I am staying in los gigantes, I only want to go to Harriets tea room because of the experience i had last time, and that was after the new owners took over. I know this sounds a bit bias but if you find a place you really like, why go anywhere else.
I have since found out they have a website and all the details are there.
thanks for all the replies.

Simon-M
18-06-2012, 23:34
Do you have any other interests in Tenerife apart from HARRIETS TEA ROOM? All of your posts have been about Harrietts Tea Rom in Fanabe. Is it possible that you might in fact have something to do with Harriets Tea Room beyond being an absolutely delighted patron of Harriets Team Room in Fanabe :whistle:

dianaparker
18-06-2012, 23:43
Harriets tea room is open 9 til 5 Tuesday to Saturday, all cakes are homemade on the premises.
The tea room is situated in cc1 playa fanabe, its on the street between burger king and the hiper supermarket, opposite Sol sun reception.
hope this helps

viv
07-06-2013, 10:30
I have used both tea rooms!!!! and have found Nutter's Tea Room in San Blas Golf del Sur much nicer... There is also Miss Sophie's Kitchen... Although these are only baked to order.... But OMG delicious, the Victoria sponge is so light and fluffy it nearly floats from the plate!!! :-)

stuart
07-06-2013, 22:43
I have not heard of Nutters tea room, is it new

peterblanks1
08-06-2013, 17:54
Can't believe it I am back on holiday after 13 months away and visited Harriet's tea room, and its closed for holiday until 11th June. Will have to go then, hope its as good as last time.

Margaretta
08-06-2013, 20:42
There is one in San Blas opposite the Vincci Hotel. Not sure of the opening times.

MrsTT
08-06-2013, 22:58
We have been Hattie's Tea rooms in San Blas today - it was a fabulous experience - went for lunch and stayed 3 hours !! Coffee and walnut cake - just exquisite- lovely place, super service - will be going again!

rosemary
09-06-2013, 11:01
Hatties does do wonderful homemade cakes and that coffee and walnut is tooo tempting! It's far too close for comfort if one is on the 5.2!!

stuart
06-10-2013, 21:38
The owners of Harriet's tea room have opened up a second bigger tea room just round the corner, so no need to queue anymore to get lovely homemade cakes and a nice cup of tea

Angusjim
31-10-2015, 18:05
Went to Harrěets next to San Marino in Los Cristianos today not nearly as good as Fanabe ( is it the same people? )

JaBBa
31-10-2015, 19:10
Went to Harrěets next to San Marino in Los Cristianos today not nearly as good as Fanabe ( is it the same people? )
Yep mate....

imablue
31-10-2015, 20:18
Expansion is one thing ,exclusiveness is a totally different kettle of ..teacakes ... and yes it is the same owners.. sometimes one has to begin to wonder where peoples priorities lie ... profit or ...i don,t know...?
Is it recognition as being the best in the field.....:yum:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hello..... Peter where are you?
Peterblanks1 that is...
and how about ...? Stuart...

TOTO 99
31-10-2015, 20:39

Best news I've heard in ages.....I like it and at least I now don't have to worry about bumping into you in there...:laugh:

macdonald5
31-10-2015, 20:44
Two good other alternative tea rooms in Los Cris.......The Ivy and Lakeland in the square opposite Devonshire Arms pub
The Ivy alsodoes very good evening meals

Angusjim
06-11-2015, 13:29
Two good other alternative tea rooms in Los Cris.......The Ivy and Lakeland in the square opposite Devonshire Arms pub
The Ivy alsodoes very good evening meals

Thanks Mrs Mac went into Lakelands very good especially the pineapple cheesecake & Strawberry Gateau . The Ivy was not open but evening menu looked very nice we will visit next time we are over:tiphat:

macdonald5
06-11-2015, 14:26
Thanks Mrs Mac went into Lakelands very good especially the pineapple cheesecake & Strawberry Gateau . The Ivy was not open but evening menu looked very nice we will visit next time we are over:tiphat:

Glad you enjoyed AJ , we.did too The Ivy evening meals very good, my hubby a very fussy eater and he likes !!

smigster
11-11-2015, 12:46
There is one opened in LC under San Marino apartments.I was there 3 weeks ago had several breakfasts and 1 evening meal it's not the cheapest but very good food and good service.I will be back Dec 4th and will definitely use it again