PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Autonomo and working with a spouse or partner

KirstyJay
23-03-2012, 13:35
I could do with a bit of info about how to go about working with a spouse or partner. I am sure I read something on here a while back about 'Autonomo Familiar' and have lookd it up on the aeat.es website and asked at the SS about it, and as far as I know your spouse/partner can be on the same 'alta' with the modelo 037 at the Hacienda, all I have to do is go to the SS and say he wants to alta and he starts paying the cuotas for SS.

However this will mean that we are paying 2 x 257€/month for the SS, and at present although I am doing lots of hours, he would not be, so it does not make it viable to justify the extra cuotas.

I was speaking to a friend yesterday that suggested it may be possible for me to 'employ' my other half on a minimum wage/contract so that he is legal to either cover some of my classes or take on extra contract work and that it may be a cheaper way of doing things until it's viable to pay 2 lots of autonomo cuotas. All the work I do HAS to be put through legally, so I really don't want to take any chances.

Does anyone have any info about the costs of doing this and how I would go about it, so I can weigh up the alternatives.

Thanks in advance! :)

garlicbread
23-03-2012, 14:44
Here's an idea that could work

Your spouse gets you to give him a "job" for say 2000 euros a month for nine months. You don't actually pay him anything and he doesn't actually do any work either.
Your spouse pays you what it costs in social security (around 250 euros per month) thats 2250 euros over the nine months, you receive a payment from the unemployment ministry for taking him on (that's your cut !) and you claim tax relief for the supposed wages you never paid him,(18per cent of 18000 euros) and you give your spouse the 3200 euros at the year end.

After nine months of 'not' working for you, you then let him go as surplus to requirements.
He then goes on Paro and receives 1500 euros a month (75 per cent of 2000 euros) for six months.

Total gain over 15 months .....9950 Euros

and both he and you have still been contributing to your old age pension while sitting on the beach for a year and a quarter.

Simples

Next relative Please !!!!!

MrsTT
23-03-2012, 14:59
As far as I know you are not allowed to employ your spouse. certainly that is what our accountant/gestor who handles all our affairs has told us. Some can get away with it if they are partners but not married because there is no legal standing in the partnership. Tenerifeteddy and I each have to pay autonomo.

Tom & Sharon
23-03-2012, 15:23
I was told you're not allowed to employ your spouse either.

Obviously for the reasons above!

KirstyJay
23-03-2012, 15:26
Well, me and 'the bloke' are not married either, and have always handled our tax affairs seperately in the past... if that makes a difference to replies.

Interesting reply, GB... not really the sort of person to 'do' the system for every penny I can, as there are people that actually do need the cash the government hands out. I would feel as bad as the bankers if I did that! :wow: however, this is the sort of thing we were thinking of... basically so that he is legal to cover some of my lessons to share the workload, because at the moment I'm working every hour that god sends and am shattered, however we're both qualified to do the job... but we can't really afford to shell out for 2 lots of social if we're not both full time, and there's no way we can both be full time with the kids in the equation.

It seems there's no way of being 'part-time autonomo'! :(

CIM
23-03-2012, 15:40
I think there is. I employ a translator here on and off and she is all legal but doesnt pay the full amount of social. I´ll ask her how she does it next time I speak to her.

TenerifeTeddy
23-03-2012, 16:12
I believe it is possible to opt out of the pension part of the Autonomo payment. You pay a bit less but would not be entitled to claim a pension when you reach retirement age. Our gestor gave us a form to sign last year I opted to stay in but as MrsTT wouldn't be paying into the system for long enough to receive a Spanish pension she opted out. It was a minimum of 15 years, but not sure of the latest rules.

garlicbread
23-03-2012, 16:55
Well, me and 'the bloke' are not married either, and have always handled our tax affairs seperately in the past... if that makes a difference to replies.

Interesting reply, GB... not really the sort of person to 'do' the system for every penny I can, as there are people that actually do need the cash the government hands out. I would feel as bad as the bankers if I did that! :wow: however, this is the sort of thing we were thinking of... basically so that he is legal to cover some of my lessons to share the workload, because at the moment I'm working every hour that god sends and am shattered, however we're both qualified to do the job... but we can't really afford to shell out for 2 lots of social if we're not both full time, and there's no way we can both be full time with the kids in the equation.

It seems there's no way of being 'part-time autonomo'! :(

I know you well enough to understand where you are coming from but I can't really imagine you as a banker some how, now the OH as a banker, now that's different or am I thinking of a different word;) ;)

Seriously it's what a good deal of the "locals" do all the time!! Keep it in the family.

9PLUS
23-03-2012, 18:16
Come on Kirsty you've always been for the rights of the worker

Added after 3 minutes:

Here's an idea that could work

Your spouse gets you to give him a "job" for say 2000 euros a month for nine months. You don't actually pay him anything and he doesn't actually do any work either.
Your spouse pays you what it costs in social security (around 250 euros per month) thats 2250 euros over the nine months, you receive a payment from the unemployment ministry for taking him on (that's your cut !) and you claim tax relief for the supposed wages you never paid him,(18per cent of 18000 euros) and you give your spouse the 3200 euros at the year end.

After nine months of 'not' working for you, you then let him go as surplus to requirements.
He then goes on Paro and receives 1500 euros a month (75 per cent of 2000 euros) for six months.

Total gain over 15 months .....9950 Euros

and both he and you have still been contributing to your old age pension while sitting on the beach for a year and a quarter.

Simples

Next relative Please !!!!!

One of the problems with that set up is Kirsty would have to justify where she's getting €2250 from

louisecox
23-03-2012, 20:58
If you are not married then yes you can employ your partner on minimum wage,

bonitatime
25-03-2012, 07:44
Are you sure Louise as they are registered as living in the same house

www.soydeltete.es