PDA

View Full Version : The Voice 2013

marbro8
24-03-2012, 22:32
hm has started a thread about bgt tonight but i thought i would give the voice a chance, and i am glad that i did, it was brill, has anyone else watched it or did you cheat and tape it:)

christa
24-03-2012, 22:44
Couldn't miss BGT, but will watch this on Catchup.!

marbro8
24-03-2012, 22:48
it's worth it, a completely new take on the way the judges choose the acts;)

DeedeeTipperary
24-03-2012, 23:18
I have been watching the Irish version for the last couple of months and am enjoying it to bits , and the first episode of the English version was fantastic so I am hooked for the whole duration of this series :c2: Amazing singers !

jim1joiner
25-03-2012, 11:37
Great show ,simon will have to watch his back

Harmonicaman
25-03-2012, 11:39
I'll have a look on i-player...:tiphat:

Zara
25-03-2012, 12:37
I've just watched it Mark and thought it was excellent. I liked that Samuel guy and the girl at the end with the red hair. Also Sir Tom looked extremely attractive :shy:

Will catch up with BGT probably tomorrow but generally the start of the series is pretty rubbish while they wade through the dross.

chifleta
25-03-2012, 13:18
I've just watched it Mark and thought it was excellent. I liked that Samuel guy and the girl at the end with the red hair. Also Sir Tom looked extremely attractive :shy:

Will catch up with BGT probably tomorrow but generally the start of the series is pretty rubbish while they wade through the dross.

the dross is my favourite part, it gets too serious after that LOL :laugh:

for those that watch online, this lass's website finds these sort of programmes for you (delete this if i'm not allowed to post it) www.realitytvfan.org ... i prefer watching it here because I can pause it when I want and no adverts :) and no buffering.... ITV didn't want to work for me properly yesterday..

Suej
25-03-2012, 13:28
the dross is my favourite part, it gets too serious after that LOL :laugh:

for those that watch online, this lass's website finds these sort of programmes for you (delete this if i'm not allowed to post it) www.realitytvfan.org ... i prefer watching it here because I can pause it when I want and no adverts :) and no buffering.... ITV didn't want to work for me properly yesterday..

That's a useful link chifleta....Thanks!:wink:

chifleta
25-03-2012, 13:35
That's a useful link chifleta....Thanks!:wink:

i'm a (as my dad lovingly says to me) a "sad-TV addict" hahaha gotta love reality tv :-D

twentythreeD
12-04-2012, 13:09
Watched it!

Medman
13-04-2012, 07:32
Same as BGT - all about the judges. Yes, some good singers, but not any better than you would hear in Shenanigans.

mariben
13-04-2012, 08:18
I have watched the voice since it started and I think its great, I like the fact that the judges don't see the singer, so they are totally judged on there voice rather on how they look.

KirstyJay
21-04-2012, 00:04
Just catching up on this on iPlayer... I think it's great... mainly because the 'voices' are sought out by talent scouts beforehand, so you at lease see decent singers and not just the usual BGT crap.

Great! If only the bloke did not keep farting and ruining my viewing experience :v2:

obs
21-04-2012, 09:40
Too much information Kirsty! :crazy:

jim1joiner
21-04-2012, 10:49
Much better than BGT.But lets see if it changes tonight when they are in the studio

sunseeker
21-04-2012, 21:01
bin enjoying this. cant wait for tonites episode on iplyer.

Margaretta
23-04-2012, 19:46
Am watching but finding it really boring because everyone is shouting songs because they think each one needs the 'big power' treatment and there's so much screeching. Some songs need sensitivity.
Two 'singers' last night sang their individual and some joint phrases totally out of tune and yet were chosen for the live show. It's all a bit 'samey'. Last night it looked as though a lot of the weaker ones were chosen so that they would eventually be knocked out as there's already a feeling about who will be the winner. In my personal opinion it is very contrived and lacks a true variety of voices. Those who are softer or have deeper voices are being forced to shout. To me that's not singing.

marbro8
23-04-2012, 19:51
Much better than BGT.But lets see if it changes tonight when they are in the studio

you are right jim the acts are now being picked on their age and looks where as before they were picked on sound:(

Added after 3 minutes:

Am watching but finding it really boring because everyone is shouting songs because they think each one needs the 'big power' treatment and there's so much screeching. Some songs need sensitivity.
Two 'singers' last night sang their individual and some joint phrases totally out of tune and yet were chosen for the live show. It's all a bit 'samey'. Last night it looked as though a lot of the weaker ones were chosen so that they would eventually be knocked out as there's already a feeling about who will be the winner. In my personal opinion it is very contrived and lacks a true variety of voices. Those who are softer or have deeper voices are being forced to shout. To me that's not singing.

agree about the shouting mararetta, you only had to look at the faces will.i.am and jessie jay where pulling during some of the performancesrolleyes2:

Margaretta
23-04-2012, 20:01
Yes Marbro, I'm a great fan of Tom Jones and Tina Turner....and Jessie J but they know how to project their voices and not screech. The competitive duos were abysmal.

Ed3229
28-04-2012, 21:20
Ruth Brown could win she's great....:jumping:

primrose
28-04-2012, 21:49
Turned it off couldn't stand the screeching any longer they were doing GBH to my Ears.:redcard:

AL JAY
28-04-2012, 21:57
Turned it off couldn't stand the screeching any longer they were doing GBH to my Ears.:redcard:

I thought it was just me,they seemed to be trying to outdo each other in the Screeching and singing in the wrong key mode apart from the the black guy who's name escapes me! Awful truly awful and the worst thing the judges can do is lie to them!!!

jim1joiner
29-04-2012, 10:32
watched it last night,pity there wasnt any judges to judge the panels singing,they would of all been voted off

vpapz
16-05-2012, 06:17
show is indeed great and remarkable!.. it promotes and shows how talented those contestants are despite their differences... but the show had gone so excellent!..:c2:

Ed3229
02-06-2012, 21:31
Well done Leanne best singer by far.......:bowdown:

marbro8
02-06-2012, 23:21
Well done Leanne best singer by far.......:bowdown:ye we voted for her what a voice

Medman
03-06-2012, 00:06
Shock result; only one singer I would cross the road to listen to and that is Bo. The rest are all over-singing shouters or squealers. Leanne seems a pleasant girl but no star quality. Glad it's finished though as the behaviour of the judges was cringe worthy.

marbro8
03-06-2012, 00:19
Shock result; only one singer I would cross the road to listen to and that is Bo. The rest are all over-singing shouters or squealers. Leanne seems a pleasant girl but no star quality. Glad it's finished though as the behaviour of the judges was cringe worthy.after championing the programme against britain's got talent and x factor at the start of the series i feel that i was a bit disappointed :ashamed: but i just hope that they learn from their mistakes and bring the next series out with a new vigor:)

Medman
03-06-2012, 00:39
after championing the programme against britain's got talent and x factor at the start of the series i feel that i was a bit disappointed :ashamed: but i just hope that they learn from their mistakes and bring the next series out with a new vigor:)

I hear the plan is to replace all the judges which is the good news. The bad news is that Cheryl Cole and Adele have been mentioned. Mentors ?? Naw!

Santiago
03-06-2012, 15:24
I hear the plan is to replace all the judges which is the good news. The bad news is that Cheryl Cole and Adele have been mentioned. Mentors ?? Naw!

Good grief, is that true? It took Cheryl Cole months to learn the words to her new song. Have you heard it? Strangely it is called "Call my name", I can't think where they got that title from!!

Medman
03-06-2012, 17:41
Good grief, is that true? It took Cheryl Cole months to learn the words to her new song. Have you heard it? Strangely it is called "Call my name", I can't think where they got that title from!!

Aye, months to learn the words so she could mime !!

marbro8
03-06-2012, 19:37
the thing that made the programme so special was the way they had to choose the contestants, but when they had got through that stage it just turned into just another talent contest that has been tried and tested and done to death for years, it just became predictably boring, as showed with the declining viewer figures:dontknow:

slodgedad
17-04-2013, 21:55
Just came upon last weekends episode on Catch Up.

Gobsmacked to see 2 of Tenerife's finest on. Maxine Jack and Shelley as a duo called Diva.

They got through and chose to be in Tom Jones team.

marbro8
17-04-2013, 22:01

Gobsmacked to see 2 of Tenerife's finest on. Maxine Jack and Shelley as a duo called Diva.

They got through and chose to be in Tom Jones team.they used to perform in tenerife?, at what venues and how long ago?

YOUNG GOLFER
18-04-2013, 01:30
I know,one of them well...her husband managed kormaks for a while I'm garden city....b....both very nice people.

Medman
18-04-2013, 08:09

They got through and chose to be in Tom Jones team.

I was pleasantly surprised how good they were. First impression was, here's a couple of ageing club singers trying to get 90 seconds publicity on the telly. BUT, they were vocally excellent and full of fun. Head and shoulders above the rest, including the ex-professionals trying to make a come back on a talent show. C'mon yee Divas. . :c2: