PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Which town near Los Cristianos & Las Americas would you suggest to live in Tenerife?

Ocean77
25-03-2012, 11:12
Hello...
My question'll be simple and precise...

What town near Los Cristianos and Playas de Las Americas would you suggest to live in? Is there and any public transport from smaller towns to Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas?

Thanks very much

Ocean

Harmonicaman
25-03-2012, 11:46
Both PDLA and Los Cristianos have sizeable bus stations which serve all the outlying towns/villages and also the main towns to the north. As for which village to live in...there are so many variables to consider, do you want to be on the coast? high up the mountain? is broadband a neccessity? do you need a school?...lots of things to think about, so it isn't quite a "Simple and precise" question.:tiphat:

Margaretta
25-03-2012, 11:48
Ocean77, the only precise and simple answer here is regards transport.
Titsa/guagua buses are brilliant and usually arrive at times stated. They appear to visit every town and village and some even go up to Teide itself. You just have to become au fait with local times.

Micro-climate. this a very important thing to consider when choosing a place to live in Tenerife. Each village and area can vary so much and some are excessively hot in the summer or extra cold depending on their position within hills up high or down near the sea.

Some towns have less villas and are mostly apartments. Some are mainly Canarian or have a strong Spanish, German, Dutch or British influence.

Noise. How much can you tolerate? Apartments lack cavity wall insulation and although the natives are tolerant, if you have been living in a detached residence you will be less than thrilled with day and night noise through ceilings and walls.

If you are elderly and want to use the library or local shop think about excessively steep hills, mobility terrain etc.

CCheck the area day/night and different seasons.

These are factors which add to the very 'non-simple' list of your personal requirements for accommodation.
Wishing you very good luck; feeling very envious.
Do let us know how you proceed and the result which I'm sure will be a wonderful one.

atlantico
25-03-2012, 11:56
the answer is pretty simple, PDLA and LC are Towns themselves, there are no other towns near them or between them. The 'nearest' town though is Chayofa, just North of motorway, so thats your answer. Put simply

bonitatime
25-03-2012, 17:42
Nearby would be Guaza, la Camella or Adeje
You will need to check the Titsa website but I would guess Adeje has the better served bus route

warbey
25-03-2012, 20:51
Is Your first priority WHERE to Live

Or is it What You will live in.?

I suggest You will have to LOOK. Yourself for those answers.

Ocean77
25-03-2012, 21:16
Thanks a lot,

The forum's been very helpful, and I feel I'll be choosing the right place to live in, just like all of you who I'm sure have found! The right place doesn't mean "the perfect", and be living among Germans, British, Spanish and Dutch is just like be living among different people here in London, where we find many different cultures. Whatsmore, I speak 5 languages (german, spanish and english are three of them), so communication won't be a major problem.

Thanks again for your help and information :-)
Ocean

cockney
02-04-2012, 10:19
We are thinking of moving over and would like to live in the south of the island in an expat british community, both retired and have transport, villa preferred, any recommendations for areas, thanks in advance.

Margaretta
02-04-2012, 12:07
Cockney. You will probably be guided to the most lively areas but do visit Golf del Sur and Amarilla Golf when you are looking. Some lovely villas, not too steep, great coastal walks and mainly ex-pats.

cockney
02-04-2012, 14:59
Thanks Margaretta but lively is not for us, we prefer the quiet life now :jumping:

Margaretta
02-04-2012, 15:42
Whoops! sorry! Don't think I made myself clear enough. Golf del Sur and Amarilla Golf are quiet. Some people worry about the planes but in most parts there it is only a distant rumble. There are a couple of villa sites where it is loud. You soon get to know where they are when walking around. At least visit. It is a lovely area.

cockney
02-04-2012, 15:52
I most certainly will and thanks for the advice. I am assuming there are a lot of expats living on the Island.

Margaretta
02-04-2012, 16:15
Lots. Plenty in the areas above and 'swallows' i.e. those who return to the Uk for the Summer.

cockney
02-04-2012, 16:20
Thanks again, can't wait to come over.