PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair adds 6€ surcharge to tickets purchased in Spain

poker
25-03-2012, 12:21
Again something new they invent ?
Why just not ask the price directly and full like they should ?
They are anyway one of the most competative surly they dont need all this crap to earn a bit more .

Already few a few times with them and happy for the price/quality you get .
But hate their online booking practices and the troubble you need to go to to book / find the best flight for you .
Artickle here ,

Ryanair adds six Euro surcharge to tickets purchased in Spain Ryanair is to introduce a six Euro surcharge on all flights purchased in Spain from April 15. This will appear as ‘coste de gestión’ (management charge) and will be added to the final ticket price with the rest of the charges. The charge is a strategy to promote the airline’s new Ryanair Cash Passport, a MasterCard debit card which will give passengers, yes you got it, a six € discount. The card also can be used to take money out of cash machines and to make purchases in stores. Michael O’Leary used the launch of the card to encourage Spanish consumers to get a card ‘As quickly as possible to save the management costs’

honda
25-03-2012, 13:51
When will they stop ripping people off ?

But still the cheapest airline, I know.

tfs1
25-03-2012, 21:28
I think you will find that the €6 admin fee has been 'added' for sometime and not just for Spain. You do not pay this admin fee if you use the Cash Passport card.

For the past couple of years you did not pay the admin fee if you paid by prepaid mastercard and for several years prior to that you didnt pay the admin fee if you paid using an Electron card.

willowlily
13-04-2012, 20:17
have just received an email from ryanair customer services informing me that the spanish government is raising the air duty later this month and as soon as they know how much they will debit my card with the extra charges. i am flying to uk on the 23rd april and returning on 27th april, they say these extra charges apply even if you have booked and paid for your flight i booked this flight 2 weeks ago. does anyone know when this new charge comes in

Harmonicaman
13-04-2012, 20:24
have just received an email from ryanair customer services informing me that the spanish government is raising the air duty later this month and as soon as they know how much they will debit my card with the extra charges. i am flying to uk on the 23rd april and returning on 27th april, they say these extra charges apply even if you have booked and paid for your flight i booked this flight 2 weeks ago. does anyone know when this new charge comes in

Got the same e-mail willowlily, here it is below...

Dear Customer

In relation to your flight reference ******

Ryanair has been advised by the Spanish Government of a budgetary proposal to increase airport charges later this month.

In accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Travel* we are advising customers with a reservation that includes a flight departing from a Spanish airport that we may be forced to debit passengers for any government imposed increases in airport charges prior to your travel date.

Once the Spanish government budget is published Ryanair will advise affected passengers by email of any additional airport charges that may apply to your reservation before any charges are made.

Please see our website for updates regarding increases in Spanish airport charges.

Yours sincerely

Ryanair Customer Service

• 4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us.

doreen
13-04-2012, 21:00
There is an article here suggesting it will be around €1.60 extra ... but there are subsidies for airport charges in the Canaries at the moment :)

http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/5187-aena-to-increase-airport-charges.html

junglejim
13-04-2012, 21:10
Nice memo- if the tax goes up , they take it off you automatically - If it goes down ,you have to claim it back - why can´t they just refund you?
Usual scam from Ryanair !

Harmonicaman
13-04-2012, 21:32
There is an article here suggesting it will be around €1.60 extra ... but there are subsidies for airport charges in the Canaries at the moment :)

http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/5187-aena-to-increase-airport-charges.html

Why do I believe Ryanair will take considerably more than €1.60 each?:laugh:

barryk
15-04-2012, 13:00
Received my email also today, especially after rejoicing that I had save £12 by booking singles and using my caxtonfx prepaid mastercard for the TFS to UK sector.

Let us hope that he does not want to charge a £6 admin charge to collect the €1.60.

Barryk

imablue
15-04-2012, 13:20
:plikewise got an email today ...ah well, 2 less drinks they,ll be getting out of us

barryk
15-04-2012, 13:38
Looks like this Cash Passport requirement is spreading.

Originally I think it was only UK and Italy.

I booked some flights yesterday and was not charged.

Looks like I was just in time;

********44.66 EUR Taxes, Fees & Charges
*********4.00 EUR Passenger Fee: EU 261 Levy
*********0.50 EUR Passenger Fee: ETS
********12.00 EUR Passenger Fee: Web Check in
********10.00 EUR Passenger Fee: Priority Boarding
Barryk

tfs1
15-04-2012, 14:10
I know its not popular to stick up for Ryanair but they don't charge the €/£ 6 admin fee every time something is changed to a booking !!!!

For example, if having booked a flight and then at a later stage you then want to add luggage etc you only pay the luggage fee - you dont also pay the admin again.

Chris

Vortex Wake
15-04-2012, 16:17
And at £80 including all fees from Bournemouth to Tenerife and back in June - I'm not complaining.

duracell290
16-04-2012, 14:55
Far too many whingers and moan-aholics around here about uncle Mick. The tax is being raised by the Spanish Authorities and unfortunately he passes it onto the customers on their behalf. he still provides the cheapest service to the island for most of the year, not always. If you lot are not happy with Ryanair, use Easyjet, Jet 2, Monarch, Thompson or Thomas Cook and see what you get there, maybe better maybe not, but get off the moan bus, its a thing called business, and he will give you nothing for free, who does.

Hate to see you all when he pulls out of flying to the islands and you have to use the aforementioned airlines.

DeedeeTipperary
17-04-2012, 10:24
We are flying with Ryanair this Summer and I have not heard anything about this surcharge from them yet . As I paid for our tickets with my Dads credit card I wonder if they will take it from it ?

tfs1
17-04-2012, 11:01
You only pay the 6€ at the time of the booking unless you have paid by the Ryanair Cash Passport card when this fee doesn't apply.

willowlily
17-04-2012, 14:15
We are flying with Ryanair this Summer and I have not heard anything about this surcharge from them yet . As I paid for our tickets with my Dads credit card I wonder if they will take it from it ?

judging from the email they sent me it seems they are taking the extra tax from the card with which you bought the tickets

tfs1
17-04-2012, 17:09
I think willowlily is talking about the Spanish Governments plans to increase the airport taxes that have generated emails from Ryanair to those who have booked flights involving taking off from a Spanish airport.

Ryanair have been busy over the past few days sending loads of emails, I have had 2 saying the same thing regarding the same booking !

Perhaps we can discuss what the difference is between a tax, a surcharge and a fee !

Chris