PDA

View Full Version : Other What's the first thing you do when you arrive in Tenerife?

trevorife2
25-03-2012, 19:05
Hi all

I started this thread on the old forum a couple of yrs ago...So thought id start it again on here as it had some good answers....

What is the first thing you do when u arrive in tenerife ???????

I throw suitcases down and head out for a pint ...

karinagal
25-03-2012, 19:15
I get a pint from the pool bar before I even get into the apartment! After the pint, into the cossie and in for a dip in the pool......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tizzywizzy
25-03-2012, 19:16
same as Trevorite drop my case off at apartment. Get changed into shorts and top and out the door for something to eat and drink. Later I go to supermarket and get some provisions

helhod
25-03-2012, 19:20
Go to Mecadona in Cabo Blanco get the essentials put it in freezer head for the terrace waiting paitently !!

Sal
25-03-2012, 20:21
Unpack - change into Tenerife gear, off to Spar for some essentials...................then chill! :sunbathe:

warbey
25-03-2012, 20:29
Answer is Go through Immigration and head to Carousel for Our Bags....:cheeky::cheeky:

at Our destination, We unpack and hang up Our Clothes, quick swill
and then go for food and a Drink

Been so many times We know exactly where to go.

Bonnie1964
25-03-2012, 21:02
Drop off our suitcases....change into shorts......go to Jags for something to eat and a cold beer:jumping:

Santiago
25-03-2012, 21:38
Unpack while OH goes and gets water and milk. Change into shorts and t-shirts and sit on the balcony with a nice cup of tea, and admire the view.

Stephen Coope
25-03-2012, 21:55
Get out of the airport for a cig lol

Sundowner
25-03-2012, 22:25
I get a pint from the pool bar before I even get into the apartment! After the pint, into the cossie and in for a dip in the pool......

If I recall correctly that is the same answer you gave on the old thread.......nice to know some things never change:wink:

For me it is unpack do some shopping and then out for a walk and a few beers.

karinagal
25-03-2012, 22:31
If I recall correctly that is the same answer you gave on the old thread.......nice to know some things never change:wink:

For me it is unpack do some shopping and then out for a walk and a few beers.

Some things never change!!! Having the luxury of most of my holiday clothes remaining in residence means unpacking is not a necessity.... :p

Leam_Lin
25-03-2012, 22:35
Make the bed up.
Years ago we arrived on a Sunday afternoon & went to Amigo's at Puerto Colon for a drink, lots of drinks later we just fell into bed. LOL. Made the bed up the next day.

wendle
26-03-2012, 11:37
First thing I do is always wait for the steps to be put next to the aircraft other wise it’s a very big drop. :jumping:

chifleta
26-03-2012, 11:57
depends what time it is, if it's during the day, I unpack suitcases and show OH and my son what bargains i've managed to buy in England, if it's night time I just jump into my lovely bed and groan blissfully.... tsk tsk minds out of the gutters people :sleeping: ... after visiting family in UK it's lovely to get my bed back :snore:

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 12:20
Is this all you OLDIES think about:redcard: ....bed clothes and bargains and Spar.:crazy: I travel lite,
Commando and hand luggage only... Down girls I don't want anyone hurt in the rush!!:whistle:

Added after 3 minutes:

depends what time it is, if it's during the day, I unpack suitcases and show OH and my son what bargains i've managed to buy in England, if it's night time I just jump into my lovely bed and groan blissfully.... tsk tsk minds out of the gutters people :sleeping: ... after visiting family in UK it's lovely to get my bed back :snore:

You are such a romantic!!!!!!!!! Chifleta I think you mean SNORE don't you??????:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2012, 12:32
Is this all you OLDIES think about:redcard: ....bed clothes and bargains and Spar.:crazy: I travel lite,
Commando and hand luggage only... Down girls I don't want anyone hurt in the rush!!:whistle:

Added after 3 minutes:

You are such a romantic!!!!!!!!! Chifleta I think you mean SNORE don't you??????:whistle:

Naa she means groan - been away from OH - absence makes the heart bla bla bla:cheeky:

:crazy:

chifleta
26-03-2012, 12:32

Added after 3 minutes:

LOL i've been here 20 years, I don't think about bedclothes, just my lovely comfy bed hahaha, depending where I stay in UK sometimes I have to sleep on an airbed, and after the age of 15, sleeping on airbeds just isn't as much fun :neener:

Now you called me old, I don't know whether to say the first thing I actually normally do (before groaning in my bed) is have a lovely cup of tea (PG Tips) :ashamed:

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2012, 12:46
PG !! ??

Ooooo you only get an OOOOO with Typhoooo

(for those that remember - but then chif you are old):cheeky::crylaughing:

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 13:14
LOL i've been here 20 years, I don't think about bedclothes, just my lovely comfy bed hahaha, depending where I stay in UK sometimes I have to sleep on an airbed, and after the age of 15, sleeping on airbeds just isn't as much fun :neener:

Now you called me old, I don't know whether to say the first thing I actually normally do (before groaning in my bed) is have a lovely cup of tea (PG Tips) :ashamed:

Yeah with fading memory also. First thing you do is probs put on your slippers to help your aching mingin' feet
followed by puttin' your teeth into STERADENT after such a long journey.Or at least thats what Monkey tells
me that she does!!:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2012, 13:16
Yeah with fading memory also. First thing you do is probs put on your slippers to help your aching mingin' feet
followed by puttin' your teeth into STERADENT after such a long journey.Or at least thats what Monkey tells

Oh dear - The first thing I will do is find you and slap you !:smack::fryingpan::cheeky:

and it's bleach not Steradent:eyebrows:

chifleta
26-03-2012, 13:21

yup, I take my teeth out, along with my wig, false eyelashes, wonderbra, nothing like getting home to sunny Tenerife and being comfy :eyebrows:

LOL I was going to finally put an photo of me up, but i've changed my mind now :spin:

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 13:23
Oh dear - The first thing I will do is find you and slap you !:smack::fryingpan::cheeky:

and it's bleach not Steradent:eyebrows:

Oh Dear!! Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!!! It's worse than I thought.... my mother used Steradent but my GRANDMOTHER used bleach:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
26-03-2012, 13:28
Oh Dear!! Oh Dear!!! Oh Dear!!!! It's worse than I thought.... my mother used Steradent but my GRANDMOTHER used bleach:whistle:

so did mine !!! she had a "going out" pair too for special occasions:D

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 13:38

You're OH's must be martyrs.......probs fantastic anglers , with lots of patience and probs need
lots of :drinking:

Added after 12 minutes:

yup, I take my teeth out, along with my wig, false eyelashes, wonderbra, nothing like getting home to sunny Tenerife and being comfy :eyebrows:

LOL I was going to finally put an photo of me up, but i've changed my mind now :spin:

AH!!! go on Chifleta, but make sure you are wearing your false wig and your wonderlashes
Afriend of mine has a photo of me on his mantlepiece....He says it keeps his kids away
from the fire!!:whistle:

Suej
26-03-2012, 18:18

When my Nan thought she was taking Alka Saltzer the Plink Plonk Fizz turned out to be steradent tablets! she was a bit worse for wear at the time so made the simple mistake! she didn't have a hangover and had the freshest of breath in the morning!!!:laugh:

tracy hampshire
26-03-2012, 18:33
A GRAT BIG KISS, for my other half & my little dog lily xxxx

dolmard
26-03-2012, 19:21
First thing to do : drink a pint of Dorada staring at the sea or the Teide while planning for some trek around the island and finally relax swimming in the ocean or the pool. Then i had to find a good supermarket with good wine to buy some supplies (i'm french so this is a quite long step). Then enjoy these 3 short weeks with my wife and daughter. By the way what is the best theme park in Tenerife for a 6 yo girl in Tenerife ? I hope you can help.

emmess
26-03-2012, 19:56
Go to Mecadona in Cabo Blanco get the essentials put it in freezer head for the terrace waiting paitently !!

Well I do that too - only I do it a week before online (quite the excitement too), so.... unlock, dump the hand luggage, open the patio doors to see how big our tree has (over)grown :pray:, dig out the kids swimming gear, then if it's open go for a happy hour at Rosies and watch the front door for Mercadona bringing my order whilst watching the kids in the pool - lovely.

First thing to do : drink a pint of Dorada staring at the sea or the Teide while planning for some trek around the island and finally relax swimming in the ocean or the pool. Then i had to find a good supermarket with good wine to buy some supplies (i'm french so this is a quite long step). Then enjoy these 3 short weeks with my wife and daughter. By the way what is the best theme park in Tenerife for a 6 yo girl in Tenerife ? I hope you can help.

If she's good at swimming - Siam Park. Search on here, there are plenty of threads on it. If not, Las Aguillas Jungle Park (bit like a zoo) or Loro Park (much bigger animal park up in the North of the island) are good IMO. There are no 'theme parks' here with rollercoasters etc. Unless you count the waves on the beach :laugh: Enjoy your time!

dolmard
26-03-2012, 20:14
If she's good at swimming - Siam Park. Search on here, there are plenty of threads on it. If not, Las Aguillas Jungle Park (bit like a zoo) or Loro Park (much bigger animal park up in the North of the island) are good IMO. There are no 'theme parks' here with rollercoasters etc. Unless you count the waves on the beach :laugh: Enjoy your time!

Thank you emmess. Does she really need to be a good swimmer to enjoy Siam Park ? (She's learning swimming at the moment i can't be sure she can swim without bracers in july...). Anyway it's not the topic of this thread. I'll have a look on Siam Park web site and other topics about. Thanks.

emmess
26-03-2012, 20:25
I should have said "not afraid of water" - they have armbands for some of the rides. You might want to check the height restrictions on some of the rides but I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time in Lost City on it's own. She'll also be able to go on the lazy river, Mekong Rapids and probably Naga Racer - my daughter loved all of those when she was 6.

TenerifeFanatic
26-03-2012, 20:49
Unpack...stuff the safe.......have a wee drinkie....visit Mercadona, come home via Spanish Style..then the holiday commences!!:jumping:

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 21:48

OH DEAR!! OH DEAR!!! We may have the same grandmother.....must've been leading a double life!!
:whistle:

trevorife2
26-03-2012, 22:06
great replies so far ........keep them up :idea:

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 22:07
First thing, coming off the 6 am flight, is pick up a car and head for Delicious Del Teide in Las Chafiras for brekkie (11.15 )
Spanish tortilla y Barraquito con, or else the petrol station,coming out the coast road from Las Galletas... THEN I KNOW
that I've arrived. Bien.:cheeky:

trevorife2
26-03-2012, 22:09
First thing, coming off the 6 am flight, is pick up a car and head for Delicious Del Teide in Las Chafiras for brekkie (11.15 )
Spanish tortilla y Barraquito con, or else the petrol station,coming out the coast road from Las Galletas... THEN I KNOW
that I've arrived. Bien.:cheeky:

6am flight ?? not monarch from birmingham then?? assume your from brum ??

Leam_Lin
26-03-2012, 22:28

Mmmm...............................08.15 Monarch ex B'ham or maybe Ryanair.

M

kingbaker
26-03-2012, 22:47

From Dublin usually around 6 am arriving at about 1015 --1030...Fab in early Jan...about 90mins out of Dublin, sunset in reverse on port side headin' south.Fab when we havn't seen much sun for weeks, ALSO being first at the front foor when they open up and the rush of Tenerife hot air, is like somebody turning a hairdryer on full blast into your face. Now I
know that I've arrived. Its hard to beat it!!!!!:cheeky:
And RYANAIR of course

Almost better than s*x!!!

Added after 4 minutes:

Mmmm...............................08.15 Monarch ex B'ham or maybe Ryanair.

M

I thought you lived in Tenerife!! That'll teach me to think, on an empty stomach!!!:)

JillADavidson
04-04-2012, 21:17
What are they like, my grandmother would use Toilet Duck when visiting, if she couldn't find any bleach.:wave:

chifleta
04-04-2012, 21:29
A GRAT BIG KISS, for my other half & my little dog lily xxxx

have to change that to "hubby" now :-)