PDA

View Full Version : Other What's the best way to advertise in Tenerife?

terrapin
27-03-2012, 18:46
Hi, can I have peoples opinions please on ways to advertise, in this climate when things are quiet we all need to advertise what we have and what we are doing. I have invested in a couple of ways one is doing great and I can monitor it, the other a waste of money. Was just wondering how other businesses were advertising. Thanks

tonypub
27-03-2012, 18:52
facebook,everyone(nearly)uses it.click on my link below

CIM
28-03-2012, 00:37
Facebook can be very good for some businesses (bars especially) and allows business owners to directly interact with a large market - putting their personalities across which can be very good for reputation, building a brand. It is also completely free, something many business owners fail to consider when deciding on what to put their efforts into.

Other marketing strategies here are local press if appropriate to your business, radio (if you are looking at ongoing brand building) or many different forms of advertising online.

Online advertising can be your own website or articles on other websites where the readership would be interested in the business you have and services/products you offer (Can you enlighten us as to what it is you actually do/want to advertise??) You can use Pay per click with relevant ads in Google/Yahoo/Bing. You could invest in SEO/SEM to push your website up the search engines onto page one and hopefully into position one. You could try affiliate marketing where ask for other associated business to recommend you to their existing and future clients for a fee per client/sale or network with people in associated industries with reciprocal arrangements to promote one another.

It really depends on what you do, what you want your advertising to achieve and what your long term goals are as to which of these methods are the most suitable.

slodgedad
28-03-2012, 00:42
Facebook can be very good for some businesses (bars especially) and allows business owners to directly interact with a large market - putting their personalities across which can be very good for reputation, building a brand. It is also completely free, something many business owners fail to consider when deciding on what to put their efforts into.

Other marketing strategies here are local press if appropriate to your business, radio (if you are looking at ongoing brand building) or many different forms of advertising online.

Online advertising can be your own website or articles on other websites where the readership would be interested in the business you have and services/products you offer (Can you enlighten us as to what it is you actually do/want to advertise??) You can use Pay per click with relevant ads in Google/Yahoo/Bing. You could invest in SEO/SEM to push your website up the search engines onto page one and hopefully into position one. You could try affiliate marketing where ask for other associated business to recommend you to their existing and future clients for a fee per client/sale or network with people in associated industries with reciprocal arrangements to promote one another.

It really depends on what you do, what you want your advertising to achieve and what your long term goals are as to which of these methods are the most suitable.

You could also place an ad on the Forum:::

Sunshine Hire
28-03-2012, 02:02
After speaking to other forum members it seems here is one of the best places to advertise.

tonypub
28-03-2012, 02:23
After speaking to other forum members it seems here is one of the best places to advertise.through facebook i get detailed info of where my hits come from,tenerife forum was always top by a long way from the banner i used to have here

bonitatime
28-03-2012, 12:46
We use Facebook, radio, and newspapers
We have a website which I am sure we are not promoting to its potential but it is linked in a fair number of places

www.soydeltete.es

Zara
28-03-2012, 12:55
We use Facebook, radio, and newspapers
We have a website which I am sure we are not promoting to its potential but it is linked in a fair number of places

www.soydeltete.es

But do they link to you - it has got to work both ways :wink:

terrapin
28-03-2012, 14:07
Thank you all for the replies very useful. Will look into a few of the options. Cheers

bonitatime
28-03-2012, 15:54
But do they link to you - it has got to work both ways :wink:

The opposite they have our link

www.soydeltete.es

louisecox
30-03-2012, 10:58
Web pages are good but only if people know about the business.

jusseppe
30-03-2012, 13:37
facebook or Google Adwords (you can target geographicaly). What kind of business have you got?