PDA

View Full Version : Joining a forum and first postings

DaveRF
11-06-2011, 19:09
I know there doesn't seem to be anything in the rules now about having a minimum post requirement before advertising but at least an introductory post would be good manners.

It just amazes me that people join a forum and bang, post something for sale without having made any other posts. Am I just picky and old fashioned?

slodgedad
11-06-2011, 19:16
The rules do apply, Dave, but we have temporarily relaxed them as everyone is a new member at the moment.

It is being closely monitored though as some will, no doubt, try to abuse it.

DaveRF
11-06-2011, 19:17
The rules do apply, Dave, but we have temporarily relaxed them as everyone is a new member at the moment.

It is being closely monitored though as some will, no doubt, try to abuse it.

I just think it's a bit rude and taking liberties.

sunspot
11-06-2011, 19:18
No Dave, i have to agree,i think its only good manners to introduce yourself on the first post.
Im looking for a job,or im selling whatever is not a good way to get started on a forum

AL JAY
11-06-2011, 19:38
Totally agree Dave i think there a quite a few who just see the forum as a classified ads page!!! ....................................... and people spelling Los Cristianos with a H in it also grates my gears!!!

Harmonicaman
11-06-2011, 19:44
Totally agree Dave i think there a quite a few who just see the forum as a classified ads page!!! ....................................... and people spelling Los Cristianos with a H in it also grates my gears!!!
Or hola! without an "H":lol: