PDA

View Full Version : Other End of an era. The Full Monty closes in the Patch, Las Americas

pablo1
28-03-2012, 14:40
*Please note that The Full Monty Bar is open and has relocated to the other side of The Patch, where Central Station Bar used to be* - Mod edit

I was informed earlier today that The Full Monty bar on The Patch closes it's doors tonight for the last time. Having spent a lot of my late teens and 20's in that area I have nothing but fond memories of the place and I'm genuinely gutted that it's now just another bar confined to the Tenerife scrapheap.

I hope it's not another nail in the coffin for The Patch as I know that many people travelled far and wide to visit and in doing so used some of the smaller bars helping keep them afloat.

Good luck to the staff, hope they all find work in the tough climate that Tenerife finds itself in, and thanks for the good times over the last 15 or so years. I for one will miss it.

grumps
28-03-2012, 15:04
have 2 say i`m very surprised..i thought it was always pretty busy in there.

SuzyQ
28-03-2012, 16:24
Just saw it on jamie Drews Facebook. Such a shame, that was one of THE places to be when I moved here in ´97. :(

Bradybunch
28-03-2012, 16:27
My son and his mates will be devastated they spent most of their holiday in that bar in June last year and were making it a definate when they come back later this year. They said they made some great friends and felt so welcome what a shame.

seanocelt
28-03-2012, 18:30
I believe the Dubliner/Gaelic Corner have bought it.

AL JAY
28-03-2012, 20:06
I also had some great times in there in the early 90s when it was called the "Mull of Kintyre/Spud pub the owner was a crazy Glaswegian named Allie and after that it became Dennis the Menace 2,Freddie Looney tunes was in a duo with Martin (Rod Stewart) and the whole of the Patch was bouncing,it then changed to The Full Monty and always seemed busy,great location and sad to see it will become part of the Dubliner/Gaelic corner! Oh for the good old days!!!

seanocelt
28-03-2012, 20:19
I recall the days of Martin (r.i.p.) and Freddie there. When it was Full Monty at start, the compere was mental, but funny, cant recall his name? Big guy, letting off fire extinguishers at a certain nationality.

Sal
28-03-2012, 20:26
It happens all the time - I never believed that Summer nights in LC would close - but it did! :(

marbro8
28-03-2012, 20:33
one of the first bars we went into after people on the forum recommended it on this forum about 6 or 7 years ago, there was a Chinese looking entertainer singing elvis songs lol, but a great night, i compiled a list of bars to go into with the help that we received from the forum when we first started coming over, princess diana bar was another with gangsters and both of those had shut before we got to try them:( the measure of a bar is in its longevity, if it's still open after say 10 years then whatever they are doing it's working:wink:

Sal
28-03-2012, 20:36
The first time we visited Tenerife was brilliant, so the following year we returned to the same area, only to find so many bars and restaurants had closed. One never knows what will remain the same on return the following year.

marbro8
28-03-2012, 20:52
The first time we visited Tenerife was brilliant, so the following year we returned to the same area, only to find so many bars and restaurants had closed. One never knows what will remain the same on return the following year.tbh sal nothing is guaranteed to last forever, if they take their finger off the pulse or make a couple of mistakes they are doomed, they say if you go somewhere and have a good service you tell a couple of people but if you have a bad one you tell 10 people, so you are only as good as your last service, but i would stake my life on when we land on the 14th may and dump the bags taylors lounge will be open for our first drink:wink:

Sal
28-03-2012, 21:01
Taylors is always heaving........................but I can remember Summer Nites being like that - at one time. Nothing is guaranteed in Tenerife. :(

Harmonicaman
28-03-2012, 21:44
Taylors is always heaving........................but I can remember Summer Nites being like that - at one time. Nothing is guaranteed in Tenerife. :(

I heaved in Taylors once...bad curry ruined my 15 pints.

DOREEN QUINN
29-03-2012, 00:18
So sad, Dennis the Menace's was the first place I worked when I first came here 16 years ago, very fong memories of The Patch

slodgedad
29-03-2012, 00:28
When I moved here in 94 the patch was the place to go for humans and Veronicas for the rest.:p

Sad to see it going down but as has been said, finger on pulse.

A lot of the bars have sat back and relied on returners but with the pace of change these days, and the abundance of info (as the Forum is) those that didn't keep up were left behind.

I know to my own detriment--

Vortex Wake
29-03-2012, 09:00
I believe the Dubliner/Gaelic Corner have bought it.

Yes that is correct .

DJ Dangerous
31-03-2012, 23:35
The Full Monty didn't shut due to a downturn or anything, rather due to receiving an offer that they simply could not refuse!

seanocelt
01-04-2012, 01:56
Horse's head in the bed too?

slodgedad
01-04-2012, 02:03
Horse's head in the bed too?

:respect::redcard::lol::idea::bowdown:

pablo1
01-04-2012, 02:22
I knew felipe didn't like the pr's but buying the bar to get rid of them is a bit much eh Dave !!

stevem
01-04-2012, 08:44
Absolute shame, we loved the Full Monty bar at San Telmo too :(

Ricman
01-04-2012, 17:34
Seem to remember a compare they had in the mid nineties called Jim Diamond ???. This man was absolutely filthy & funny, really really over the top & crude. Most English women walked out in disgust when they realised what he had said about bodily functions etc. but it was regularly packed with Skandy girls who did not comprehend exactly what he meant ( or did they but didn`t believe it)

Last time I was in was for a Forum arranged 40 th. birthday party for a bloke from Bradford

mini--c
08-07-2012, 16:46
My bro just came back from tenerife and told me this was closed shuch a shame me and my gf spent most nite here last summer as the entertainment was class and the prs where sound.

tonypub
08-07-2012, 18:55
full monty is now re-appearing at the old central station

KirstyJay
08-07-2012, 19:59
full monty is now re-appearing at the old central station

What happened to central station then?

warbey
08-07-2012, 20:01
It was closed when We visited last February.

Someone thought they had relocated nearby.

imablue
08-07-2012, 20:09
What happened to central station then?

Closed ......think the owners moved onto Callao Salvaje..
Would think peeps on PS2 may be concerned about noise levels from the proposed Full Monty ...

Stephen Coope
14-07-2012, 00:44
I was in the full monty on the opening night at the old central station i only had the one drink though thet were having bother with the new lines so it took a fair time to get your drink but the beer was ok when you got it