PDA

View Full Version : Is this the real thing?

Zara
28-05-2011, 18:42
Is this forum here to stay or is it only temporary and if you get in touch with Zarion will all the info from today be lost or transferred?

The reason I ask is I donīt want to waste my time adding avatars, signatures etc if in a couple of days we are back to the old TF-

Thanks

Pooh
28-05-2011, 18:48
I'm just the Tech guy, but what we hope to do is to merge the two... so if we get hold of Zarion, the old data is merged with this.
I wouldn't hold my breath for that happening in the near future, though... from the looks of things, it will probably take months, if indeed it ever will happen.

CIM
28-05-2011, 18:58
Iīd crack on as though this is the permanent home for the foreseeable future so add sigs, avatars etc...

Nicky
28-05-2011, 19:23
my problem is remembering passwords.... mind aint what it used to be....lol x

Sal
28-05-2011, 19:27
my problem is remembering passwords.... mind aint what it used to be....lol x

You think you have problems?!?!?!?!? :crazy:

Nicky
28-05-2011, 19:29
You think you have problems?!?!?!?!? :crazy:
haha we all a lil gaga i think lol XX

Ooops footy back ... brb xx

Zara
28-05-2011, 19:46
I'm just the Tech guy, but what we hope to do is to merge the two... so if we get hold of Zarion, the old data is merged with this.
I wouldn't hold my breath for that happening in the near future, though... from the looks of things, it will probably take months, if indeed it ever will happen.

I donīt seem to have a thanks button so thanks for your reply.

Being the Techi I have just saved my signature and nothing happened. Also
I canīt get to add an avatar, or
see subscriptions and
not getting email notifications

Sorry a long list and I donīt expect you to sort overnight but just though you should be aware as obviously some people, like yourself and Sal can add signatures.

Iīd crack on as though this is the permanent home for the foreseeable future so add sigs, avatars etc...

So CIM is your hand in this new venture - hope you are not planning on charging us :crazy:

Pooh
28-05-2011, 19:59
I donīt seem to have a thanks button so thanks for your reply.

Being the Techi I have just saved my signature and nothing happened. Also
I canīt get to add an avatar, or
see subscriptions and
not getting email notifications

Sorry a long list and I donīt expect you to sort overnight but just though you should be aware as obviously some people, like yourself and Sal can add signatures.

Avatars are coming, Not activated yet... Same with Thank you buttons. Not sure what the deal was with your Sig - I see you have one now?
Email notifications and Subscriptions should work, (it does for some, at least), but there is a lot that needs to be straightened out in the beginning, so there might still be some issues with this we thought was ok.

Zara
28-05-2011, 20:08
Thanks Pooh - I know what you mean - bloody members always want perfection from the get-go :eyebrows:

Pooh
28-05-2011, 20:14
Thanks Pooh - I know what you mean - bloody members always want perfection from the get-go :eyebrows:

We prioritized getting it at all online asap... then try to fix the mess, but with a live forum. :-)
Custom Avatars are now enabled. (There are no standard ones online yet, though.)

doreen
28-05-2011, 20:15
While we are talking about Zara's signature ... to her great blog ... we have several bloggers we hope will reregister - canarybird, chuffy, mrs chuffy (sorry, can't remember her forum name) .... what's this about intergrating blogs here - I see the "blog this post" ... is that all it is ?

EDIT ... and sgd of course, who is already back

sgd
28-05-2011, 20:22
Thanks Doreen :) Yes, I am here now. Well done to everyone that has worked to get this up and running.

Vortex Wake
28-05-2011, 20:25
Can we have an 'un-thank, slap round the face with a wet kipper' button too, for when Jimandsi appears

Alivee
28-05-2011, 20:28
I've got my avatar back ! :)

doreen
Can we have an 'un-thank, slap round the face with a wet kipper' button too, for when Jimandsi appears

A nurse ratchet was an early registree ... you don't think:eek:

Sal

Maybe we have lost jimandsi altogether!!!! :eek:

Zara
28-05-2011, 20:29
You guys are quick - millions of thanks xxx

Sal
28-05-2011, 20:31
Good innit? Thanks button next!

.................and now I am a fully-fledged "Member" - no longer a Newbie!!! Woooop woooop!

sunspot
28-05-2011, 20:34

They are doing a grand job, everythings just falling into place....................:cheer:

with cheese
28-05-2011, 21:14

I am not sure what to have as an Avatar, what do you think Zara,

with cheese
28-05-2011, 21:15

.................and now I am a fully-fledged "Member" - no longer a Newbie!!! Woooop woooop!

Hi Sal, how are you

Zara
28-05-2011, 22:17
I am not sure what to have as an Avatar, what do you think Zara,

a cheese sarnie
http://www.4tnz.com/files/wallesandwich_0.jpg

admin
28-05-2011, 23:25
A nurse ratchet was an early registree ... you don't think:eek:No. that is one of the mod's wives. :)

AJP
28-05-2011, 23:32
Maybe we have lost jimandsi altogether!!!! :eek:

Oh please, God only ever produced 1 miracle per day,lets be grateful the forums back,lets have a few days free of the vitriol coming from the south west of England

doreen
28-05-2011, 23:36
No. that is one of the mod's wives. :)

That kind of narrows the field :)

Zara
28-05-2011, 23:43
Oh please, God only ever produced 1 miracle per day,lets be grateful the forums back,lets have a few days free of the vitriol coming from the south west of England

Admit it - You know you would miss him - who would there be for you pick on :doh:

with cheese
28-05-2011, 23:44
Does he like cheese.

onelegnofeet
29-05-2011, 12:26
And why did i not an email seeking permission to start a forum ???.....................typical !!!

Does he like cheese.

NO! thats Wallace and Grommit ................

Suej
29-05-2011, 12:50
Where can I locate the earlier threads please? there only appears to be one page of threads that I can see??????

dede
29-05-2011, 12:52
Where can I locate the earlier threads please? there only appears to be one page of threads that I can see??????

Yes same for me Sue

softlad
29-05-2011, 14:08
glad the site is back and running

DeedeeTipperary
29-05-2011, 20:54
Not being very computer savvy I would not have a clue how much effort it takes to have a site like this up and running , and I am sorry to say I have taken it for granted . Boy did I miss it for the last few days , many thanks to Zara for pointing me in the right direction . Four weeks today and I shall hit your beautiful Tenerife with a bang :) , so many thanks to all you who have got this site back on its two feet i really appreciate it .

LindaD
29-05-2011, 21:03
I was so glad to find the site again - have to admit I was on "the other forum" and a post on there said that this forum was up and running again on another domain!!!!! I kept searching and luckily found it, phew!!!! Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to put this one together so quickly. Hope someone lets Al Jay know about this new one!!!!!!

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 21:07
Hi Linda, welcome back.:)

LindaD
29-05-2011, 21:11
Hi Linda, welcome back.:)
Hi HM - Glad to BE back - thought it was lost forever!!!! Been on so many sites today looking for this I came across your photos of the Forth Road Bridge, etc - excellent. Was it on here I saw them???!!!

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 21:13
Hi HM - Glad to BE back - thought it was lost forever!!!! Been on so many sites today looking for this I came across your photos of the Forth Road Bridge, etc - excellent. Was it on here I saw them???!!!
I put them on both forums. Don't know which set you found...:)

LindaD
29-05-2011, 21:17
I put them on both forums. Don't know which set you found...:)
Not sure either HM, but there were a few with Tizzy on the bridge, a lovely bird photo (feathery type!!), houses below the bridge, etc - just to say I thought they were awfy guid (certainly blustery as you said)!!!!

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 21:22
Welcome back, Linda..Bit hard to find but worth it in the end..;)

LindaD
29-05-2011, 21:25
Welcome back, Linda..Bit hard to find but worth it in the end..;)
Thanks Slodgie - don't know what I would've done if I hadn't found it - just shows how much we all enjoy this forum :-}

TenerifeFanatic
29-05-2011, 21:40
Hello everyone!!!! Felt as if I'd had my hands cut off!! Really missed this place and all my "virtual pals". Was starting to hallucinate and have panic attacks!!(Sitting blowing into a brown paper bag as we speak!!)

LindaD
29-05-2011, 21:42
Hello everyone!!!! Felt as if I'd had my hands cut off!! Really missed this place and all my "virtual pals". Was starting to hallucinate and have panic attacks!!(Sitting blowing into a brown paper bag as we speak!!)
Hi TF - welcome back too - good to see all the old "faces"!!!!!!!!!

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 21:42
Hi Liz Anne, where you been?:)

TenerifeFanatic
29-05-2011, 21:45
Hi Liz Anne, where you been?:)Been a bit busy, but frantically searching in between times!!