PDA

View Full Version : So how many Mercadona reuseable bags have you got?

sunspot
11-06-2011, 20:17
Thought it was a good idea to buy the reuseable shopping bags in Mercadona now that you have to pay for the plastic ones but not once in the last 4 weeks have i remembered to take them in,even yesterday when we got to the checkout and remembered they were in the car so had to pay for plastic ones,anyone else so unforgetfull

Chris P. Bacon
11-06-2011, 20:21
We have three of them although we do not buy that much there any more. Once we have brought the shopping up we put them by the door and the next one down will put them in the boot of the car. Simples, it's just called being organised :lol:

BTW Iceland is charging from 13th June, long overdue :doh:

TenerifeTeddy
11-06-2011, 20:23
I have done exactly the same for the last 3 trips, IŽve now got a large collection of bags, so if I ever need to do a Super Shop IŽll be fine - if I can ever remember them:lol:

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 20:24
We have three of them although we do not buy that much there any more. Once we have brought the shopping up we put them by the door and the next one down will put them in the boot of the car. Simples, it's just called being organised :lol:

mmmm ,i will have to get my old bag sorted out

cainaries
11-06-2011, 20:28
Thought it was a good idea to buy the reuseable shopping bags in Mercadona now that you have to pay for the plastic ones but not once in the last 4 weeks have i remembered to take them in,even yesterday when we got to the checkout and remembered they were in the car so had to pay for plastic ones,anyone else so unforgetfull
Same happened to me here in HiperDino and I was really tempted to hold up the whole queue while I dashed back to the car park for my bag!
As San Martin here do not allow you to take in anything but your purse I'm wondering how they're going to enforce this law. Perhaps we will all have to shop in pairs with the second shopper standing just outside the shop with the bag.

sunspot
11-06-2011, 20:31
The Bags in Mercadona are stamped when you buy them so they know you have paid for it,the problem is remembering to pick the bags up in the first place.................

cainaries
11-06-2011, 20:36
The Bags in Mercadona are stamped when you buy them so they know you have paid for it,the problem is remembering to pick the bags up in the first place.................
But surely you're still starting your shop with an empty carrier bag ... or not ... I'm confused. San Martin is obsessed with theft so they're convinced if they allow you in at all you are probably only going in there to steal from them. There is one corner of the local shop with no cctv where the water and fizzy drinks are as it happens and as we go in to get water we tread on empty crisp packets, juice cartons, biscuit wrappers, chocolate wrappers, empty beer bottles hidden behind the water ... and I'm putting even money on most of these being left by their own staff.

sunspot
11-06-2011, 20:44
Yes you are walking around the store with your empty bag..........

henry
11-06-2011, 20:47
i have a less 8 raffle bags from carrefour so i allways use them when i go to lidi, iceland,and other supermakets. but you know carrefour plastic bags only cost a penny per bag. and the raffle bags only 0.50 cents.

Pooh
11-06-2011, 21:00
I used to be used to always take my bags when I went grocery shopping, back in my home country... now I'm sure I'll always forget them. :doh:
But there it was also quite simple, since we used self-scanning, and just put the things in the bags directly from the shelves.

primrose
11-06-2011, 21:03

Yes me, third week in a row I have bought reuseable ones, have now got a cupboard full, buy reuseable ones as the plastic always break before I get them home.:doh:

sunspot
11-06-2011, 21:08
Yes me, third week in a row I have bought reuseable ones, have now got a cupboard full, buy reuseable ones as the plastic always break before I get them home.:doh:

Yes they do Primrose,we must remember to take the bags,i dont know about you but im having alot of senior moments lately

primrose
11-06-2011, 21:18
Yes they do Primrose,we must remember to take the bags,i dont know about you but im having alot of senior moments lately

Yes me too, I have about 15 reusable ones now from Mercadona but will come in useful when Iceland stop giving out bags, thats if I can remember to take them.

balcon
11-06-2011, 21:21

My dog has the most expensive poo bags now I have to pay for them, I just keep forgetting to take the reuseable ones so have no choice but to pay

caroletenerife
11-06-2011, 21:25
its playing havoc with the carrier bag donations in the charity shop. Im trying to encourage people to bring their own. I agree with the supermarkets charging for them though, Ive even invested in a granny shopping trolley, well i had to give in to old age eventually :surrender:

primrose
11-06-2011, 22:07
its playing havoc with the carrier bag donations in the charity shop. Im trying to encourage people to bring their own. I agree with the supermarkets charging for them though, Ive even invested in a granny shopping trolley, well i had to give in to old age eventually :surrender:

So have I bought one today, but I bet I forget to take that as well as the bags.:doh:

cainaries
11-06-2011, 22:34
Wouldn't it be good if the shops put up signs by the trolleys saying 'have you got your re-usable bag?' - probably just too easy to do that.

Jackie
11-06-2011, 22:36
I do one big shop per month so bought 3 of the large red white and blue checked bags from one of the chinese shops, they cost 1 euro each and are enormous. Just put them in the empty trolley and start filling, then get a strong man to lift it into the boot of the car. I have one of the Hyper Dino ones that folds up into another little bag with a popper on it. It is very small when packed and I always leave it in my handbag just in case I have to get any bits while I am out.

primrose
11-06-2011, 22:52
I do one big shop per month so bought 3 of the large red white and blue checked bags from one of the chinese shops, they cost 1 euro each and are enormous. Just put them in the empty trolley and start filling, then get a strong man to lift it into the boot of the car. I have one of the Hyper Dino ones that folds up into another little bag with a popper on it. It is very small when packed and I always leave it in my handbag just in case I have to get any bits while I am out.

I have two of the Hyper Dino one's as well as all my Mercadona one's, some from Carrefore and now have a shopping trolley, can somebody please tell me how I remember to take them with me.:confused:

sunspot
11-06-2011, 22:55
I have two of the Hyper Dino one's as well as all my Mercadona one's, some from Carrefore and now have a shopping trolley, can somebody please tell me how I remember to take them with me.:confused:

Soon as you get an answer to that one Primrose let me know

Chris P. Bacon
11-06-2011, 23:00
Come on girls, scroll back to post #2 :lol:

primrose
11-06-2011, 23:08

I fold them up all neat and tidy put them in the cupboard and don't think about them any more till I am walking through the supermarket door and see people walking out with their bags.:crazy:

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 00:35
So have I bought one today, but I bet I forget to take that as well as the bags.:doh:
Oh done that, its soooo annoying!!

Added after 3 minutes:

next time you meet a strong man thats willing to carry your shopping....get his number, dying breed x

timmylish
12-06-2011, 00:49
Now Ladies, I may be missing the obvious but surely the following applies. Carrier bags in boot and leave for a short while. Proceed to trolley bay (with key tag removing the need to pay one € for trolley), shop till you drop placing all your goods in a neat manner with a mixture of tinned and bottled goods being easily reached first at cash point. Proceed to next station, the check out and pay, always remembering to have your purse open to enable payment be made as opposed to waiting for the assistant to tell you 3 or 4 times the cost of the purchases when of course speck savers would have enabled you know this before having someone translate the cost to you. (Same procedure to be followed when paying for petrol or using an ATM). Transfer goods back into trolley and proceed to Car Park. Open boot of car and open up pre-purchased shopping bags of various types. Insert goods into bags. Close boot and return trolley. On arriving back home empty goods and place carrier bags adjacent to car keys to enable you place these bags back where they belong, the boot of your car. Following this procedure enables you shop with the minimum of pain and discomfort AND, if followed to the letter prevents very aggravated male shoppers wondering how on earth you actually have survived shopping this century!

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 00:51
I got a granny shopping trolley from Chinese Warehouse, got wheels too! Perfect size for Ryanair (minus the wheels) can get 32 sleeves in!!!!!!!

rosemary
12-06-2011, 10:47
yep the only way to remember is to hang them on the front door knob when youŽve unloaded.

Jackie
12-06-2011, 10:56
Oh done that, its soooo annoying!!

Added after 3 minutes:

next time you meet a strong man thats willing to carry your shopping....get his number, dying breed x

Carole I have to say it is normally the poor Taxi driver lol. I don't drive so if hubby is in the UK and I need to go shopping then it is a Taxi home. I have to say I have never had a taxi driver that doesn't carry the bags all the way into the house for me. I think they are just trying to show off the fact that they can carry such a heavy bag on their own but hey, that is OK by me:lol::lol:

primrose
12-06-2011, 12:00
Now Ladies, I may be missing the obvious but surely the following applies. Carrier bags in boot and leave for a short while. Proceed to trolley bay (with key tag removing the need to pay one € for trolley), shop till you drop placing all your goods in a neat manner with a mixture of tinned and bottled goods being easily reached first at cash point. Proceed to next station, the check out and pay, always remembering to have your purse open to enable payment be made as opposed to waiting for the assistant to tell you 3 or 4 times the cost of the purchases when of course speck savers would have enabled you know this before having someone translate the cost to you. (Same procedure to be followed when paying for petrol or using an ATM). Transfer goods back into trolley and proceed to Car Park. Open boot of car and open up pre-purchased shopping bags of various types. Insert goods into bags. Close boot and return trolley. On arriving back home empty goods and place carrier bags adjacent to car keys to enable you place these bags back where they belong, the boot of your car. Following this procedure enables you shop with the minimum of pain and discomfort AND, if followed to the letter prevents very aggravated male shoppers wondering how on earth you actually have survived shopping this century!

Timmy thats all well and good if have the bags in the car boot, but what do you do when you get to the checkout and remember they are in your cupboard at home.???