PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a Thai Restaurant in south Tenerife?

little voice
30-03-2012, 13:31
Does anyone know where I can get a really good tai Meal in South Tenerife Thanks Lesley

Greg
30-03-2012, 18:22
Thai Botanico in the Safari Center is a great restaurant. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. It's also very close to the best bars in the south too. Enjoy!

Tom & Sharon
31-03-2012, 00:36
Thai Botanico in the Safari Center is a great restaurant. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. It's also very close to the best bars in the south too. Enjoy!

Agreed! :c2::c2::c2:

Marjan Howard
31-03-2012, 03:04
Yes Thai Botanico can't get any better on the Island.

SparklySkies
14-06-2013, 13:52
Haven't seen any on my first few days of wondering..??

Jumpinjax
14-06-2013, 13:59
It is located upstairs in Safari Centre in the corner next door to Harry's Bar

golazzo
14-06-2013, 16:11

Best bars in the south IMO are on the El Mirador strip. At least they don't rip you off.

Red
16-06-2013, 23:40
Best bars in the south IMO are on the El Mirador strip. At least they don't rip you off.

It is expensive down there but nice to have a night there. Never ever eaten Thai in Tenerife but very nearly tried Thai Botanico on last visit. Would be interested to know if it's authentic or just 'good' as in tasty oriental food.

My preference would be a proper small family owned Thai restaurant but none in LC or PDLA that I know of.

slodgedad
17-06-2013, 00:36
The most popular Thai restaurant in south Tenerife was the King and I in Garden City, San Eugenio which closed a couple of years ago.

The owners have now opened up again in Los Cristianos, see HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?24652-King-amp-I-Thai-Restaurant-Los-Cristianos-Tenerife).

I have not tried the new one but if it's as good as the original it will be good.

Read the couple of members' comments in the link above.

Taylor
17-06-2013, 00:59
It is expensive down there but nice to have a night there. Never ever eaten Thai in Tenerife but very nearly tried Thai Botanico on last visit. Would be interested to know if it's authentic or just 'good' as in tasty oriental food.

My preference would be a proper small family owned Thai restaurant but none in LC or PDLA that I know of.

It's Authentic as you can get Thai being my favourite Food in the world, Menu is comprehensive without being huge, never had a bad meal and I go at least once a week.

seanocelt
17-06-2013, 01:29
Had good reports of new, small, family owned Thai restauarant in Los Cris, called "Thai Restaurant". Its along from San Telmo on the street above the beach, near old April Fool Bar for us veterans! Will try it and report, unless one of you beat me to it! Its exactly where Slodgedad says, just not seen a sign saying " King and I" but he is usually correct!

rosemary
17-06-2013, 11:01
Where is san telmo and where is the April Fools Bar please?

Red
17-06-2013, 11:10
It's Authentic as you can get Thai being my favourite Food in the world, Menu is comprehensive without being huge, never had a bad meal and I go at least once a week.

Thanks Taylor, that's some testimony. Ill defo give it a go in Nov when back.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The most popular Thai restaurant in south Tenerife was the King and I in Garden City, San Eugenio which closed a couple of years ago.

The owners have now opened up again in Los Cristianos, see HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?24652-King-amp-I-Thai-Restaurant-Los-Cristianos-Tenerife).

I have not tried the new one but if it's as good as the original it will be good.

Read the couple of members' comments in the link above.

I do remember this place when at garden city but never went. Noticed it had reopened in LC when out there in April but it looked dead when I passed each time. Ill check your link for reports thanks

seanocelt
17-06-2013, 13:04
Where is san telmo and where is the April Fools Bar please?

Just noticed there is a thread running called "The KING and I Thai Restaurant, Los Cristianos". San Telmo is the big block of bars and restaurants that overlooks Las Vistas beach. The Thai, and April Fools would be on the road, at San Telmo, above the beach, runs from Los Cristianos town centre to the roundabout at Torres Del Sol (2 tall apartment blocks on the beach) hope this helps.