PDA

View Full Version : Can you HATE someone on a forum?

CIM
11-06-2011, 21:23
I see a lot of what looks like hatred on forums, blogs, facebook etc. People hating other people who they hardly even know. Is this because its easier to hate someone you have never met or donīt really know very well?

Have you or do you actually HATE anybody?
Have you ever hated anyone you have never met? Ie - on a forum or on facebook or similar?

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 21:26
I see a lot of what looks like hatred on forums, blogs, facebook etc. People hating other people who they hardly even know. Is this because its easier to hate someone you have never met or donīt really know very well?

Have you or do you actually HATE anybody?
Have you ever hated anyone you have never met? Ie - on a forum or on facebook or similar? this thread should be interesting.

CIM
11-06-2011, 21:28
Is see a lot of personal bull**** on hear but see it elsewhere - real vile hatred on facebook groups etc - seems so OTT. I just wonder how many of these people would be like that in real life, face to face.

sunspot
11-06-2011, 21:30
Not Hate CIM, thats a strong word..........i may dislike someones way of putting things down but i can honestly say no,i dont hate them

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 21:30
Is see a lot of personal bull**** on hear but see it elsewhere - real vile hatred on facebook groups etc - seems so OTT. I just wonder how many of these people would be like that in real life, face to face.

they wouldn't say boo to a goose.

Chris P. Bacon
11-06-2011, 21:33
Nope I don't! I have fall outs with people and we sometimes wind one another up but at the end of the day I would love to meet them and shake their hand, however I doubt some of them would feel the same way which is sad!
Some people take forum life far to seriously and I am not one of them :eyebrows:

CIM
11-06-2011, 21:33
I think hate is a very strong word too - but hate is what I see, hence the thread. Maybe people just take all this too seriously and need to get out more?

they wouldn't say boo to a goose. Oh I know - a lot of keyboard warriors on the internet and itīs a great hiding place for cowards!

YOUNG GOLFER
11-06-2011, 21:35
No i don't hate anyone or to be honest even dislike enough for it to bother me.

But one thing i have seen in the pass is how someone on Facebook for example can really show their true colours and slag people off that are on the forum using disgusting language to discribe them.

I tend to think some people on here are really alot diferent in REAL life.

caroletenerife
11-06-2011, 21:39
never met Maggie Thatcher, but didnt need to. i would say she is the only person i have ever hated. plenty people can annoy you or get on your nerves, but hate is a very strong emotion. The internet is the perfect platform to annonomously attack someone else, however, i doubt if even a tiny percent would have the b**ls to face up to people in person. Wannae bullies, they hide behind gangs of friends, position of authoritiy etc, internet bullies hide behind a keyboard

Chris P. Bacon
11-06-2011, 21:39
No i don't hate anyone or to be honest even dislike enough for it to bother me.

But one thing i have seen in the pass is how someone on Facebook for example can really show their true colours and slag people off that are on the forum using disgusting language to discribe them.

I tend to think some people on here are really alot diferent in REAL life.

Or Twitter even :whistle:

with cheese
11-06-2011, 21:42
NO, I am same as Chris P.
I agree with YG and actually on FB you see peeps that actually know each other really well being so nasty.
I have made some very nice ties on here and hopefully a few will be my friends in the future. One or 2 I have met already and some others I intend on doing so, I don't care about their looks, their history or financial standing they seem like good people, you know who you are.

Jimandsi
11-06-2011, 21:46
Can't say that I've ever hated anyone.

However, there are several forum members on here who I feel sorry for like .....

Those who spend all day at their PC, yet claim to be living in paradise.
Those who really haven't got a clue what they are talking about regarding a particular subject yet continue to post drivel.
Those who just post anything to hopefully get their signature/failing business noticed.

and so on.

CIM
11-06-2011, 21:48
Good to see the forum jester has turned up!

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 21:49

However, there are several forum members on here who I feel sorry for like .....

Those who spend all day at their PC, yet claim to be living in paradise.
Those who really haven't got a clue what they are talking about regarding a particular subject yet continue to post drivel.
Those who just post anything to hopefully get their signature/failing business noticed.

and so on. very true jimbo.

Chris P. Bacon
11-06-2011, 21:50
I can't say I have ever hated anyone either, just as I can't claim to love anyone as those are very strong words.....

Jimandsi
11-06-2011, 21:50
Good to see the forum jester has turned up!

If the hat fits .................................. :whistle:

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 21:51
Good to see the forum jester has turned up! which one?

CIM
11-06-2011, 21:51
which one?
Well theres a few of them, but our main protagonist with the fantasy bar (I hope THATS not failing!)

with cheese
11-06-2011, 21:53
I can't say I have ever hated anyone either, just as I can't claim to love anyone as those are very strong words.....

Not even the Babe magnet.

caroletenerife
11-06-2011, 21:55

Those who spend all day at their PC, yet claim to be living in paradise.Those who really haven't got a clue what they are talking about regarding a particular subject yet continue to post drivel.

and so on.

It is possible with the miracle of modern technology to use a laptop, whilst sitting on the beach under a palm tree with a nice glass of ice cold beer....you can indeed also do this in the UK...minus the palm tree but including a raincoat, wooly hat and a pair of wellies:cold:

reggie
11-06-2011, 21:56
It would be pretty boring if we all agreed all the time, I have seen some decent people on here go whoosh when somebody said the wrong thing, I'm a fairly blunt person, a spades a spade, (ooops wrong thread) No you know what i mean, I can say something then 10 minutes later wish i hadnt, you just got to go with the flow, there are some prize dicks on here, but you may seem a prize **** to somebody else, so try to play nicely, if you upset somebody f--k em.its all good fun, i'm a nice boy really

cainaries
11-06-2011, 21:58
NO, I am same as Cris P.
I agree with YG and actually on FB you see peeps that actually know each other really well being so nasty.
I have made some very nice ties on here and hopefully a few will be my friends in the future. One or 2 I have met already and some others I intend on doing so, I don't care about their looks, their history or financial standing they seem like good people, you know who you are.
Aw, that's a nice post, with cheese! I find fb a complete waste of time as a rule though it was useful today when we were trying to contact my stepson by all possible means .. the fb message was the one he reacted to.
I don't know anything about Jimandsi but I confess I'm glad I'm not sharing a bottle of wine with him tonight.

Jimandsi
11-06-2011, 21:59
It is possible with the miracle of modern technology to use a laptop, whilst sitting on the beach under a palm tree with a nice glass of ice cold beer....you can indeed also do this in the UK...minus the palm tree but including a raincoat, wooly hat and a pair of wellies:cold:

How sad that anyone, regardless of where they are should even want to spend all day on a PC though !

What a sad and lonely little life they must lead.

with cheese
11-06-2011, 22:00
And why waiting for your bloody printer at work to knock out a load of gear, or on your phone why sitting on the bog.

howard thornton
11-06-2011, 22:01
It would be pretty boring if we all agreed all the time, I have seen some decent people on here go whoosh when somebody said the wrong thing, I'm a fairly blunt person, a spades a spade, (ooops wrong thread) No you know what i mean, I can say something then 10 minutes later wish i hadnt, you just got to go with the flow, there are some prize dicks on here, but you may seem a prize **** to somebody else, so try to play nicely, if you upset somebody f--k em.its all good fun, i'm a nice boy really

i believe you reggie, thousands wouldn't. that u boat will reach leeds in three weeks.

caroletenerife
11-06-2011, 22:07
How sad that anyone, regardless of where they are should even want to spend all day on a PC though !

What a sad and lonely little life they must lead.
i couldnt sit on a pc all day, apart from the piles, it drains your energy, but each to their own. Bill Gates has made a modest living from it. However, its Saturday, I'm off down the beach (minus laptop) then awa tae the pub xxx

cainaries
11-06-2011, 22:11
i couldnt sit on a pc all day, apart from the piles, it drains your energy, but each to their own. Bill Gates has made a modest living from it. However, its Saturday, I'm off down the beach (minus laptop) then awa tae the pub xxx
Bit risky this but ... when you first mentioned Maggie T I drafted a reply about Gordon B but abandoned it because, really, life's too short. Your other posts on here have really made me laugh. Which just goes to show that reggie was right, some posts/people can get right up your nose and 2 minutes later they make you laugh out loud.

DJ Dangerous
11-06-2011, 22:24
Where's Miserguts??

It's very easy to fly off the handle a little, but I find it hard to imagine how you could build such a string feeling - hatred is about as strong as they get - for somebody you've never even met?

When people annoy you, you have a few words and move on...

Life is short...

Tom & Sharon
11-06-2011, 22:31
No, life's too short and crowded with many pesky kids to hate anyone,have a ruck,let the hackles rise,calm down and start again,good fun,keeps your mind active.:eyebrows:

Wonder which one is behind the keyboard now ;)

Jackie
11-06-2011, 23:06
Can't say I 'hate' anyone on here, there are a couple that I don't like very much, simply because they never let things rest and have to have a little dig at every opportunity. I said before on another thread, the Forum is a bit like the programme "Dating in the Dark' where you get to know people by their personalities before you physically see them. I think most people on here know who they would and who they wouldn't get on with if they met in 'real' life.

I can however say that I hate my in laws. Obviously things have happened to cause this and we now haven't spoken to or seen them for more than 10 years, but saying that I have never stopped them seeing my kids or vice versa if they have wanted to. Thing is now the kids are a lot older they can see for themselves what they are like and gradually over the years have chosen themselves to have nothing to do with them. It seems harsh saying 'hate' but believe me they have alienated their entire family from their sons to their own brothers and sisters, nephew and nieces. The only one left that has anything to do with them is my sister in law and her kids and if I'm honest that is because she thinks she will benefit when they pop their clogs. They really are evil people.

used2bTurner
11-06-2011, 23:17
How can you hate someone you have never met, apart from politicians?

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:31
How can you hate someone you have never met, apart from politicians?

I agree U2b. People say I hate this, I hate that. The same way they say I could kill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mostly it's an innocuous thought , but in print is a lot more emphatic and taken differently

tonypub
12-06-2011, 02:56
Is see a lot of personal bull**** on hear but see it elsewhere - real vile hatred on facebook groups etc - seems so OTT. I just wonder how many of these people would be like that in real life, face to face.leave the groups

CIM
12-06-2011, 08:42
leave the groups
I do! Not my cup of tea at all. Soon as they descend into that sort of rubbish I switch off...

TOTO 99
12-06-2011, 08:49
To me "Hate" means you've lost control. That person would be on your mind much more than they should be. It would be hard to like everyone but "hate" is a word we use because it sums up our dislike and gets the point accross. What we really mean is we "don't like". This forum has people I don't like. So does my local pub but I don't let it bother me and I certainly wouldn't let them know it. Sometimes the "Thanks" button can cause as much damage as if we had a "hate" button so I tend not to jump on the bandwaggon even if it's someone I don't like in the firing line. I'm 51 years old. Do I really want to spend my remaining years giving thought to people I don't like? ..Nope.

hedgehog
12-06-2011, 09:11
Funny you should start this thread CIM, after reading some of the posts on the "Illegal lettings thread" yesterday I was discussing this exact topic with friends last night - we came to the conclusion that it is nice to be able to have a rant on a semi-anonymous level but there is a great danger in getting carried away - a strong opinion can very easily escalate into a full on hate campaign against somebody you have never even met and know nothing about. Words can easily be misinterpreted when you can't see the face or the intonation of the voice - how often have you go the wrong end of the stick from a simple text from an actual friend...

with cheese
12-06-2011, 20:12
I agree U2b. People say I hate this, I hate that. The same way they say I could kill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Mostly it's an innocuous thought , but in print is a lot more emphatic and taken differently
As we said on old forum about killing. Most people couldn't kill even if they wanted to. Those that are trained to almost certainly would not tell you if they had. Killing because of hatred is a case of insanity or revenge (diminished responsibility), most likely.
So Hate in the sane form is just an emotion you can control or get over and its close neighbour, Love is the same, just a mindset.

cainaries
12-06-2011, 23:08
Dave? Which Dave would that be ... not the current PM?!

I think I'll vote for OneLeg - postal vote as I'm too idle to go to the polling station.

On the subject of hating people I don't know .. there are a couple of tennis players I could almost say I hated. Roll on Wimbledon!

Malteser Monkey
13-06-2011, 13:56
Dave? Which Dave would that be ... not the current PM?!

I think I'll vote for OneLeg - postal vote as I'm too idle to go to the polling station.

On the subject of hating people I don't know .. there are a couple of tennis players I could almost say I hated. Roll on Wimbledon!

And they're on the forum are they - talk about off topic !!!!

back on topic - how can you hate someone you haven't met ? Is that possible, there is only one person in my life that I hate and that's becasue she had physically hurt me. You may disagree with their comments but hate ermmmm ??

mind you then there's Jim ! (you know I'm only joking) where's my cheeky smiley ????

with cheese
13-06-2011, 14:04
Hate you MM............................................sorr y meant just ate a bag of M&M's

bonitatime
13-06-2011, 14:12
I can't picture hating people on here, on facebook or any other forum. That there are some whose attitudes annoy you more than others is certain but Hate - no.
I have taken people off my facebook page for racist comments but I don't hate them I would just rather not listen to that sort of talk.

Sundowner
13-06-2011, 14:16
And they're on the forum are they - talk about off topic !!!!

back on topic - how can you hate someone you haven't met ? Is that possible, there is only one person in my life that I hate and that's becasue she had physically hurt me. You may disagree with their comments but hate ermmmm ??

mind you then there's Jim ! (you know I'm only joking) where's my cheeky smiley ????

I agree with you Monkey..........it's like saying I love someone on the forum, love and hate are intense emotions and imho you would need to have physical contact to engage them..........unless of course you were seriously deranged.

with cheese
13-06-2011, 14:21
The lots I love about Monkey..........................pay my paypal account please MM

Malteser Monkey
13-06-2011, 14:21
Hate you MM............................................sorr y meant just ate a bag of M&M's

You couldn't hate me - no one can hate me I'm Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice (cheeky smiley)

The lots I love about Monkey..........................pay my paypal account please MM

ok hun how much ?

onelegnofeet
13-06-2011, 16:09
Can't say I 'hate' anyone on here

You little fibber ......................:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrow s:

You couldn't hate me - no one can hate me I'm Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice (cheeky smiley)

ok hun how much ?

I Ate Maltesers once ..................does that count ?

Can i hate someone on the forum .....no ......but i can go off quite a few !!! i shall call them Fred and Wilma under data protection !!!

Jackie
13-06-2011, 16:54
]You little fibber [/B]......................:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrow s:

I Ate Maltesers once ..................does that count ?

Can i hate someone on the forum .....no ......but i can go off quite a few !!! i shall call them Fred and Wilma under data protection !!!

haha OLNF you do make me laugh:lol::lol: No I definately tell the truth, can't do with all the beating around the bush, I say it as it is. If I did hate anyone on here they would know it ;)

Ed3229
13-06-2011, 17:04
Joined the AV forum to ask a HD tv question and just got a load of stupid child'ish comments back.......So yes you can hate people on a forum.

hedgehog
13-06-2011, 18:16
Joined the AV forum to ask a HD tv question and just got a load of stupid child'ish comments back.......So yes you can hate people on a forum.
I agree (although hate is a bit strong), this forum is pretty tame compared to some of the techie based ones...and they say women are bitchy!!!
(btw not saying ALL techies are blokes before all the feminists jump down my throat, just they generally are, especially the forum ones!)

with cheese
13-06-2011, 19:18
I hate this type of thread

willowlily
13-06-2011, 19:53
there had been some pretty heavy, heated personalized conversations on the old forum but usuallly from the same posters but onwards and upwards with this reborn upgraded top of the range first class tenerife forum

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 19:56
there had been some pretty heavy, heated personalized conversations on the old forum but usuallly from the same posters but onwards and upwards with this reborn upgraded top of the range first class tenerife forum

hi lilly, wow that must be worth a couple of bum licking points. lol