PDA

View Full Version : Did/does anyone work on "Clash of the Titans" film in Tenerife?

wahay
11-06-2011, 21:26
anybody on ere or knows of anybody that has worked on the latest even on the driving side or catering, i was on the catering and loved every minute of it knew a few of the drivers , had a good laugh and would recommend it to anybody, hopefully im offski next week to wales to carry on with the catering as they have asked me to become one of the catering team, and after that its for the new film snowwhite and the huntsman, so im glad i went for interview etc, it has been long hrs but hey ho ive got myself a brilliant job, still living on the rock all expenses paid and travelling with a fantastic job . will keep you updated also i have heard theres another filming crew coming over in august cause they should of been filming in morrocco but they are cancelling and coming over to here tenerife.

CIM
11-06-2011, 21:40
Good for you! Best of luck with it. Love to hear some updates in future, hope it all goes well for you.

Margaretta
11-06-2011, 22:22
You certainly had a busy time in May! We tried to park in Los Gigantes and were turned away because of filming. We couldn't park on the mountain one day due to the Parador being clogged with big white TV vans, a well-known parking place somewhere near Montana Mostaza and there seemed to be vast costume marquees at the restaurants on the Puerto side. We couldn't believe how much equipment and how many vans are required.
I would love to have seen the costumes and of course Liam Neeson! Congratulations on your exciting job Wahay. Enjoy every moment and we look forward to the updates.
So thrilled for Tenerife that it has been discovered and appreciated again by film crews.

Tojack
12-06-2011, 00:54
Glad to here that good luck keep us posted please.

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:10
My mate Phil W got a job driving (Trucks 1), and others I know too. Very good for the Islands economy, long may it continue! Hopefully into the winter too, cos I need a job, Patsy says!

Zara
12-06-2011, 08:08
I know 2 people who have jobs, both thoroughly enjoying it and both say really hard work and long, long hours so not for the lazy wotsits who want to do nothing.

So glad it has let to more work for you and best of luck. Now can you just make me a slice of toast and a cuppa :hungry:

honda
12-06-2011, 08:54
Well done Wahay for getting your job. Hope it goes great for you.

rosemary
12-06-2011, 10:39
I was on the 115 bus to Santa Cruz on Friday when the whole convoy of their trucks and trailers were heading that way too. Our poor bus driver had to keep coming off to the stops and then getting sqeezed out again as they all overtook him again! But he kept his cool like they all do. Why donīt they head off in smaller convoys like the army does??? Where is Liam now??!!

wahay
12-06-2011, 12:24
liam didnt come to tenerife hes recording in wales a town called mmmmmmmmmmmmm wait for it myther tydfill, ive had some stories about the town but hey ho lol x

Roadkingrider
13-06-2011, 11:23
Weren't the driving jobs all sewn up by mates of mates - even though they were mentioned on the old Forum? The usual Tenerife stitch-up, with no-one new or outside the little circle any chance of getting work. Much like UK though I suppose, not what you know, just who you know.

Jackie
13-06-2011, 11:30
Weren't the driving jobs all sewn up by mates of mates - even though they were mentioned on the old Forum? The usual Tenerife stitch-up, with no-one new or outside the little circle any chance of getting work. Much like UK though I suppose, not what you know, just who you know.

Not at all, one of my sons mates got a job driving for the crew and he didn't know anyone

Megaloo
13-06-2011, 11:30
I had several Canarian friends very keen and hard working but they had no luck. They were very disappointed they did not get any work. (~They also speak quite good English)

sonia floyd
13-06-2011, 13:27
Hi
Yes my partner was one of the drivers and like you say even with the long hours he thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to do it again. He hasn't got a job out of it but please let us know if you find out about the filming in August. Congratulations on your great job and hope all goes well!

lozzie1821
13-06-2011, 15:55
i know alot of the drivers who got jobs there and also a few of the lighting crowd..

i was lucky enough to befriend a few of the actors and the personal trainers too whilst they where here and have arranged to see them again when im back in the uk soon :-)

popsybear
01-07-2011, 09:02
no bud you just had to get off your **** and go to see the transport manager in the sheraton. all the info on the forum was wrong!!

Bob
01-07-2011, 14:15

exactly, i submitted a very comprehensive Class 1 CV complete with covering letter and didn't even get a phone call. Total stitch up if you ask me.

sonia floyd
01-07-2011, 15:07
no bud you just had to get off your **** and go to see the transport manager in the sheraton. all the info on the forum was wrong!!

Exactly! My partner did just that. He found out where the transport manager was staying and went to the Sheraton in person and got the job straight away! He didn't know anyone at all! I had read about it on the forum and was following the posts but good job he didn't wait around for anything to come of it!

MaxineC
01-07-2011, 18:24
One of my close friends got one of the driving jobs. Ended up driving the head of special effects around, and he has also taken her on as his full time driver. She's just spent the last week at the location in Wales, and heading off to Malta next! She's having an absolute ball.... :cheer:

Added after 6 minutes:

exactly, i submitted a very comprehensive Class 1 CV complete with covering letter and didn't even get a phone call. Total stitch up if you ask me.

No, they weren't. My friend didn't know anybody connected to it, she saw the ads like everybody else and applied... then researched it even further to make sure her application reached the necessary person...

What I do know however, is that they were absolutely inundated with enquiries, and though I think it's only good manners to let everybody know whether they've been accepted or not, to claim it is a 'stitch up' just isn't true... I've applied for 'mainstream' jobs in the past, and never heard anything back! Don't take it so personally...

Christine12
01-07-2011, 18:38
anybody on ere or knows of anybody that has worked on the latest even on the driving side or catering, i was on the catering and loved every minute of it knew a few of the drivers , had a good laugh and would recommend it to anybody, hopefully im offski next week to wales to carry on with the catering as they have asked me to become one of the catering team, and after that its for the new film snowwhite and the huntsman, so im glad i went for interview etc, it has been long hrs but hey ho ive got myself a brilliant job, still living on the rock all expenses paid and travelling with a fantastic job . will keep you updated also i have heard theres another filming crew coming over in august cause they should of been filming in morrocco but they are cancelling and coming over to here tenerife.

I'm glad someone has updated us all, its good to hear some good news and outcomes, good for you Wahay. And commiserations to all that were in the que at El Medino in the heat and put in for the driving jobs as I did and never heard a word. I wish more people would tell us their stories. Bring on August!!

Bob
01-07-2011, 21:49
So are we due an apology from tonypub for leading us all up the garden path

slodgedad
01-07-2011, 22:19

Why should Tonypub apologize when he thought he was putting work our way.

If he'd never mentioned it no one here would have known about it, including most that took the bull by the horns.

MaxineC
01-07-2011, 22:20

Absolutely Not!! He posted that thread with the best intentions, and with the information he'd been given.... Many people wouldn't have even known about these jobs if he hadn't. The fact that some people took it upon themselves to research even more in-depth, whilst others chose to sit on their backsides and wait for the mountain to come to them, is the difference... ;)

Jackie
01-07-2011, 22:30
Always someone else's fault when things don't go right, yet if you had all got jobs via Tony's post he would no doubt be the best thing since sliced bread. Like anyone posting jobs via someone else, they can only give the information that they are given, so why shoot the messenger ?

9PLUS
01-07-2011, 22:34
Exactly! My partner did just that. He found out where the transport manager was staying and went to the Sheraton in person and got the job straight away! He didn't know anyone at all! I had read about it on the forum and was following the posts but good job he didn't wait around for anything to come of it!

See what happens when you get off your ass

slodgedad
01-07-2011, 22:37
Always someone else's fault when things don't go right, yet if you had all got jobs via Tony's post he would no doubt be the best thing since sliced bread. Like anyone posting jobs via someone else, they can only give the information that they are given, so why shoot the messenger ?

Exactly..............................

Are we all trying to put people off posting jobs they may have heard about...I hope not.

imablue
02-07-2011, 00:12
as usual the moaners kick off.....Tonypub put the posts on in good faith... and i thank him for doing just that ...don,t think he will bother again..... would you be bothered after some of the comments that were made on that thread ...and more to the point after comments on this thread......some people eh !!

KirstyJay
02-07-2011, 00:24
I am really pleased for the OP and everyone that got work (and/or continual work) from this opportunity.

I'm sorry that certain people didn't, but that's life when apply for many good or popular jobs.

It's unfortunate that some people feel the need to be bitter about that, but it's part of life and you just have to deal with it. Hopefully you'll be luckier next time :)

PS Wahay, invite us all to the Premiere, please! :D

YOUNG GOLFER
02-07-2011, 01:33
Have to say i can't believe what i few members have put about a fellow member going out of his way....... to give the chance of work to others in times like this.

Tony i want to say sorry of behalf of 99% of this forum for trying to help others find work.

sundownersvince
02-07-2011, 02:11
At least six of my buddies at Sundowners got work through this, about four of which carried it through, and as another poster said, some were carried through and worked in Wales and then apparrently in Malta. Lost the gist now.............Stellas in control again............and where is everybody?

Andy0210
02-07-2011, 02:17

How rude are you ???

TonyPub went out of his way to help fellow members to get employment, he actively private messaged people (me included), spent his own time dealing with this trying to help people on here, all due to someone drinking in his bar spouting off about the jobs that were supposedly available.

How can you expect an apology from an active forum member who always tries to contribute and on this one off occasion thought he was doing something to help others gain employment, just because you are bitter you didnīt get a job donīt start looking for easy targets, if you was that bothered you should have done the same as the rest of the people who got jobs and gone and found the main man in his hotel etc.......... (after all it was posted and common knowledge where he was staying as it was posted in the original thread)

Have you considered your active class 1 CV and covering letter maybe wasnīt what they where looking for??

Or perhaps a bit of initiative and gone one step further like the rest of people that got jobs would have got you a bit further ???

Bit of advice, move on and let it go! ;)

sundownersvince
02-07-2011, 02:24
Guess he wouldn't have lasted too long andy. One of my mates was driving the lorry drivers here and there, so I guess they had them sorted out well before.

Tenerife Blade
02-07-2011, 12:20
I too worked on the film for almost seven weeks. Tony contacted me via PM to explain that he had put my name forward, but made it clear to me that it was then out of his hands. In my opininon, he did all he could, and then some. He highlighted the fact that jobs were going to be available. Had he not done so, I for one would not have been aware of them!!!!

I took it upon myself to contact a friend of mine who had worked on the first film. He did a little digging, and came up with the Transport managers number for me. I simply contacted him and arranged an interview for myself.

Long hours, but very interesting, and i've made some new friends that i didn't even know lived close by. Also had a few cracking nights out with the guys i was driving for.

I personally would like to thank Tony for highlighting the fact that there were jobs available, and hope he will ignore the people who just expected to sit at home and wait for someone else to get them work. Thanks mate.

yourneighbourdi
02-07-2011, 12:30
Also know of a young lad...had a fantastic few weeks...earned good money and also has been kept on the books for future acting parts..just by being in the right place at the right time..and carried on his school work..

Cruise
02-07-2011, 13:39
why should tonypub apologize when he thought he was putting work our way.

If he'd never mentioned it no one here would have known about it, including most that took the bull by the horns.

totally agree....