PDA

View Full Version : UK Air Passenger Duty (APD) rises today.

Harmonicaman
01-04-2012, 11:52
As from today there will be an 8% rise in APD from/to UK airports. (And in case you have you're own private jet, they've extended the tax to cover those as well!) It only means a £1 rise per person for short haul flights (<4,000miles), but goes up from £85 yo £92 per person for long haul flights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17566683

grumps
01-04-2012, 12:00
Well its caused Air Asia to pull out from the Uk..so no cheap flights to Asia/ Australia anymore..!

Harmonicaman
01-04-2012, 12:04
Well its caused Air Asia to pull out from the Uk..so no cheap flights to Asia/ Australia anymore..!

Here's a quote from Sir Richard Branson from the story...

Sir Richard Branson, who owns Virgin Atlantic, told the BBC increasing the tax might put some people off visiting the UK.

"Tax is all very well when it's not actually costing the country money and I think it's getting to a stage where it's actually going to cost the country money," he said.

caroletenerife
01-04-2012, 12:32
This is all I need...its getting more and more expensive to keep my jet on the road.. I would stick to the yacht, but the petrol prices are going through the roof, AND i nearly singed my eyebrows tranferring the gerry can in the bathroom last week..its a hard life, so it is:D

Angusjim
01-04-2012, 13:04
This is all I need...its getting more and more expensive to keep my jet on the road.. I would stick to the yacht, but the petrol prices are going through the roof, AND i nearly singed my eyebrows tranferring the gerry can in the bathroom last week..its a hard life, so it is:D

Is that your Yacht I saw moored at Arbroath recently I say yacht looked more like a trawler. :):titanic: