PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 8th April Celta Vigo B vs CD Tenerife

Fred Perry
02-04-2012, 11:19
SUNDAY 8TH APRIL
KICK OFF 11AM

CELTA VIGO B vs CD TENERIFE

NO TV.

Celta Vigo b despite struggling in the league have just gained an impressive draw away to leaders Real Madrid B.
Tenerife will have Kike, Chechu, Zazo and Loro back but will be without suspended Pablo Sicila and Tarantino.

West mids tyke
02-04-2012, 13:14
lets hope for the double over celta, memories of my first CDT match back in November, keep up the fight for play offs think 2-0 Tenerife win

Fred Perry
08-04-2012, 11:32
30 mins gone and Tenerife are 0-1 UP!!!

Perona scored the opening goal. Long way to go.

FinnKris
08-04-2012, 11:35
Yes, great stuff, shame this game isn’t televised, seems like an action packed start to the game. Home team reduced to 10 men early on & Tenerife scoring not long after that through Perona, our top scorer, who is finally restored to the starting line up ahead of Kiko Raton. CDT also forced into an early substitution, Kike Lopez off & Ruben Rosquete on instead.

Interesting starting line up too. The back 4 is lined up as expected given the absentees with Llorente on the left, Ayoze & Medina in the center, and Cristobal on the right. Not sure how the midfield formation is shaping up exactly with a lot of very attacking player all playing. Ferran Tacon, Victor Bravo, Luismi Loro and Kike L all starting with (presumably) Marcos as the defensive midfielder & Perona on top. Assuming we line up in the normal 4-2-3-1 formation, it would be interesting to see who plays in the middle with Marcos & further upfield behind Perona, Victor Bravo & Luismi Loro respectively perhaps?

Fred Perry
08-04-2012, 11:41
1-1. There is never such a thing as a comfortable win for the blanquiazules.
If we don´t win this now against 10 men Tebár is history.

FinnKris
08-04-2012, 11:43
What the heck is going on, now 2-1 to the home team with 10 men!? CDT self destructing?

Fred Perry
08-04-2012, 11:47
Ridiculous. Obviously still 45 mins to play but Tebár will be sacked before they leave the stadium if they don´t pull this one around.
The players have not been paid since January, I really hope this is not interfeering with our promotion push.

FinnKris
08-04-2012, 11:57
2-1 to the home team Celta B at half time.

I suppose it is quite natural too switch off mentally a bit when your are one man up & leading 1-0, but to concede 2 goals in such a short period of time is just unforgivable given the delicate nature of the league standings. But now THEY HAVE TO RESPOND in the second half, we just can't afford to lose points here.

The players have not been paid since January, I really hope this is not interfeering with our promotion push.

Damn, this is very bad news, had no idea about this. How is it even possible that the finances are that bad given the great attendance numbers (aren't they clearly above what was expected before the season?) in all home games, especially the recent run around the RM Castilla game? Has there been some unexpected costs suddenly, otherwise surely there should be cash available?

Fred Perry
08-04-2012, 12:04
The reason is that the club are owed alot of money from the government from last season (sponsorship shirt deal) and also a main sponsor. They have budgeted for the season but when you do not get the money you have been promised it is difficult. None of the employees of CDT have been paid since January apparently but they do say that it will be sorted soon. The players know that they will definetly get all their wages by June 30th (by law). But all this does not help ofcourse.

FinnKris
08-04-2012, 12:12
The reason is that the club are owed alot of money from the government from last season (sponsorship shirt deal) and also a main sponsor.

Ok, fair enough in that case, nothing much anyone at the club can do when the sponsors fail you. Hopefully the money side gets sorted asap, it would be a great shame if outside factors will affect what happens on the pitch at this crucial stage of the season.

Who is the main sponsor owing money (other than the government), hopefully not the Caja Canarias bank as that could spell disaster if they are in trouble (don't they hold the bulk of the club's old debt?)?

Davie Thistle
08-04-2012, 12:21
That happend to us (Partick Thistle) this season,
The main sponser went bust halfway thru this
Season owing us lots of budgeted cash!
But not as bad as CDT!
Not been payed since Jan!?!? Thats a nitemare!
Hope the players can overcome these problems
And keep Playin for their pride as well as their money!
C,mon the CDT!!!!
:jumping:

Fred Perry
08-04-2012, 12:28
3-1 to Celta Vigo b.

This is the worst result in the recent history of CD Tenerife (since the 80´s). Still 25 mins to go but, well even a draw would be a poor result.

Just hope that Oviedo do not win later.

Tebár will be sacked before the ref has whistled for full time, that is a certainty.

FinnKris
08-04-2012, 12:36
Tebár will be sacked before the ref has whistled for full time, that is a certainty.

As much as I'm opposed to knee jerk reactions when it comes to sacking coaches (look no further than our last season to see that it rarely helps long term), it does seem like this is the only way forward now. If there really is a (huge?) rift between the coach & the players (as some reports seems to indicate), and as you can't replace the team, sacking Tebar is the only option because clearly something is wrong if you concede 3 whilst being one man up. And as we are still well within a shout of the playoffs now is the time to rectify the situation.

Added after 26 minutes:

3-1 to Celta B is the Final Score... I take it back, I'm glad this game wasn't televised, the way it went I might have done serious harm to my laptop in frustration....

Absolute disaster result-wise, fortunately for us Albacete only drew away & Rayo B lost so could have been so much worse. Now one can only hope Real Oviedo drops points later today, which would leave us relatively unharmed standings-wise, the "small" matter of the coach notwithstanding...

Kike Raton got a red card, unclear if it was after 2 yellows or a straight red, but as long as Aridane is fit not that disastrous as they are fairly interchangeable.

Fred Perry
08-04-2012, 13:55
Kiko received two yellows to get sent off (so that is 12 sending offs in last 12 matches for CDT!).

Fantastic though it was last week to win the game in the last minute if the club did not have confidence in the manager he should have gone then. The performance was not an improvement, we only won because of one the freaks of the sport called football.

Not official yet but Tebár is history. The club are looking towards local managers now say the radio. Perhaps ex-player & manager of Tenerife Martin Marerro.

Director of football, Pedro Cordero is almost certain to be sacked in the next few days as well.

Thankfully Albacete only drew this morning. CD Lugo play Real Madrid Castilla later and we can only hope that Oviedo drop points at home to Getafe b (doubtful).

FinnKris
08-04-2012, 14:14
The club are looking towards local managers now say the radio. Perhaps ex-player & manager of Tenerife Martin Marerro.

Director of football, Pedro Cordero is almost certain to be sacked in the next few days as well.

I'm all for a local manager with a history with the club. What we need right now is a manager that can immediately unite & excite the club, players & fans. Ideally someone who can inspire everyone & get the players to perform on their level and above all perform as a unit. There's no time for any major tactical changes so a motivator over a tactician is needed I feel.

Regarding the technical director, not sure what would be wise there. On one hand he has to shoulder some blame (especially in regards to the managers), but as we don't know in what division we will play next year hard for anyone new to do much either.

bonitatime
08-04-2012, 18:07
Talk seems to be Quique Medina who is now coaching the B team and was second Coach under Amaral last year

Money is a constant problem for the club. The season ticket money which is most of our gate most home games was I Think partly used to pay off last years players.
Without the money from the 2 big great sponsors Things are very difficult. The players can walk away From their Contracts and go elsewhere after they haven't been paid for three months
Next weeks game is super inmportant if we hope to keep within the playoffs positions.

This is out on the web

http://img.tapatalk.com/4f94731f-c7dd-2af7.jpg