PDA

View Full Version : How can I contact the owners of 'Sunshine Properties' in Tenerife?

Lesley Noble
02-04-2012, 16:50
Hello

Could anyone help me?

I am looking for the owners of Sunshine Properties. They owe me money for my apartment, I rang them from the uk before i came over to Tenerife and arranged to meet them but they didnt turn up.

I have been calling them, and they never answer me. I then tried from my friends mobile, to which they answered!! But again never came to see me.

When i arrived i found damage to my patio doors, and no linen or towels etc.

In total they owe me 1200 euros, plus they have all my linen and keys etc

I saw one of them in the street, and he was surprised to see me. Telling me my cheque was in the post ( lie) and he would call and see me the next day. He never did, however i did later find keys in a carrier bag thrown in my garden!!! ( no money though!!)

I have been calling home every other day, no cheque has arrived!!

Does anyone know KAREN AND MARK RUSHE FROM SUNSHINE PROPERTIES? Are they still in Tenerife? Are they in the UK? Does anyone have any more information or phone numbers?

My husband and I are both pensioners, on mobility scooters, love coming here, love the island, and most of people. Just cant afford to be without the money which is owed to us.

Can anyone help?? Even if this is just to warn others about SUNSHINE PROPERTIES!!!

doreen
02-04-2012, 16:59
Oh dear ... not quite as they are portrayed here :( http://www.tenerifenews.com/index.php/property-mainmenu-44/11303-the-personal-touch-at-sunshine-properties-

Husband and wife team, Mark and Karen Rushe are very much a Tenerife success story with their personalised touch.

It's nearly a year since they set up Sunshine Properties in the south of the island and although many estate agents have been badly hit in these tough economic times, they have actually been expanding their property sales and rentals business.
The key is their combination of reliability, honesty, flexibility and, of course, an extensive knowledge of the market, coupled with the willingness to be totally helpful in a friendly, but still very professional, manner. They put people very much at ease and never make any false promises.

Suej
02-04-2012, 17:08
I do hope you catch up with them! A disgrace! You were right to name and shame Lesley!:mad:

CIM
02-04-2012, 18:05
Had a few people coming in the office looking for them. Seems they have disappeared and dont want to be contacted. Everyone who I spoke to who was a client of theirs was owed money.

They did keep banging on about how well they were doing on their Twitter account though last year, obviously sales took a turn for the worse....

I also heard they had just sold their house here last week so doesn't seem that they had simply gone bust and couldn't pay people back but more that they have decided that they just wont bother paying back what they owe. Real shame as it gives us all a bad name.

doreen
02-04-2012, 18:30
I also heard they had just sold their house here last week so doesn't seem that they had simply gone bust and couldn't pay people back but more that they have decided that they just wont bother paying back what they owe. Real shame as it gives us all a bad name.

That'll be the house they were doing holiday lets in up in El Madronal ?? People leave such a footprint on the web without taking archive sites into account .... Rushe Europe Ltd took over managing that and various Parque Santiago properties, some of which have bookings up to this August - hope not too much money paid over there as deposits :(

YOUNG GOLFER
02-04-2012, 21:53
I have known this couple for a few years even though the wife has her photo on their website ...http://www.sunshine-property-tenerife.co.uk/about-us.php think she worked for Thomas Cook as well.
Hope you get was is owed to you.

CIM
02-04-2012, 22:03
Karen Rushe is on Facebook - looks like the same mugshot as the one on their website so I think its her.

Anyone owed money or finding that their agent has disappeared without telling anyone can send Karen a message via this Facebook profile:
Karen and Mark Rushe - Sunshine Properties Tenerife (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=628444622)

I hope there has just been a misunderstanding and they simply forget to tell a few people they were leaving... although it doesn't look good.

doreen
02-04-2012, 22:41
.... and Rushe Europe Ltd has a registered office in the UK and an address, also in the UK, for it's director, Mark Rushe aka Mark of Sunshine Properties. Incorporated in 2011, it seems to have replaced Sunshine Properties in managing some short term lets though people still review those properties saying Hi or Thanks to Mark and Karen.

If they are leaving the island, who is going to look after the holiday bookings of those people due in Tenerife between now and August :(

dede
02-04-2012, 22:48
This is like what happened to propertyline on golf del sur a couple of years ago, they were both well known forum members as well, nobody ever got their money back from them, good luck with trying.

CIM
02-04-2012, 22:50
And why on Earth do they think they could continue running such a business and do it successfully from the UK if they have failed to run it successfully here??!

Very much like propertyline. There were a fair few warnings about those people as well.

doreen
02-04-2012, 23:19
And why on Earth do they think they could continue running such a business and do it successfully from the UK if they have failed to run it successfully here??!

Would think the UK company was probably to avoid Tourism Inspectors prying eyes :)

soarey
02-04-2012, 23:29
I have just checked out Rushe Europe Ltd.There is only 1 director which is Mark Rushe.If anyone wants address in the UK please PM me and i will gladly provide it.

Sundowner
03-04-2012, 10:15
http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/915917300 A link to his company details.......

casabonny
03-04-2012, 17:51
I knew them a long time ago when we had the garage in Guargacho.She worked down the airport and I cant remember what Mark did.I was surprised to see a while back them in the local press as " estate agents/managing agents" but as happens here people " become" experts overnight in all sorts of things and most of those go on to fail.Sadly this often leaves behind people out of pocket , although often not those " experts ".:liar:
My motto , stick to what you know best , something many would do well to heed IMHO .

timmylish
04-04-2012, 01:50
I knew them a long time ago when we had the garage in Guargacho.She worked down the airport and I cant remember what Mark did.I was surprised to see a while back them in the local press as " estate agents/managing agents" but as happens here people " become" experts overnight in all sorts of things and most of those go on to fail.Sadly this often leaves behind people out of pocket , although often not those " experts ".:liar:
My motto , stick to what you know best , something many would do well to heed IMHO .

Have to say I agree entirely with the above. Hate it when people suddenly spring from nowhere and tend to end up the same way.
To the O/p. If you are in the way of having all the time in the world, use a fair bit of it and you may be successful in getting some money back. I hope others who have handed this couple their properties take note and make other arrangements, urgently!

Lesley Noble
04-04-2012, 19:35
Thank you for the support with this. It has been an upsetting time for us both and their attitude has been terrible. Not surprisingly the cheque that Mark Rushe told me was in the post has not arrived but we never expected it to. Itīs just been lie after lie with these nasty people and I have been told that they have managed to sell their property so could have paid us what they owe.
We are not the only ones though. My husband and I have spoken to other owners here who are all owed money as well including missing deposits.
Thanks again for all your help with these dishonest people, especially the addresses and information. I have family members in England who are very grateful for this information.

Lesley

ciderhunter
04-04-2012, 22:26
When I noticed a short while ago that their office was closed. They did have a contact telephone number on an A4 piece of paper stuck on the window. I believe it was a UK number. Soon afterwards this number was removed. I have just looked in the window and there is a pile of A4 papers on the desk. It might well be that this number is among them. If you contact the person trying to let the office they may let you check. A long shot maybe but worth a try.
The number of the renter is on the window.
I do have the renters number if you PM me. (cannot put it here due to terms of use)

fonica
04-04-2012, 23:21
Would think the UK company was probably to avoid Inspectors prying eyes :)
According to Karen Rushe (Woods) facebook,she's having a ball shopping until she drops! No doubt with these poor ex clients money. Mark is working in a carpet shop around the Grantham area so not likely to be running thier business from UK.

Added after 6 minutes:

According to Karen Rushe (Woods) facebook,she's having a ball shopping until she drops! No doubt with these poor ex clients money. Mark is working in a carpet shop around the Grantham area so not likely to be running thier business from UK.This is their email address just in case they had been so busy moving that they had forgotten to send chaques to their clients.
m-k-rushe@hotmail.co​m

green1960
05-04-2012, 10:50
Another thing they are still advertisng property on holiday lettings website ref 6594

YOUNG GOLFER
05-04-2012, 13:19
Well seems like another couple need to get hold of sunshine properties.....not the first to come into my office asking where they are.

Mr and Mrs Bill & Moira Smith in their late 70s are the latest people..... they rang them from the UK the owners of sunshine and were meant to meet the owners here in Tenerife on April 1st but they never turned up like the other couple on here they have put down a deposit and are worried about their booking as they have already committed to flights.

They have sent a email with their contact details for sunshine to get in contact with them but no reply.

Not nice losing a deposit but the fact they might not be able to come due to not being able to find the right dates and another apartment might result in losing their flights too.

fonica
05-04-2012, 13:37
Well seems like another couple need to get hold of sunshine properties.....not the first to come into my office asking where they are.

Mr and Mrs Bill & Moira Smith in their late 70s are the latest people..... they rang them from the UK the owners of sunshine and were meant to meet the owners here in Tenerife on April 1st but they never turned up like the other couple on here they have put down a deposit and are worried about their booking as they have already committed to flights.

They have sent a email with their contact details for sunshine to get in contact with them but no reply.

Not nice losing a deposit but the fact they might not be able to come due to not being able to find the right dates and another apartment might result in losing their flights too. Too busy shopping to care but what goes around.......

Added after 24 minutes:

She's off to shop again today and has added pictures of her new (large) house in Preston, Lancs, to her facebook profile. Still boasting about the lifestyle she has earned for herself..........Shouldn't be difficult to find if you are in the UK.

KirstyJay
05-04-2012, 20:20
Is there no way you can make a denuncia here, or a report in the UK and then contact the UK police to make a visit? I'm sure the Spanish police would be interested if it turns out that they have not declared all their rental income, as might be the case if they have misappropriated clients' cash, as has been suggested...

Tom & Sharon
05-04-2012, 21:34
She's just updated her current city to Preston on Facebook.

nurse ratchet
06-04-2012, 13:05
look on 192 dot com, pay yer money and you'll get full details of where Karen Rushe is now living in the UK

CIM
06-04-2012, 13:13
I was thinking about this the other day. It now doesn't matter where you go (Tenerife/UK/any other country) but this will follow them around pretty much indefinitely.

What will potential employers think if they do a quick google search for "Mark Rushe" or "Karen Rushe" and find all this??!

If the amounts are as low as suggested (under 10,000€ by the looks of it although I really dont know) then why on Earth would they not have just paid people what they owed them? Especially if they had just sold their house - bizarre.

Andy0210
06-04-2012, 19:34
A friend just messaged me on facebook asking if i was a member of this forum, they said the following and i quote

"offices closed run off with money, sold up here and new house bought in preston only thing is....many people have booked apartments with them for this summer paid but these wont be withheld thought it may be a good idea to at least advertise the fact in case someone thinks theyīve got accomodation
i know at least one where they have been letting an apartment near me without the owners knowledge"

Posted on behalf of a none forum member. :)

chocaholic
06-04-2012, 19:48
Karen Rushe
Today at 12:11am near Preston, England
Hi Ladies, EVERYONE in England keeps asking where Ive had my nails done in all the shops, Mcdonalds even.... Ive told them they will have to go to Tenerife for their hols!! Think its going to be tricky finding anyone near as good as you hun xx
From facebook

CIM
06-04-2012, 19:55
Well if thats the case, there are no excuses - absolutely disgusting to think that people may well turn up here with no accommodation available. What a horrible, stupid, greedy thing to do. I hope they get their comeuppance.

KirstyJay
06-04-2012, 19:58
Well if thats the case, there are no excuses - absolutely disgusting to think that people may well turn up here with no accommodation available. What a horrible, stupid, greedy thing to do. I hope they get their comeuppance.Is there anyone who could be a forum contact to help find people who have been let down find other apartments? Maybe someone could stick a sign in the window of their old shop telling people to log on here for help? We can't let these people be homeless when they arrive in Tenerife for what they think will be a good holiday, surely? They may have lost a deposit, but it does not mean they have to lose their whole holiday...

CIM
06-04-2012, 20:00
The problem is trying to inform those who are involved, many wont even be aware.

KirstyJay
06-04-2012, 20:05
Their website is still online, and that can't help. Maybe someone could contact the ISP who is http://morecambe.net/ judging from their whois domain info and get them to take down the site and put up a holding page with information... it's worth a try...

penelope pitstop
06-04-2012, 20:13
It is so sad to read stories like this. Over the years it has happened to quite a few innocent people by various so called agents.

There needs to be something done to try to protect people from being conned like this.

It's a shame there are no laws to ensure estate agents/letting agencies are licensed & offering some form of cover to protect their clients.

I hope someone catches up with this pair. They should be reported for fraud in the UK if someone can get together a list of people they have conned in Tenerife as proof.

I hope we can be kept updated.

Yorkshire Remixer
06-04-2012, 21:04
i think bbcs watchdog would be a good place to start to make it aware to anybody who has booked with them...

tonypub
06-04-2012, 23:16
It is so sad to read stories like this. Over the years it has happened to quite a few innocent people by various so called agents.

There needs to be something done to try to protect people from being conned like this.

It's a shame there are no laws to ensure estate agents/letting agencies are licensed & offering some form of cover to protect their clients.

I hope someone catches up with this pair. They should be reported for fraud in the UK if someone can get together a list of people they have conned in Tenerife as proof.

I hope we can be kept updated.well said jaypeeps

megsdad
06-04-2012, 23:59

Very much like propertyline. There were a fair few warnings about those people as well.but unfortunately the new owners were defended on here by someone on here resulting in others being defrauded. D oesnīt that sound Irish? Unless there was an (in) vested interest?

KirstyJay
07-04-2012, 00:20
but unfortunately the new owners were defended on here by someone on here resulting in others being defrauded. D oesnīt that sound Irish? Unless there was an (in) vested interest?One of the new owners who took over your business was a moderator on here at the time and used his position to delete a lot of threads himself that were only discovered in time (luckily he didn't have permissions to fully delete stuff), and then he was removed from his post... so they pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes, including the mods at the time, my own and Zarion's. We all defended them until we found out otherwise. Do you want to drag that up too? I have access to all the old threads on the old forum database if you want to... Not sure why you would want to though, in relation to a completely different company, as Scooby and Busybee are well gone and it's got nothing to do with Sunshine Properties.

The only thing they have in common with this thread is that they are two couples that have defrauded people in Tenerife. There are lots more where they have come from, both past, and I suspect, in the future. The best we can do is do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again, but even the most trustworthy people can turn out to be shysters, and we all make judgement mistakes. It's called being human. That's what con artist play on though, is it not?

If I added up all the money I've not been paid for work done over the years, then I wouldn't have to work right now. ;)

Andy0210
07-04-2012, 01:58
Anyone who needs to make contact can maybe use this link below??

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=628444622

megsdad
07-04-2012, 11:03
Kirsty I am not "dragging up" anything, if you read through this thread other members have drawn direct comparisons between Sunshine properties and my old company the Property line. I was supplying further information on this subject, I was told in a private message from Doreen thatīs what her forum is for, information.
U nfortunately , what she meant was as long as that information doesnīt show someone to be at best a buffoon, at worst complicit in the frauds commited, and so my post was removed

KirstyJay
07-04-2012, 14:58
Kirsty I am not "dragging up" anything, if you read through this thread other members have drawn direct comparisons between Sunshine properties and my old company the Property line. I was supplying further information on this subject, I was told in a private message from Doreen thatīs what her forum is for, information.
U nfortunately , what she meant was as long as that information doesnīt show someone to be at best a buffoon, at worst complicit in the frauds commited, and so my post was removedIt's not 'her' forum and this is off topic, so send us a PM if you like. It says in the other thread you started why your post was removed. You insulted another member.

The comparisons in this thread were made with a company you may have owned at one point, but not one you owned when fraud was committed. I can't see any point in this thread where you were mentioned in connection with the property line fraud until you decided to make that connection yourself. Plus none of the comments about property line were made by the person you've obviously got an issue with, so any issues you have are ones that you should take up privately, not make comments on a completely unrelated thread on a forum full of members that don't really know what it is you're going on about anyway. ???

Again, this is getting off topic, but I don't think anyone has even the slightest reason or inclination to think you have or had anything to do with any fraud. No one has mentioned it in this thread at all, apart from you. I mentioned in my last post exactly who the owners of Property Line were at the time, so you have nothing more to worry about, surely? It's stated quite clearly on here who was in charge then.

Can we try and get back to trying to help these poor people that have been ripped off in this thread, as taking this thread off topic isn't really helping them at all.

PS: To anyone reading this wondering what the hell's going on, Megsdad is a nice bloke that wouldn't rip anyone off, but he used to own the Property Line, but sold it on to people that then proceeded to run it into the ground and use it's good trading reputation to rip people off about 2 or maybe 3 years ago. There. Sorted. :)

caroll72
07-04-2012, 21:24
What goes around, comes around.
So true.
They will get their cumuppance one day.

TenerifePool
07-04-2012, 22:57
Firstly I would make a denuncia here without hesitation. Secondly I would take advice as to whether a crime has been committed in the UK. Has money been paid by clients in the UK to a UK bank account for example. Thirdly consider whether a civil claim can be persued in the UK. With that lovely new house and cash in the bank collection would not present a problem if a judgement can br obtained.

basil brush
08-04-2012, 11:39
yes i agree with Tenerifepool, any money paid into a UK account could be claimed through the small claims court, and anyone in or around preston [ their home town] could check the ellectors roll to locate them.

basil brush
08-04-2012, 12:02
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsunshine-property-tenerife.co.uk%2Fabout-us.php&h=pAQFi9Hts

found this with their picture, all others seemed to have disappeared !!!!

fonica
08-04-2012, 16:40
crime here crime there under the european arrest warrent the spanish police just ask for the english police to pick em up and they are brought back here after a 10 min magistrates court hearing .They were /are Spanish residents so Spanish law applies.However a few comments on their facebook will probably get results.They won't want their friends in Preston to know what they have done,and if you click on her house photo you will see that the name of their road is listed in the comments on the photo. Good luck.

Suej
08-04-2012, 16:50
Firstly I would make a denuncia here without hesitation. Secondly I would take advice as to whether a crime has been committed in the UK. Has money been paid by clients in the UK to a UK bank account for example. Thirdly consider whether a civil claim can be persued in the UK. With that lovely new house and cash in the bank collection would not present a problem if a judgement can br obtained.

I'm not on FB but has anyone confronted this couple on there at all? They have to be aware they are being watched and their movements monitored You would think they or (she Karen) would be keeping a low profile!???

TenerifePool
08-04-2012, 17:06
They were /are Spanish residents so Spanish law applies.However a few comments on their facebook will probably get results.They won't want their friends in Preston to know what they have done,and if you click on her house photo you will see that the name of their road is listed in the comments on the photo. Good luck.

The issue is WHERE the crime was committed, the question of residence is irrelevent. I'm just thinking that if it can be proved that a crime was committed in the UK (as well as here) then these people could be chased in BOTH countries.

sunseeker
08-04-2012, 17:48
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsunshine-property-tenerife.co.uk%2Fabout-us.php&h=pAQFi9Hts

found this with their picture, all others seemed to have disappeared !!!!
that link doesnt work. do u mean this pic? i got it of the page u tried to link to. http://sunshine-property-tenerife.co.uk/about-us.php
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2801&d=1333903575

They were /are Spanish residents so Spanish law applies.However a few comments on their facebook will probably get results.They won't want their friends in Preston to know what they have done,and if you click on her house photo you will see that the name of their road is listed in the comments on the photo. Good luck.u can only see this if your on her friends list.

Suej
08-04-2012, 17:59
i know nothing about this case but it dont seem to me they are on the run from anyone . i would be carfull in case they
turn round and get a lawyer here to stop this forum for allowing it to be used against them..

regardless of my FB page me and jordan are just good friends

and good joke keeping low profile on facebook

That's exactly what I mean! seems a bit strange they are keeping themselves "out there!"

mike in chayofa
08-04-2012, 17:59
i know nothing about this case but it dont seem to me they are on the run from anyone . i would be carfull in case they
turn round and get a lawyer here to stop this forum for allowing it to be used against them..

Me too.

I believe that enough info has now been given and now leave it up to those affected to take their case to the authorities.

Thread closed

PeterParker
18-01-2013, 20:41
Hi there

Just came across some info those of you that had problems with Sunshine Properties Tenerife and are owed money. Apparently, i have been told from a reliable source in the UK that said M&K Rushe have recently bought thier own property in Lostock Hall, Lancs and they have also opened thier own Estate Agency including rentals abroad. The business is called Stonehouse Homes, Tel 0845 548 1231. www.stonehousehomes.co.uk its located in Walton Le Dale, Lancs

Good Luck in getting hold of them. Be great to hear from anyone who gets an answer

9PLUS
18-01-2013, 20:58
Correct......