PDA

View Full Version : There is no "I" in "Team"...

DJ Dangerous
11-06-2011, 22:17
There is no "I" in "Team"...

Or is there?

I was speaking with somebody about this earlier, and they left me with the distinct impression that there is no such thing as a team.

It is "I", "You" or "Me", "Them" and "Us", but no "We"?

I was always under the impression that every team had a leader, a structure, and players for each role.

I left after our conversation earlier feeling distinctly down, questioning a lot of things - have all of the teams I've played a part in, or lead, just been illusion?

CIM
11-06-2011, 22:21
There is no "I" in "Team"...

Or is there?
No theres not, I just checked in the dictionary - thread closed?

DJ Dangerous
11-06-2011, 22:27
No theres not, I just checked in the dictionary - thread closed?

Pfft, there are two "I"'s in "the dictionary"...

CIM

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* View Blog Entries
* Visit Homepage
* View Articles
* Add as Contact

Currently Online Now
Tenerifian
is expecting another troll pretty
soon...

Off topic - is the missus expecting again??

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 00:50
[QUOTE=DJ Dangerous;12974]There is no "I" in "Team"...

Or is there?

I was speaking with somebody about this earlier, and they left me with the distinct impression that there is no such thing as a team.

It is "I", "You" or "Me", "Them" and "Us", but no "We"?

I was always under the impression that every team had a leader, a structure, and players for each role.
Unless they have a laissez faire philosophy....which rarely works.
If your teams were productive then they would probablyhave had a leader etc etc as you have stated.

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 00:54
Sorry, simpleton reading. Que?

DJ Dangerous
12-06-2011, 01:04

How did you know I was reading it?!!!

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 01:16
Sorry, reminded me of Uni garbage they try to get you to believe . Basically its a team where everyone thinks they are of equal calibre, strengths, intelect etc and do not need a leader......like a DREADED committee (even they have a chair). Hippy nonesense that doesnt work...All men were NOT created equal...you need to keep the eeeejits out of the decision making process, get them to make the tea and go for the cakes x

DJ Dangerous
12-06-2011, 01:18
Sorry, reminded me of Uni garbage they try to get you to believe . Basically its a team where everyone thinks they are of equal calibre, strengths, intelect etc and do not need a leader......like a DREADED committee (even they have a chair). Hippy nonesense that doesnt work...All men were NOT created equal...you need to keep the eeeejits out of the decision making process, get them to make the tea and go for the cakes x

How many sugars would you like?

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 01:22
How many sugars would you like?
i will fetch the battenburg

CIM
12-06-2011, 01:25
you need to keep the eeeejits out of the decision making process
Shame democracy is based upon this model then isnīt it!!! I dont know a better system but he one we have doesnt work...

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:34
Would if I was in charge.........

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 01:40
Shame democracy is based upon this model then isnīt it!!! I dont know a better system but he one we have doesnt work...
Democracy is up the ladder a bit, this is when noone is in charge, the colour of toilet paper to buy would take a week to decide, there was a good programme highlighting it recently when all coucil services were withdrawn from a street and they had to do everything as a community...even then certain people came through as leaders and others as followers

DJ Dangerous
12-06-2011, 01:45
Isn't democracy based on two words from the olden days?

"Demo", meaning "demo", and "cracy", meaning "crazy"...

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:48
I think i am the leader of my house

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 01:50
Isn't democracy based on two words from the olden days?

"Demo", meaning "demo", and "cracy", meaning "crazy"...
well until we find something better we are stuck with it......personally i think we should have a 'free drink for all' party, I;d vote for them...oh wait, thats the SNP, thats why i voted for them....i did wonder!!!!

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:54
I think i am the leader of my house

Wish I was............

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:55
I am no longer leader.....Jack Russell Patch has just informed me its walkies time.....Goodnight all......

Tom & Sharon
12-06-2011, 09:16

Many years ago when i was an apprentice,we were told that a new philosophy was to be used in the company,no blame culture,everyone of equal standing blah,blah,blah.

One day i had cause to complain,and quoted this new mantra 'everyone of equal standing' and said 'I thought we were all equal', my manager put a hand around my shoulder and said 'We are all equal,it's just that some are more equal than others' :doh:

Harmonicaman
12-06-2011, 09:47
Many years ago when i was an apprentice,we were told that a new philosophy was to be used in the company,no blame culture,everyone of equal standing blah,blah,blah.

One day i had cause to complain,and quoted this new mantra 'everyone of equal standing' and said 'I thought we were all equal', my manager put a hand around my shoulder and said 'We are all equal,it's just that some are more equal than others' :doh:

George Orwell, "Animal Farm".

with cheese
12-06-2011, 13:27
George Orwell, "Animal Farm".
Make sure you get the right version.

Chivas Regal
13-06-2011, 22:10
There is no 'i' in team but there is an 'm' and an 'e' which spells 'ME' so Bol**xxxxx to the rest of em'!

kieraj
13-06-2011, 23:11
In a team there are thinkers, doers, reflectors, leaders, followers, moaners, pacifiers etc we are all equal but play a different role in the team, when a team works well we have all of the above.