PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones PAYG Spanish SIM only

DaveCull
03-04-2012, 13:27
Although we've been resident for 8 years, we are both still using UK SIM mobiles. 90% of their use is for when we go back to the UK. We send SMS texts via Internet, only using our phones for incoming texts and emergencies.
Our only real need for a Spanish PAYG SIM is to receive texts from the hospitals to confirm/change appointments and stuff like that.
Can anyone recommend a simple solution?
Many thanks.

TenerifeTeddy
03-04-2012, 14:29
Provided your phone is unlocked, then a HITS sim would be fine for you. They are currently €5, with €5 credit on them and 5c per minute if you opt for auto top up, or 9c per minute (Hello Tariff)to Spanish Landline and mobiles. 15c connection charge, the same as all other Spanish sims.

babybadger
09-04-2012, 22:39
If its unlocked, you can use any PAYG SIM, but most SIM cards require you to register via your residencia.

If its a smartphone (blackberry, HTC etc. or Iphone) then I would recommend Orange Delfin (dolphin) , Vodafone do a similar tariff

http://movil.orange.es/tarifas-y-ahorro/tarjeta/delfin/

Only €3.5/ week and it gives you 100mb a week at 3.6mbps speed then slows down to 128kb/s adequate for most, and also gives you 50 free text messages. It works very well on my Iphone 3GS and works all over the Island on 3G very well, extreme rural places may give a problem. I just topup the €3.5/week and it is really easy. If I go back to the UK, I just put €10 on when I return and it starts again....