PDA

View Full Version : Positives about the Tenerife Forum?

DJ Dangerous
11-06-2011, 22:32
Is there a thread on this?

Are there things that you like about the forum?

Are there things that you are happier about since the server change?

I for one, like the way you don't need to log-in to use the "search" function - that was a real bug on the old forum.

SuzyQ
11-06-2011, 22:36
I like it. The regular members amongst us are all here with the same user names mostly. You forget it's changed, apart from all the posts being missing. Will we ever get them back do you think?

sunspot
11-06-2011, 22:37
I like not having to wait a minute in between posting ,better now 30 seconds

Jackie
11-06-2011, 23:16
It's just like home from home, apart from many old threads missing, which I am sure in time will be added nothing has changed really. As Suzy says the regular gang are back so all's good

DaveRF
11-06-2011, 23:17
I like not having to wait a minute in between posting ,better now 30 seconds

The response times in general are much better and far less frustrating too.

used2bTurner
11-06-2011, 23:21
i know i'm a retuning member who had only just joined before the change but it still feels good. Shame all the old info is not here tho.

CIM
11-06-2011, 23:34
i know i'm a retuning member
Good - could you retune my car next Wednesday?

used2bTurner
11-06-2011, 23:52
Good - could you retune my car next Wednesday?

haha. spelling was never my fortay..:surrender:

COL NIL SATIS
12-06-2011, 00:26
Best thing about the changes to the forum are ,Members now have A FORUM owner that is actually bothered about the Forum ,also Mods that can actually Mod things and are not handcuffed by the Administrator ,the old site had one name in charge of everything ...Zarion

This forum will bloom and blossom over the next few months ,it feels a lot more homely than the old forum and in truth is already a lot better ,members are already re adding old (thread faves etc)

This sites superb ,and under the NEW MANAGEMENT(The Tenerife Forum) is onto a Winner in my eyes ,top members here at the Tenerife forum and a fantastic and loyal member base ,any forum would love to have that at there fingertips.....

This place rocks!!!!!!! and will only get better and better in time ....absolute top notch forum and one that i love coming onto when i have time!!!

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:03
Best thing about the changes to the forum are ,Members now have A FORUM owner that is actually bothered about the Forum ,also Mods that can actually Mod things and are not handcuffed by the Administrator ,the old site had one name in charge of everything ...Zarion

This forum will bloom and blossom over the next few months ,it feels a lot more homely than the old forum and in truth is already a lot better ,members are already re adding old (thread faves etc)

This sites superb ,and under the NEW MANAGEMENT(The Tenerife Forum) is onto a Winner in my eyes ,top members here at the Tenerife forum and a fantastic and loyal member base ,any forum would love to have that at there fingertips.....

This place rocks!!!!!!! and will only get better and better in time ....absolute top notch forum and one that i love coming onto when i have time!!!

I know you're right, Col.

I for one was gobsmacked at the loyalty that old members have shown.

Goes to show; Quality will out

onelegnofeet
12-06-2011, 09:18
Are badges available yet ???:lol:

Tom & Sharon
12-06-2011, 09:29
Great,needs a few more smileys though.:idea::surrender::crazy::pray::eyebrows::po ke::hole::stupid::whip::sailor2::hit::love::lol::p :angel::bestwishes::mopping::mexicanwave::popcorn: :spam::flower::laundry::stars::teacher::drinking:: dishes::cold: ;)

Tojack
12-06-2011, 09:51

Never mind badges.What's the achievements and awards icons pls.

Jackie
12-06-2011, 11:02
and already number 1 in Goggle search:cheer::cheer:

TenerifeTeddy
12-06-2011, 11:16
Never mind badges.What's the achievements and awards icons pls.

This is an area of the Forum that is available with this version of VBulletin. It looks as though it could be a useful tool as some stage in the future development of the forum, but Admin is busy just getting the forum back on its feet at the moment, so it is definitely something for the future.

Amongst the possibilties are for example, points being given for useful/helpful posts and those points then being redeemable against advertising. Itīs a form of loyalty bonus, the idea being that people who contribute to the forum can get some benefit back from it.

Its a balancing act though and needs to be thought through properly, as the whole idea of the forum is as an interactive community resource. We want to continue to build Tenerife Forum to be the the most valuable and effective source of information on Tenerife for everyone.

dede
11-07-2011, 14:19
Positives about the Tenerife Forum?

It shows it has the best mods that are doing a fantastic job sorting out all the cranks from the posters that just want to enjoy the forum...:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:.

onelegnofeet
11-07-2011, 14:43
Positives about the Tenerife Forum?

It shows it has the best mods that are doing a fantastic job sorting out all the cranks from the posters that just want to enjoy the forum...:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:.

But whose going to sort the Cranks out of the Mods .................only kidding folks:eyebrows::eyebrows:or am i ??:fryingpan:

dede
11-07-2011, 14:48
Its just so good to know that the cranks are getting less and less ...........:gun::gun::gun:soon there will be none :pray::pray:

pablo1
11-07-2011, 16:21
Re the thread title - far outweigh the negatives....

Goforgold
11-07-2011, 18:26
Well, I enjoy the TF . Without this Forum I wouldn't have learnt so much about the island. :)

A.P.&.S.S
11-07-2011, 21:29

I know someone who could make some nice car window stickers...we dont need badges?! :whistle:

Jackie
11-07-2011, 21:32
I know someone who could make some nice car window stickers...we dont need badges?! :whistle:

We do if we haven't got a car ;)

A.P.&.S.S
11-07-2011, 21:34
We do if we haven't got a car ;)

LOL @ Jackie.......ok stickers for the inside of you front window?? easy..... :lol:

Or for your scooter??

tonypub
11-07-2011, 21:35
LOL @ Jackie.......ok stickers for the inside of you front window?? easy..... :lol:

Or for your scooter??cheeky,jackie aint gotta mobility scooter

slodgedad
11-07-2011, 21:39

Very nice gesture AP. How many do you want to donate?..:bite:

A.P.&.S.S
11-07-2011, 21:39
cheeky,jackie aint gotta mobility scooter

I'd never insult Jackie....but now you mention it I could make a nice Tenerife Forum sticker for it too??

Added after 2 Hours:

Very nice gesture AP. How many do you want to donate?..:bite:

I'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement....Pm me if your interested??