PDA

View Full Version : Other Are there any organised walking groups in south Tenerife?

RETEPYELKNIRB
04-04-2012, 17:14
Hello Newbie here,does anyone know of any walkers groups/ organised walks around Adeje area or close.Any info' would be much appreciated thankyou.

Zara
04-04-2012, 19:06
You need to contact Cyberhiker http://www.cyberhiker.co.uk/ He used to be a member of the old forum, donīt know if he is on this one. But a lovely bloke who IMO has some of the best knowledge about walking on the island.

Ashro Autos
04-04-2012, 20:39
Bumped into Cyberhiker the other night and he is away for a couple of weeks on his hols.He has great knowledge of majority of walks so well worth a contact

imablue
04-04-2012, 21:00
Yep He de Man........ even wrote a book of the walks he has done ....

paul knight
21-06-2012, 21:05
Has Cyberhiker got a mobile?

Sole Sister
21-06-2012, 22:06
never heard of ciberhiker but he sounds good, if you want organised hikes check out www.tenerifeoutdoors.com

imablue
22-06-2012, 10:06
Has Cyberhiker got a mobile?

Should imagine he has ..but why not send him a P.M.through the forum to make initial contact ....

Gym 50+
22-06-2012, 11:38
We do organize walks once a month. Everybody is welcome. We do the red mountain in "El Medano" the Masca walk, the Barranco del Infierno and a few other popular walks in the north of the Island. Its always a highlight and people should bring their camara.

Nicole
22-06-2012, 12:01
The monthly walks sound good. How do you find out about them....are they posted on the forum?

KirstyJay
22-06-2012, 12:05
I don't think so, but maybe they should be! :)

Gym 50+
22-06-2012, 13:03
Ok,till now I just advertised them in my Gym but I will keep you People updated. I will always post like two weeks in advance so we can organize everything smooth

Skeggy
22-06-2012, 13:13
We do organize walks once a month. Everybody is welcome. We do the red mountain in "El Medano" the Masca walk, the Barranco del Infierno and a few other popular walks in the north of the Island. Its always a highlight and people should bring their camara.

Is the Barranco Del Infierno now open as for the last thre years that I have walked in Tenerife it has been closed

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

chifleta
22-06-2012, 13:27
Is the Barranco Del Infierno now open as for the last thre years that I have walked in Tenerife it has been closed

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Still closed i'm afraid.... such a shame, i've lived here 20 years, and now I feel fit enough to do any type of walking, it's been closed up :(

Gym 50+
22-06-2012, 13:52
Ok, i tell a little secret. The Barranco del Infierno walk we donīt do from the main entry. There is a much more interesting, but I admit more difficult path from down where the cementury of Adeje is. As you go from there you will reach the end of Barranco del Infierno aswell, BUT ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE FIT! Cause there is little , very little climbing involved. Good shoes and never on your own. I did that several times, so if someone is interested send me a pm

chifleta
22-06-2012, 16:04
Ok, i tell a little secret. The Barranco del Infierno walk we donīt do from the main entry. There is a much more interesting, but I admit more difficult path from down where the cementury of Adeje is. As you go from there you will reach the end of Barranco del Infierno aswell, BUT ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE FIT! Cause there is little , very little climbing involved. Good shoes and never on your own. I did that several times, so if someone is interested send me a pm

just don't send a denuncia to the local Ayuntamiento if a huge rock falls on your head................ :bricks::denied:

Gym 50+
22-06-2012, 19:28
just don't send a denuncia to the local Ayuntamiento if a huge rock falls on your head................ :bricks::denied:
Sad enough that could happen anywhere on a vulcanic island, my walkings are not for people who just want to do some side seeing, and i make sure that those who join in know where we going and what could happen. Anyway, its the only way to see some really nice nature on the island and as a hobby photographer having all over sudden a "mufflon" infront of your camara just donīt happen on public walkways ;)

chifleta
22-06-2012, 19:37
having all over sudden a "mufflon" infront of your camara just donīt happen on public walkways ;)

unless you live in El Fraile.... oh wait, those are cabras or are they vaifos! :grufalo: (this was nearest I could get to a goat people, sorry :laugh:

anyway, just want to point out to anyone reading this thread, that the Barranco is closed for a reason, go at your own risk and if you are daft enough to go, take a helmet...... i'll wait until it's officially safe again thankyouverymuchly :wink2:

ribuck
22-06-2012, 21:48
... i'll wait until it's officially safe again thankyouverymuchly :wink2:
Oh well, that means you can't do Masca Gorge either. It has a government sign at the beginning warning that it's not yet officially safe. And yet, on a good day, there are hundreds of people in the gorge.

And you can't do the dramatic Risco track from Teno Alto to Buena Vista. It has a government sign at the beginning warning that it doesn't yet meet "norms". And you can't do that incredible track midway up the Los Gigantes cliffs (starting from Calle Tabaiba in Los Gigantes). A sign warns that since the recent landslide it is not yet been made safe. Actually, I can't see that one ever being made safe.

Oh, you also can't drive to Punta del Teno, where the sign says it's so dangerous that it's forbidden except for authorised people at their own risk. And yet, on a nice day, there are plenty of people at Punta del Teno.

Hiking in Tenerife can never be completely safe. But it's so exciting that it's worth it.

chifleta
22-06-2012, 22:50
Oh well, that means you can't do Masca Gorge either. It has a government sign at the beginning warning that it's not yet officially safe. And yet, on a good day, there are hundreds of people in the gorge.

And you can't do the dramatic Risco track from Teno Alto to Buena Vista. It has a government sign at the beginning warning that it doesn't yet meet "norms". And you can't do that incredible track midway up the Los Gigantes cliffs (starting from Calle Tabaiba in Los Gigantes). A sign warns that since the recent landslide it is not yet been made safe. Actually, I can't see that one ever being made safe.

Oh, you also can't drive to Punta del Teno, where the sign says it's so dangerous that it's forbidden except for authorised people at their own risk. And yet, on a nice day, there are plenty of people at Punta del Teno.

Hiking in Tenerife can never be completely safe. But it's so exciting that it's worth it.

As the saying goes "Fill yer boots" :wink:

johnr
12-03-2014, 15:13
I'm due back 26th March for 6 weeks and would like to get out and about. Have done some walking in the past but not really up to climbing mountains. The posts in this section seem to be quite old but if anyone has any up to date info on organised walks in south Tenerife that would be helpful. Don't think I am confident enough to stride out into the unknown alone (laughter).

lynnangela
12-03-2014, 16:17
Yes there is a group that does a regular walk, they tend to post on Facebook though. Let me know by PM if you want me to put you in touch with them.