PDA

View Full Version : Finding it Hard to Love Twitter

SuzyQ
12-06-2011, 00:15
I really try with Twitter. So many are on it then I guess they cant all be wrong, but i just dont get it. On Facebook its easier to find people as they mostly register under their own names. Not so with twitter. OK, I thought, Iīll follow some of my favourite celebs. How? You search a name and get a load of options, not always obvious which is the real one and which has been set up by an obsessed fan.
I run the live arico account, yet we have over 3000 ĻLikesĻon our FB Page, but only 24 followers on Twitter. Cant seem to get the FB people onto Twitter. Or maybe they dont feel the need since the FB page is updated so regularly. Is it just me that doesnt get it? And for those of you that do, tell me what Im doing wrong :) Cheers :)

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 00:30
Hi Sue, It beats me...dont understand it. I registered over a year ago but apart from using to keep up to speed on major world events.i.e revolutions in middle East, Tsunami (which it cant be beat on) i dont use it x Needs to be idiot proof for me to use it x

DaveRF
12-06-2011, 00:31
I'm with you Suzy. I don't get it either. I've tried a few times and just don't bother any more.

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 00:49
I can't see the point of having a site telling everyone everything you are doing, live.

Millions do though..........Perhaps it's an age thing............Long time since I was a young 'un

What annoys me most is that all the top broadcasters are pushing it, including the beeb......??????

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:15
I'm just dipping my toes in on here........

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:22
I thought Facebook was bad enough for drivel but.................duh

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:31
Am I in the right place then Slodge?

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:35
Am I in the right place then Slodge?

You certainly are, Vinceybabe.

This site, of which we are all very proud, will never turn into a glorified chat room as others have

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 01:35
It is great for current affairs, apparently Bin Ladens death raid was first reported by a little pakistani in the house down the road, tweeting that there was something odd happening above his house hahaha

sundownersvince
12-06-2011, 01:37
Oh, I'll stop chatting then! :D

Added after 2 minutes:

It is great for current affairs, apparently Bin Ladens death raid was first reported by a little pakistani in the house down the road, tweeting that there was something odd happening above his house hahaha

Are you sure he was little?

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:45

My point is that is is absolutely useless as a news/ information tool. Everything is subjective, unregulated and personal with no comeback to the poster.

So many rumours and misinformation from twitter has been copied to major boards.

If I had my way then twitter would have no part of this Forum.

This is a personal comment and nothing to do with being a mod

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 01:55
My point is that is is absolutely useless as a news/ information tool. Everything is subjective, unregulated and personal with no comeback to the poster.

So many rumours and misinformation from twitter has been copied to major boards.

If I had my way then twitter would have no part of this Forum.

This is a personal comment and nothing to do with being a mod

Appreciate your point...I could state i have George Clooney waiting for me in the bedroom....doesnt make it fact....alas x

slodgedad
12-06-2011, 01:56
Appreciate your point...I could state i have George Clooney waiting for me in the bedroom....doesnt make it fact....alas x

One lucky lady,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:censored:

Zara
12-06-2011, 08:02
I don't like it either but then I also don't like facebook. Easy option, add hootsuite then write your comment once, schedule it to hit them both and you dont have to visit either. simples.

Vortex Wake
12-06-2011, 09:07
I don't like it either but then I also don't like facebook. Easy option, add hootsuite then write your comment once, schedule it to hit them both and you dont have to visit either. simples.

Its a pity people reply to these type of drone Facebook accounts when the op's never read the reply comments or even like Facebook.

Zara
12-06-2011, 09:25
Its a pity people reply to these type of drone Facebook accounts when the op's never read the reply comments or even like Facebook.

Donīt quite follow your comment ??? but with sites like hootsuite you can see all the replies, comments, tweets anything else you wish to see without having to move from one website to another and you can answer them - it is easy to use unlike facebook which I find quite difficult. So the benefits of sites like twitter/FB without the frustrations of permanently having to log in, etc.

Vortex Wake
12-06-2011, 09:37
Donīt quite follow your comment ??? but with sites like hootsuite you can see all the replies, comments, tweets anything else you wish to see without having to move from one website to another and you can answer them - it is easy to use unlike facebook which I find quite difficult. So the benefits of sites like twitter/FB without the frustrations of permanently having to log in, etc.

Ah, I understand you now . It sounded like you just post but never read the replies - that was all.

:)

SuzyQ
12-06-2011, 10:17
Now, I love Facebook. A different league to Twitter. Its does so much more than just status updates. Im glad its not only me with Twitterphobia though, haha.

Chris P. Bacon
12-06-2011, 10:42
I don't get it at all...........???

Jackie
12-06-2011, 10:51

haha Carole, you COULD say you had George Clooney waiting in your bedroom but you would have been lying because you know full well he was in mine, FACT ;)

Twitter is not for me either, can't get my head around it at all. My youngest has just started using it and he really likes it.

henry
12-06-2011, 13:41
i use to have my space. but most of my friend told me go to facebook. which i did i now have facebook for allmost a year now. some of my friends donīt like twitter itīs too confused. facebook it easy. and speaking of myspace. you donīt hear it anymore now a days. it still there but since twitter and facebook came myspace is slowly die

caroletenerife
12-06-2011, 15:59
haha Carole, you COULD say you had George Clooney waiting in your bedroom but you would have been lying because you know full well he was in mine, FACT ;)

Twitter is not for me either, can't get my head around it at all. My youngest has just started using it and he really likes it.
So thats where he went!!!!!! i only went to swill my teeth under the tap and he was gone. You can keep him, Colin Firth is popping in for coffee later x

Goforgold
12-06-2011, 19:16
I really try with Twitter. So many are on it then I guess they cant all be wrong, but i just dont get it.

Yes - they CAN all be wrong SuzQ - look how many followed Hitler!!! :)

Andy0210
12-06-2011, 19:45
It is great for current affairs, apparently Bin Ladens death raid was first reported by little pakistani in the house down the road, tweeting that there was something odd happening above his house hahaha

Are you sure he was little?

And are you sure his name was Stan ???

SuzyQ
12-06-2011, 20:25
Bloody hell youre here!!!! It wasnt the same without you, lol :)

poker
12-06-2011, 21:24
Trying Twitter also via tweetcaster already few weeks and cant seem to master it or totaly understand it .

Have facebook for several years already and find it better .

Problem is yust there are a few stufs i like to follow now on twitter so i keep looking now and then but dont post anything as i find it to confusing .

Suej
12-06-2011, 21:26
Yes - they CAN all be wrong SuzQ - look how many followed Hitler!!! :)

See youīve not changed GFG....Love it!!! LOL!!!!:crylaughing:

Added after 4 minutes:

OH reckons Iīm always twittering on too much so itīs a non starter for me!:whistle:

bonitatime
13-06-2011, 14:00
Slowly getting twitter.
I have always used it to post blogs but recently I have been following Hash tags. On the Canarain day they were discussing which were good Canarian words and there have been several football tags I have folowed. This has given me a much better idea how the whole thing works