PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to send a post or PM but can't

foxyuk
05-04-2012, 16:40
hi guys trying to send a pm to a member but does not give me a message box to fill in

any help?

Harmonicaman
05-04-2012, 20:53
Have a look at this foxy..it may help.

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-6.png

tracy hampshire
05-04-2012, 21:04
i´m having the same problem, the end box is just grey, & won´t let me wright anyting !!!!!!!

Harmonicaman
05-04-2012, 21:06
i´m having the same problem, the end box is just grey, & won´t let me wright anyting !!!!!!!

Can you see the little triangle on post#2?

mike in chayofa
05-04-2012, 22:51
Can you see the little triangle on post#2?

If you can't either 'scroll down' or reduce the 'visible size' by pressing ... control and the minus sign to zoom out

tracy hampshire
05-04-2012, 23:06
done it ,& i´m from yorkshire, hahaha, thanks,

mike in chayofa
06-04-2012, 00:04
done it ,& i´m from yorkshire, hahaha, thanks,

That's one out of two, so far :D

Come on foxyuk, Harmonicaman need a 100% success rate :wink2:

Nytehawk
02-07-2012, 23:10
I have a greyed out message box and all the indicators point to the forum mods preventing my posts WHY??

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 23:22
I have a greyed out message box and all the indicators point to the forum mods preventing my posts WHY??

I have checked your settings at this end and can find nothing wrong.

I will send you a PM to check if you are receiving and then reply.

If you can't then post here

KirstyJay
02-07-2012, 23:38
I have a greyed out message box and all the indicators point to the forum mods preventing my posts WHY??Do you use internet explorer?

slodgedad
02-07-2012, 23:46
I have checked your settings at this end and can find nothing wrong.

I will send you a PM to check if you are receiving and then reply.

If you can't then post here

Have not yet received anything.

Do you use internet explorer?

Never thought of that. The Forum doesn't get along too well with IE, as doesn't anyone I know.

Nytehawk
02-07-2012, 23:51
Hello.......... I am now able to reply here Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

slodgedad
03-07-2012, 00:05
hi guys trying to send a pm to a member but does not give me a message box to fill in

any help?

Sorry there seem to have been a few replies and your OP seems to have been overlooked.

Are you still having a problem or have the replies helped?

Have set a PM to check. Please reply. If you can't then please post on here.

Nytehawk
03-07-2012, 09:29
Hi again, some improvement if when I go to the message box and go advanced, ON THIS OCCASION it has allowed me to post. It has happened out of the blue because I was posting regularly. I'm on a car forum with exactly the same programme/software and don't have any problems, any help would be appreciated. I have also looked in my SentBox and not one of the messages I sent regarding this over the past 2 weeks are there? Thanks

Kande
19-07-2012, 14:38
Hi,

I´ve pressed the "reply thread" and "reply" buttons but I still can´t write in the box. It still appears in grey not white like this one. This has also happened to me when I´ve tried to send pm´s.

And the solution is.....what?

KirstyJay
19-07-2012, 14:49
Hi,

I´ve pressed the "reply thread" and "reply" buttons but I still can´t write in the box. It still appears in grey not white like this one. This has also happened to me when I´ve tried to send pm´s.

And the solution is.....what?
I've merged your thread with an existing one that answers your question several times. Please have a read through :)

AL JAY
19-07-2012, 15:00
I have just replied to this thread at 14.49 but it appears to have vanished although it appears on my Profile page! *scratches head*;)

Here is a copy and paste of my post! i think i must have posted it at exactly the same time it was merged!

Today, 14:49
AL JAY replied to a poll I want to reply to a thread but can't in Help & Assistance
Are you using Internet Explorer as your browser? If so you would be better using Firefox or Chrome for on here! You can still keep IE for other...
see more
0 replies | 13 view(s)

Kande
29-07-2012, 18:16
I tried the "small triangle" thingy and the "control and minus key" but they still didn´t allow me to post a reply. I downloaded "Chrome" and opened up the forum with this and voila I now have white boxes to reply in.

Thanks

slodgedad
29-07-2012, 21:00
I tried the "small triangle" thingy and the "control and minus key" but they still didn´t allow me to post a reply. I downloaded "Chrome" and opened up the forum with this and voila I now have white boxes to reply in.

Thanks

Thanks for the update.

Sometimes it's a simple fix.

As has been said on numerous occasions, the Forum and IE don't get on

jac 25
02-08-2012, 09:55
Hi, I am pulling my hair out.I have a grey box wich won't let me write messages.I can see the triangle mentioned in the help section but it won't drag.I am trying to correspond with someone re accomodation and am getting frustrated with it.Can anyone help please.

Vortex Wake
02-08-2012, 09:59
This forum uses software that is not compatible with Internet explorer .

A browser such as Google chrome or Firefox will sort the 'grey box' issue - and yes, it is pretty poor on the part of the forum software techies who produced the software .

Kande
02-08-2012, 10:30
Hi,

I had the same problem and did download Chrome and used that to open this forum until- I have since found that if you press the "Go Advanced" box below next to the "Post quick reply" box that works (for me) so there will be no need to download Chrome.

Pets@Home
02-08-2012, 10:39
yes press "go advanced" and box turns white ..............

Madre
02-08-2012, 10:42
Yes I have the same problem but if you go advanced it then works ok as said. I had to go advanced to send this.

jac 25
02-08-2012, 21:21
Hi, Thank you to all who helped solve my problem of the grey box.Being a newbie I really apreciated the response.

slodgedad
02-08-2012, 21:52
Unfortunately a lot of people still use IE because it's default with windows and don't realize there are far better, free, sites, or are scared to move away.

DUMP IE!!!!Hate it. Firefox....:bowdown:

COL NIL SATIS
02-08-2012, 23:06
Unfortunately a lot of people still use IE because it's default with windows and don't realize there are far better, free, sites, or are scared to move away.

DUMP IE!!!!Hate it. Firefox....:bowdown:

Is the correct answer......Firefox all day long

slodgedad
02-08-2012, 23:16
Is the correct answer......Firefox all day long

In my opinion...SI.

Lurv da fox.....

chelseamassive
23-09-2012, 16:22
Anyone else ever had grey box when replying to a message and unable to type on it?Any solutions to resolve it ?
.[p.s judyj thanks for your message,would you mind messaging me with your email and i will respond that way for now,many thanks]

ciderhunter
23-09-2012, 16:29
I have had this problem too. I was using Internet Explorer and for some reason the site doesn't like it. I now use Google Chrome and that works fine.

KirstyJay
23-09-2012, 16:30
Please read the sticky thread at the top of this section. This has been covered many times. :)

Sundowner
24-09-2012, 11:35
I have the same problem! This has been an ongoing problem since .org was set up. I guess there was not enough money in the kitty to do a proper job or the person who did the software had limited skills.

But at least I can read the posts and if the wind is coming from the right direction sometimes respond.

chelseamassive
24-09-2012, 11:38
Thanks for replies,i"ve now installed firefox and it seems to work now !

Bradybunch
09-10-2012, 15:29
I've been trying to post a reply to the thread how long is it before you go on holiday and I am unable to the reply to thread box is shaded grey and wont let me type something. It could be that I am unable to as I havent been on for a while been ridiculously busy. Help! ta

Vortex Wake
09-10-2012, 15:33
Its a known issue with the Forum software designer geeks not making it fully compatible with Internet Explorer - try selecting 'Advanced' to enter text OR download FireFox web browser :)

sunnytenerife
14-10-2012, 19:51
me tooo :-( its been driving me crazy for months !!!! however Ive now read through the whole of this thread and will now download Google Chrome :-) fingers crossed & I would just like to say Sorry to anyone who has PM'd me in the past and has not received a reply.

I also used to be a Supertenerifian but thats gone too :-(

slodgedad
15-10-2012, 01:59
As has been pointed out in numerous threads and posts in the past, the Forum has issues with IE.

To get the most out of the Forum IE is not recommended.

Of the various browsers I have tried, Firefox has always been the best to me, not only on this site but for everything else I do on line.

Everyone who has seen my Firefox set up on my lappie has immediately changed.

Great tool bars, great add ons and most importantly, easy to use.

KirstyJay
15-10-2012, 12:23
...and VB 5 is in the beta stages, so will be released shortly and the forum will be upgraded, so I think we'll wait until then to look into the issue. Hopefully the upgrade will sort it out without having to do anything :)

caz12
10-11-2012, 18:32
why cant i not post? sometimes when i to what post or answer a post this white box is blue in colour, and i cant post. does anybody elese have this.?:ashamed:

Vortex Wake
10-11-2012, 18:53
The problem relates to the forum software not being fully comparable with Internet Explorer browser - try clicking 'advanced' when replying , or use a different web browser such as firefox.

celine
09-05-2013, 10:52
how does a member start a new post

Malteser Monkey
09-05-2013, 11:02
how does a member start a new post

a new thread do you mean

celine
09-05-2013, 11:12
yes..i was walking through cricklewood yesterday and though.."this country is finished"...I just thought it would make a good forum topic

Malteser Monkey
09-05-2013, 11:29
yes..i was walking through cricklewood yesterday and though.."this country is finished"...I just thought it would make a good forum topic

Good Luck - I'm sure there will be some interesting comments LOL

The way I do it is go to the top of the page and click on the "Forum" button scroll down the different options ie Tenerifie related or just General chat - select which you think is the right category then there should be start a new thread button
try it if not come back

celine
09-05-2013, 13:24
thankyou I,ll try it now.