PDA

View Full Version : Other I am thinking of leaving Tenerife

tracy hampshire
05-04-2012, 20:57
as you will all already know, iīve just got married to my oh, iīve lived here in tenerife for 3 years, & luckily i worked with a contract for 19 months before i got laid off, we were both out of work and basicly skint unable to pay our rent, paro, 340 euros a month rent 360 euros a month, i had just got to the end of my savings , so would basicly be homeless shortly, when a very , very important person in my life passed away and left me some money, if not, i donīt know where i would be now, sad to say, i have i hope sensibly tied 80 percent of my money up in the uk, so i canīt fritter it all away here, by living the non existant dream, we are, once all the paper work is sorted thinking of visiting morocco, and seeing what the situation is there, as my ohīs family live there & the sahara, thinking maybe agadir, has anyone here spent time in morocco ?, so beware any one of you who are thinking of moving over for anything other than maybe a summer job, things are dire .

cainaries
05-04-2012, 21:22
as you will all already know, iīve just got married to my oh, iīve lived here in tenerife for 3 years, & luckily i worked with a contract for 19 months before i got laid off, we were both out of work and basicly skint unable to pay our rent, paro, 340 euros a month rent 360 euros a month, i had just got to the end of my savings , so would basicly be homeless shortly, when a very , very important person in my life passed away and left me some money, if not, i donīt know where i would be now, sad to say, i have i hope sensibly tied 80 percent of my money up in the uk, so i canīt fritter it all away here, by living the non existant dream, we are, once all the paper work is sorted thinking of visiting morocco, and seeing what the situation is there, as my ohīs family live there & the sahara, thinking maybe agadir, has anyone here spent time in morocco ?, so beware any one of you who are thinking of moving over for anything other than maybe a summer job, things are dire .

You are on a real rollercoaster at the moment, traceyhampshire. Very good things happening like getting married and a sad loss all at the same time.

All I can pass on to you is advice given to me years ago by my grandfather which is 'wait six months and then do whatever you want to do ... but things will look different in six months and you will make a more balanced decision'. Even 3 months might work. Getting married ... emotional ... losing a close loved one ... emotional ... you just might see things differently with a little pause.

caroll72
05-04-2012, 21:55
Tracey, Sorry for your loss, but you have been sensible in tying up your money to the uk, look on it as a blessing in disguise.
It's a safety net to help you get on your feet again.
I can't advise you with regards to Morocco, but if you do decide to come back to uk please make sure you do your research on the dreaded 'Habitual Residence Test'.
It's a test you will have to pass to re gain uk residency, and without it, you won't get any help with benefits that you may need to fall back on in the early days of your return, until you find work.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sundowner
05-04-2012, 21:58
That is very good advice........I always knew canaries were smart!:whistle:

tracy hampshire
05-04-2012, 22:09
not really wanting to go back to the uk, but have never cut my ties from there, still have a home address in the uk, thanks to my brother buying my mums house after her death, and still have bank accounts in the uk, just donīt want to fritter away my inheritance, on living a non exhistant dream, need to earn some money , then return to the dream, when things pick up, luckily i just rent here, so can just pick up sticks and go whenever, just need to make sure my baby dog lily, is ready to go with me if need be, if she, donīt go then i donīt xxx

Sundowner
05-04-2012, 22:19
If it was me I would go back to the U.K. get myself sorted and then visit Morocco for a holiday to suss out if there were any opportunities there!

Look after any capital you have.........don't waste it....in this day and age it is hard to come by!!

tracy hampshire
05-04-2012, 23:33
i īm just talking about a visit to morocco fairly soon, which will be cheaper from here than visiting from the uk, and donīt forget that if i go back to the uk i have to try & get my oh there too, which by all accounts will be very very difficult, he has a moroccan passport, but he was born in spanish occupied sahara, so his mum & dad had spanish passports, so if he can apply for a spanish passport, then we will be free to travell back to the uk if need be , life is so complicated, as my brother said...... wouldnīt it have been easier to fall in love from a guy from yorkshire !!!!!!!!!

chris
06-04-2012, 01:09
i īm just talking about a visit to morocco fairly soon, which will be cheaper from here than visiting from the uk, and donīt forget that if i go back to the uk i have to try & get my oh there too, which by all accounts will be very very difficult, he has a moroccan passport, but he was born in spanish occupied sahara, so his mum & dad had spanish passports, so if he can apply for a spanish passport, then we will be free to travell back to the uk if need be , life is so complicated, as my brother said...... wouldnīt it have been easier to fall in love with a guy from yorkshire !!!!!!!!!

The wife said that 33 years ago and did :lol::lol::lol:

yourneighbourdi
06-04-2012, 02:00
Wait 6 months stick it out, then think again....?

TOTO 99
06-04-2012, 07:56
The wife said that 33 years ago and did :lol::lol::lol:

No, your wife said Morocco Chris...:laugh:

obs
06-04-2012, 09:23
No, your wife said Morocco Chris...:laugh:

Morocco, Bradford, there's no real difference. :lol: