PDA

View Full Version : Playa de Ajabo – end in sight for the new Callao Salvaje beach

Missingthereef
19-07-2011, 21:29
Hi!
Can anyone let me know how the new beach in Callao Salvaje is coming along?

TenerifeTeddy
19-07-2011, 21:35
Look on this thread here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?329-Latest-photos-of-Callao-Beach-improvements&highlight=callao+beach) for the latest information which is updated regularly

Missingthereef
19-07-2011, 21:56
Thanks Steph!
Great news for Callao...Just getting the hang of this Forum...Love to read all the posts and can't wait for our next visit .

Valerij Kuncis
06-09-2011, 19:48
Hi everybody.
Who can me tell about Callau Salvaje beach?
Is it ready?

TenerifeTeddy
06-09-2011, 23:08
Please click on the link on post 2 above and it will take you to the latest information. :)

TenerifeTeddy
03-03-2012, 18:05
I haven't posted any updates for a while, but things have been moving on apace, especially since the new year, and completion is within sight! :)

Missingthereef
03-03-2012, 21:24
Thanks for the beach updates, TT! Booked a last minute flight and hope to visit Callao next week. Great to see things moving quickly now.

TenerifeTeddy
03-03-2012, 22:54
Yes, It's great to think that soon we will have such a great facility after such a long wait. I think it will be a real boost for the village.

If you are in Callao next week and you get the chance, please pop into Witzend and say hi, It´s always nice to meet forum members.

Canarian Weekly
06-04-2012, 11:20
Re-modelling of the beach in the heart of Callao Salvaje will be completed soon after Easter, when final acceptance will be requested from the Provincial Coastal Service under the Ministry of Rural and Marine Environment and theMunicipalityofAdejeso that the public space can be used and enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. Adeje Mayor, José Miguel [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/playa-de-ajabo-sight/)

sunseeker
06-04-2012, 11:44
ill believe it when i see it. this beach has been promised for years!

sunseeker
06-04-2012, 13:04
well wonders will never cease!

YOUNG GOLFER
06-04-2012, 13:11
Would someone be able to put up a few recent photos if possible for us all to see would like to see this new beach.
And hats off to the powers that be who have at long last given the residents what they have wanted...lets be honest what with the crisis right now it's good to see them push on with the completion.

TenerifeTeddy
06-04-2012, 13:13
There was a lot of discussion in the village that the beach would be open for easter week, and then closed again to finish off the work, but it didn't happen unfortunately. It is close to completion though, so should be ready for the summer and hopefully earlier.

MrsTT
06-04-2012, 21:13

Missingthereef
12-04-2012, 11:34
Looking forward to a paddle!

s1monsg
13-04-2012, 12:38
Would someone be able to put up a few recent photos if possible for us all to see would like to see this new beach.
I've just come to Callao Salvaje to take on an apartment for sale and popped to the beach to take some up to date photos and a video for those that can't get there. I'll post it later and you can all see the latest developments.

Added after 5 Hours 54 minutes:

I've just come to Callao Salvaje to take on an apartment for sale and popped to the beach to take some up to date photos and a video for those that can't get there. I'll post it later and you can all see the latest developments.

2826 2827 2828 2829

...and the video will be here (http://youtu.be/j3xZN0-YaB0) in about 20 minutes once it has uploaded to YouTube.

MrsTT
05-05-2012, 09:36
Beach is looking good - just needs to be 'signed off' by the Mayor apparently.

mariben
08-05-2012, 11:42
Beach is looking good - just needs to be 'signed off' by the Mayor apparently.Nobody knows when its going to open, it is finished and looks great, hopefully it will open soon then we can all enjoy it.

cjd01
14-05-2012, 15:09
Any news when this will be open? Thanks

MrsTT
14-05-2012, 18:07
Cliodna O'Flynn posted this on facebook today

:tiphat::sunburn::sunbathe::party3::swimming::sail ing::fishing::boat1::surf::sunshine::beach:

Callao Salvaje beach will be opened officially this Friday, May 19th, at midday.

Inauguración de la playa en Callao Salvaje este viernes a las 12.

Irlandesa
14-05-2012, 20:11
Adeje council have told the Callao Salvaje residents assoc (I am on the committee) that the beach will be officially opened to the public this weekend. At the moment they are saying on Friday at midday.

mariben
14-05-2012, 20:43

:tiphat::sunburn::sunbathe::party3::swimming::sail ing::fishing::boat1::surf::sunshine::beach:

Callao Salvaje beach will be opened officially this Friday, May 19th, at midday.

Inauguración de la playa en Callao Salvaje este viernes a las 12.Thats great news, we have waited a long time for this.

bonitatime
14-05-2012, 21:42
If anyone goes could they take some photos and share them please

mariben
14-05-2012, 21:54
[QUOTE=mariben;177320]Thats great news, we have waited a long time for this.[/QUOTEHi Just wanted to point out that Friday is the 18th May, can you please confirm if its the Friday or Saturday. Thank you

MrsTT
14-05-2012, 22:00
[QUOTE=mariben;177320]Thats great news, we have waited a long time for this.[/QUOTEHi Just wanted to point out that Friday is the 18th May, can you please confirm if its the Friday or Saturday. Thank you

Sorry we just passed on the info exactly as we received it. We have got back to Clio and she will confirm the day/date tomorrow.

cjd01
15-05-2012, 09:33

Inauguración de la playa en Callao Salvaje este viernes a las 12.

Thanks MrsTT - on holiday in Tenerife in a few weeks - will go and have a look!

mariben
15-05-2012, 11:12
I have Just spoken with the local councilor. The ceremony will be on Friday ( which is the 18th) at 12noonWe will definately be there, camera in hand.

lesbroz
15-05-2012, 17:34
Can't wait! Coming home on Tuesday, so will be able to lie on the beach and take in the sunshine. Something I have been missing since March.

Canarian Weekly
17-05-2012, 19:30
THE long awaited beach in Callao Salvaje – Playa Ajabo, opens Friday 18th May. The opening ceremony is at noon on the beach and members of the public are welcome. Once the ceremony is complete the beach will be open for general use. At present the beach bar area is still closed as the tender [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/callao-salvaje-beach-opens/)

Canarian Weekly
18-05-2012, 11:30
THE long awaited beach in Callao Salvaje – Playa Ajabo, opens today, Friday 18th May. The opening ceremony is at noon on the beach and members of the public are welcome. Once the ceremony is complete the beach will be open for general use. At present the beach bar area is still closed as the [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/callao-salvaje-beach-open/)

Mia
18-05-2012, 17:07
We went to the opening today.

There was a great turnout of people for the long awaited event!!! :c2:

Just neet to get the bar/kiosk open now.

emmess
18-05-2012, 17:44
had a drive down there at Easter and it looks like it'll be lovely. Bet it gets busy though!

LeFrunk
18-05-2012, 17:47
Well done Adeje council , bout time too .

addy
17-09-2012, 08:15
Well it's September and still no bar open or lights working !! All the plants are dying and the top of the beach is just dirt . Typical adeje council

Mia
17-09-2012, 17:52
The completed beach is wonderful, but as addy stated it is just unfinished!

Nothing has been done to the area at the top of the beach.

We thought that they could have at least put the lights on so it would look good at night. I do not understand why the beach lighting does not come on with the street lighting.

We went for a walk along the beach the other day and were quite angry about the cigarette ends thrown onto the sand. There is no shortage of litter bins but smokers do not seem to think that cigarette ends are litter!!!! :angry:

TO ALL SMOKERS OUT THERE ---------- CIGARETTE ENDS ARE LITTER!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the graffiti which has appeared on the benches..... Don't want to get going on that one!

I wish people using this area would respect it a bit more and keep it nice. rolleyes2:

LUCKY
17-09-2012, 17:59
The completed beach is wonderful, but as addy stated it is just unfinished!

Nothing has been done to the area at the top of the beach.

We thought that they could have at least put the lights on so it would look good at night. I do not understand why the beach lighting does not come on with the street lighting.

We went for a walk along the beach the other day and were quite angry about the cigarette ends thrown onto the sand. There is no shortage of litter bins but smokers do not seem to think that cigarette ends are litter!!!! :angry:

TO ALL SMOKERS OUT THERE ---------- CIGARETTE ENDS ARE LITTER!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the graffiti which has appeared on the benches..... Don't want to get going on that one!

I wish people using this area would respect it a bit more and keep it nice. rolleyes2:

E by gum i see you are getting ready to complain to the area council, you even put your'e post in triplicate. so do you suggest i bring my own dustpan and brush?:flatcap::feret:

Mia
17-09-2012, 18:15
OOPS!

Reply to thread did not seem to post. Should not have kept trying.

Been trying to edit it back to one post......... Finally managed it!!!!!! Sorry:eek:

delderek
17-09-2012, 18:43
Just an observation. The area overall looks nice, but instead of using sand, they have used ground up rock, and not very finely ground, more like gravel, you would not want to walk on it in bare feet. The Kiosk has only just been put out to tender, which I think includes Sunbed franchise On the days I looked down there, maximum number of people 40 or 50, and many of them Spanish (who take their own food and drink and never pay for Sunbeds). No kiosk is ever going to make money, so unless Adeje actually pay someone to open it is just not going to work.

YOUNG GOLFER
17-09-2012, 19:48
I am sure they will get everything sorted i.e facilities for the public soon.

This beach looks lovely........yes it took a long long time but it's here now.

Let's not forget we are in a crisis and money is very tight like it is everywhere else......... and there are many projects that have been put to one side for now.

But one thing for sure I would not be willing to put in a Tender for a bar after all if there are only 40 to 50 people using this beach most will take their own food and drinks and again i can't blame them when things are very tight for many folk right now.

Enjoy the beach and if you see a bit of litter on the floor why not do your bit and help keep it clean and put it in the bin.

Mind you Adeje could try what one of the councils in the UK did a few years back they gave children £5 if they seen them putting litter in the bin.
They called it a £5 reward lol now that's wasting tax payers money if ever i seen it. ???

addy
17-09-2012, 20:12
I actually saw two council workers tending the plants this very morning it seems daft as said before that the lamps and watering system doesn't work until the kiosk is operational ??
I totally agree about the sand "bad decision" and Canarians have a blind spot when it comes to dog poo and cigarette ends ..
Graffiti is a crime that should be punishable by flogging :nono:

LUCKY
17-09-2012, 22:57
I actually saw two council workers tending the plants this very morning it seems daft as said before that the lamps and watering system doesn't work until the kiosk is operational ??
I totally agree about the sand "bad decision" and Canarians have a blind spot when it comes to dog poo and cigarette ends ..
Graffiti is a crime that should be punishable by flogging :nono: They are obviously getting the place tidy for my arrival !!! will i still need my brush and dustpan:flatcap::feret:

addy
19-09-2012, 21:53
They are obviously getting the place tidy for my arrival !!! will i still need my brush and dustpan:flatcap::feret:

If you like just pop up and clean my patio while your on with it !!:lol:

Dan747
20-09-2012, 04:45
but instead of using sand, they have used ground up rock, and not very finely ground, more like gravel, you would not want to walk on it in bare feet.

That was my big disappointment with it, after all the years waiting, they couldn't even be bothered to use sand, the gravel isn't very nice to walk on and I certainly wouldn't want to lie on it, no wonder there are only 40-50 people using it per day, own goal Adeje!

LUCKY
21-09-2012, 15:30
Adeje pledge: Adeje council has promised to arrange a kiosk, umbrellas and beds on Callao Salvaje’s new beach as soon as possible.

Apparently the delay was due to the Provincial Coastal Service of Santa Cruz de Tenerife not approving the works. Now this has been done, the council can go out to public tender and invite applications to run the various concessions at Playa de Ajabo. Councillors say they will “work as quickly as possible” to get this done.

The municipality will also be responsible for cleaning and maintenance and has reminded beach users to play their part by not leaving rubbish and using the litter bins provided

Jollypolly
14-10-2012, 13:34
Had a walk down to Callao Salvaje beach this morning. What is happening... or ... What is not happening. From the top I looked down on a neglected new beach, what a shame, all that money, labour and time spent on renovation and then neglect. The tide line and immediate "sand" is littered with large stones and debris, the shrubs, cactus, small plants and some expensive specimen trees dead through lack of water. I am sure the villagers thought this new beach would be an asset and
a joy to show off, not so. At the moment it is a sad
beach, no toilets, no showers, dead plants, dirty tide line. The only thing surviving is the hardy weeds that are growing stronger and taller in-between the plants. I just wonder if it will be the week before the next elections when we see some action.

TenerifeTeddy
14-10-2012, 16:53
There was an article in this weeks Canarian Weekly that the bidding process for the tender to the beach ends on Tuesday 16 October, so hopefully there will soon be people in place running the beach bar, the facilities and cleaning. The council though is responsible for maintaining the trees & shrubs. I agree that it is real shame that is has been allowed to deteriorate already.

berrywinkle
06-11-2012, 21:43
I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Calleo Salvaje where there has been a great improvement in the beach. Sadly whoever approved the plans forget to add cigarette bins for the inconsiderate smokers who dispose of their cigarette ends in the sand. There are more ciggy ends in the sand than shells and I for one would not be happy taking children there to play in the sand as it is just like an ashtray.

Come on adults show an example and clean up after yourselves and look after the beautiful beach that you have been given. I hope when I return that an effort has been made to clean up the sand
for all to enjoy.

LUCKY
06-11-2012, 23:03
I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Calleo Salvaje where there has been a great improvement in the beach. Sadly whoever approved the plans forget to add cigarette bins for the inconsiderate smokers who dispose of their cigarette ends in the sand. There are more ciggy ends in the sand than shells and I for one would not be happy taking children there to play in the sand as it is just like an ashtray.

Come on adults show an example and clean up after yourselves and look after the beautiful beach that you have been given. I hope when I return that an effort has been made to clean up the sand
for all to enjoy. :feret: i walked on the very same beach yesterday i can only say i didn't see any ciggy ends on the beach :feret:but there was plenty of fleshy butts, maybe that was where my attention was:feret: