PDA

View Full Version : How can I get rid of ants in Tenerife?

sunseeker
06-04-2012, 12:31
does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of ants. iget them every year and there coming back now as its geting a bit warmer. i hate the little *******s. :D

LiLmissSunshine
06-04-2012, 14:10
Aw I know the feeling I hate them too we started getting quite a few and bought all the sprays, sprayed the floor so they ended up crawling along the ceiling instead :laugh: We ended up buying something from the hardware shop at Ocean Park, the stuff is called ECOgel Hormigas (well thats what it says on the syringe thing not sure about the packet). You put it along their trail and once they eat it or take it back to the queen its supposed to kill them. It took a few days to get rid but we haven't had ants since. The stuff is supposed to last 3 months. They ended up all gathering round the stuff and they seem to be really attracted to it. Looks disgusting with them all round it though :laugh:

timmylish
06-04-2012, 17:24
Aw I know the feeling I hate them too we started getting quite a few and bought all the sprays, sprayed the floor so they ended up crawling along the ceiling instead :laugh: We ended up buying something from the hardware shop at Ocean Park, the stuff is called ECOgel Hormigas (well thats what it says on the syringe thing not sure about the packet). You put it along their trail and once they eat it or take it back to the queen its supposed to kill them. It took a few days to get rid but we haven't had ants since. The stuff is supposed to last 3 months. They ended up all gathering round the stuff and they seem to be really attracted to it. Looks disgusting with them all round it though :laugh:

Yep!
Used the same stuff last year and has worked wonders. Its been the only thing to eradicate the blighters. They eat the stuff (like honey) transfer it to their nests and kills everything in there. Not seen any this year but expect them back with a new and fresh batch of creepy crawlies and as soon as we see them this stuff will be put back on their trail.

KirstyJay
06-04-2012, 18:15
I use Nippon that I buy in batchloads from the UK, but nice to know there's something just as good here now. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
06-04-2012, 18:55
I like to put down some jam in different places then wait for the blighters to turn up then a nice hot shower from the kettle....like to give them a good meal first.

slodgedad
07-04-2012, 01:38
HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1998-How-can-I-get-rid-of-tiny-ants-in-Tenerife) is another thread. Maybe that may help, and ANOTHER (http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9695) from the old Forum

sunseeker
07-04-2012, 10:38
thanks for the ideas and links. :)

Mia
08-04-2012, 15:11
We got the ECOgel from Ferreteria Goyo at Armenime.
You just need to put a small blob near to where they are. As LiLmissSunshine said they all gather round it.

It got rid of them for at least the 3 months but then a new batch came along, so you just repeat the process and they are gone very quickly.

sunseeker
08-04-2012, 15:13
why do they keep comin back tho? :(

its like a constant battle.