PDA

View Full Version : Other Thoughts after trip to Los Cristianos, Tenerife

Balcony
06-04-2012, 20:18
Just got back from a couple of weeks at the apartment in Cristianos and it's the first time in a long time that I felt I wanted to stay longer.

Not sure what it was...maybe we had a very relaxing time and met several old friends. I never once went into a hardware store! I did persuade my wife to come to Nuri ** and look at mattresses! My wife never bought any new shoes....I on the other hand discovered when unpacking that I had NO SHIRTS, so had to buy a few (my excuse for a trip to Santa Cruz).

** NURI : we went in to look at mattresses, but when we went back yesterday (Thursday) it was closed. I assumed it had something to do with Easter, but someone later told me they gone bust. Can that be? I know they closed their place in Granadilla.

Balcony
06-04-2012, 20:19
Just got back from a couple of weeks at the apartment in Cristianos and it's the first time in a long time that I felt I wanted to stay longer.

Not sure what it was...maybe we had a very relaxing time and met several old friends. I never once went into a hardware store! I did persuade my wife to come to Nuri ** and look at mattresses! My wife never bought any new shoes....I on the other hand discovered when unpacking that I had NO SHIRTS, so had to buy a few (my excuse for a trip to Santa Cruz).

** NURI : we went in to look at mattresses, but when we went back yesterday (Thursday) it was closed. I assumed it had something to do with Easter, but someone later told me they gone bust. Can that be? I know they closed their place in Granadilla.

marbro8
06-04-2012, 20:53
i am bloody suicidal when it's time to come back:D

imablue
06-04-2012, 21:01
yesterday (thursday) apparently was also a bank holiday... ?..

9PLUS
06-04-2012, 21:07

If you need a push i'm here for you.........................dear

marbro8
06-04-2012, 21:33
If you need a push i'm here for you.........................dearwhat a pal;)

slodgedad
07-04-2012, 01:14
yesterday (thursday) apparently was also a bank holiday... ?..

Indeed, Maundy Thursday is a public holiday in Tenerife. Having said that the British Easter Monday bank holiday is not done in Spain.

Easter Monday, like Boxing Day, are not holidays here.

9PLUS
07-04-2012, 08:37
Having said that the British Easter Monday bank holiday is not done in Spain.

And the survey says [X]........................................Wrong

DeedeeTipperary
07-04-2012, 12:39
As you all probably know here in the south of Ireland Good Friday is an alcohol free zone , no pubs allowed open :cry: It doesnt bother me as I only drink cocktails on holidays:yum: Are pubs open in Tenerife on Good Friday ? Just wondering as my Uncle is out there at the moment and he likes a little tipple :lol:

kingbaker
07-04-2012, 12:56

:wink2:I'm still lookin' for a woman with two pubs, so I dont have to leave ever again. Not havin' any luck at all

Anybody got any suggestions that might help???:wink2::laugh: