PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Carlos Restaurant, Club Atlantis, Puerto Colon, Tenerife

Bazz
12-06-2011, 09:07
Thought this restaurant was really good. Beautiful inside and out. Has a Portuguese chef/owner (I think), who conjures up some really good sauces to go with your steak etc. Friendly staff, good food, service and spotlessly clean. Would recommend. :hungry::hello::hat:

Angusjim
12-06-2011, 09:19
Thought this restaurant was really good. Beautiful inside and out. Has a Portuguese chef/owner (I think), who conjures up some really good sauces to go with your steak etc. Friendly staff, good food, service and spotlessly clean. Would recommend. :hungry::hello::hat:

Totaly agree always visit when we are over food and service always top class:hungry:

Red Devil
12-06-2011, 19:32
Totaly agree always visit when we are over food and service always top class:hungry:

I agree its a lovely place with good food, very nice people - vey lucky to have both this restaurant and Casa Tres at Sunset Bay so close by, both excellent.

Tom and Lesley
17-07-2011, 18:06
Hi
we visited Carlos in June 2011, the food was excellent. We tried a Portuguese rose wine it was also excellent.

LeFrunk
17-07-2011, 18:14
Where exactly is Carlos place please.

AL JAY
17-07-2011, 18:22
Where exactly is Carlos place please.

From San Eugenio shopping centre you will see Scotch Corner,walk down the hill towards Puerto Colon past Club Atlantis and it is just past there on the left.

Angusjim
26-05-2012, 11:31
Carlos is our favourite restaurant and as usual the service & the food were first class last week.

9PLUS
26-05-2012, 14:42
A really good all round restaurant.

macdonald5
26-05-2012, 14:50
A really good all round restaurant.

Yes ,one of our favourites,Mandy and 'Carlos' owners are super hosts and chef
We here at minute, have eaten there 3 times and might to back again before going home
Good a la carte menu also €15.95 and €20 special menus
We often have the €20 meal with excellent choices and always cooked and
served to perfection. Wines - good choice at acceptable prices
We had Xmas day meal here and again very good

ally9997
26-05-2012, 19:37
must try their again my family and i went couple of years back i ordered seabass which i eat often it came dried out and full of bones YUK i mentioned it to waitress which she replied o well sea bass has bones!!!!!!! well after her comment i thought stick it mate.....

so maybe in the future i might try again after these super reports

ally x

macdonald5
28-05-2013, 12:41
Have eaten here again 3 times this holiday
Each time we chose the €20 set 3 course menu
Starters tried the melon/ Parma ham,pâté /mushrooms all very nice
Mains of sirloin steak,chicken in peach sauce and fish in white wine sauce all super,dish of fresh veg each time
Good choice of sweets but we usually stuck with ice cream as full by then
Nice bottle of Rioja in this very relaxed setting a great choice

Angusjim
11-10-2014, 10:31
Our favourite restaurant in this area and we will defo visit this time around great food and great staff. I assume the food still great and it is still busy anyone been in recently ?

macdonald5
11-10-2014, 11:21
Our favourite restaurant in this area and we will defo visit this time around great food and great staff. I assume the food still great and it is still busy anyone been in recently ?

Yes, we ate again at Carlos last night
11 of us had various meals ,everything excellent as usual
Couple of staff changes since our last visit but Norbert still there

golazzo
30-12-2015, 21:48
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top. Fantastic restaurant and excellent value. On my list again this year along with Oliver's ( that's if we can get in )

macdonald5
31-12-2015, 09:29
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top. Fantastic restaurant and excellent value. On my list again this year along with Oliver's ( that's if we can get in )

We agree !!!!

Angusjim
31-12-2015, 09:48
We agree !!!!

So do we:wave:

Bazz
03-01-2016, 10:06
Me too :) Our favourite.
Sorry, don't rate Oliver's at all.

golazzo
05-01-2016, 19:06
Sorry, don't rate Oliver's at all.

Really. Any particular reason why?

Angusjim
06-01-2016, 08:48
Went to Carlos last night and as usual service and food excellent:c2::c2::c2:

marbro8
06-01-2016, 09:29
Sorry, don't rate Oliver's at all.a few years ago we tried olivers before it changed hands. and it was a great experience. it seems to have gone from strength too strength. my friend who goes to tenerife for about 3-4 months of the year has probably eaten at most of the restaurants in and around los cris/la americas etc etc. so thought he would go in to book a table for him and his wife. he was greeted with a condescending laugh from the woman at the bar. he said "have i said something funny"?. she replied with" you can't just get a table like that. some people have to book a table a year in advance". now he didn't have a problem with that. it just shows how popular the place is. it was just her attitude. needless to say he will never step foot in there again. and has told as many people as he can. so there is someone who hates the place and has never even tried the food:lol:
and to stay on thread where is club atlantis?

macdonald5
06-01-2016, 09:37
Club Atlantis is in San Eugenio near Puerto Colon Marina, on hill down from Scotch Corner and St Eugens bar
Sloops bar is next door

Largish blue/ white hotel
As AJ says, we find it one of best meal on holidays

Angusjim
06-01-2016, 10:52
I would suggest to anyone thinking about going to book a table

macdonald5
06-01-2016, 11:34
I would suggest to anyone thinking about going to book a table

:agree:..................

golazzo
07-01-2016, 19:46

Emailed Oliver's to book for March. Fully booked up till April at the earliest. Better luck with Oliver's though. Two nights booked in for March

marbro8
07-01-2016, 19:53
Emailed Oliver's to book for March. Fully booked up till April at the earliest. Better luck with Oliver's though. Two nights booked in for Marchyou have confused me now:confused::lol:

macdonald5
07-01-2016, 19:54
Emailed Oliver's to book for March. Fully booked up till April at the earliest. Better luck with Oliver's though. Two nights booked in for March

Yes Olivers need very early bookings
( perhaps because only small or bijou) we've bookings for May and October 2016
They also only want one sitting to save stress on kitchen and staff
They must be doing something right !!

golazzo
08-01-2016, 11:27
Yes Olivers need very early bookings
( perhaps because only small or bijou) we've bookings for May and October 2016
They also only want one sitting to save stress on kitchen and staff
They must be doing something right !!

A good income and stress free life by all accounts then. Who can blame them.

macdonald5
21-05-2016, 08:18
Been to Carlos twice this holiday with friends ,food delicious as usual and staff very efficient and friendly Very pleasant atmosphere
Fully booked most evenings !!

bennoa1
23-05-2016, 13:10
Closed Sunday and Monday from what I can remember. Went to have a look but didn't eat there but will try it next time I'm out.

macdonald5
23-05-2016, 13:41
Yes closed Sunday and Monday now but suspect it opens Mondays later in season
They usually have a longish holiday June/ July time

cheery
14-06-2016, 13:35
We went last July and they were closed for holidays. We did actually eat there the time before that though and the food and service were excellent. Had a good chat with the owner as our son's a chef and we have a fish and chip shop so are interested in how others run their business.

TenerifeFanatic
07-07-2016, 23:07
Really, really glad we went when we were on holiday in June. Everything was just perfect!

Angusjim
22-04-2017, 07:30
Anyone been in lately I assume they are maintaining their usual great standard never had a bad meal in there and service is top class as well. I think that's where I am going to celebrate my 50th birthday when I am over in May then round to Harleys to see Crush. I really enjoy Harleys and Crush are always excellent

LindaD
22-04-2017, 21:43
Anyone been in lately I assume they are maintaining their usual great standard never had a bad meal in there and service is top class as well. I think that's where I am going to celebrate my 50th birthday when I am over in May then round to Harleys to see Crush. I really enjoy Harleys and Crush are always excellent

Your 50th Angusjim???? You mean to tell me you haven't got your bus pass yet?? Yir jist a slip o a lad :D
Anyway since you mention this place, I might have a look for it when I'm there in a couple of weeks time.

Angusjim
23-04-2017, 08:47
Your 50th Angusjim???? You mean to tell me you haven't got your bus pass yet?? Yir jist a slip o a lad :D
Anyway since you mention this place, I might have a look for it when I'm there in a couple of weeks time.

If your are going I would advise you book a table +34 922 79 79 05 as they are often fully booked see lots of walk ins being turned away.